UDM Dominion War Scenario Beta Test - for 3.0.1c and 3.0.1d

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

That might become quite tough to do so timmy, though a crashlog from both of you would clearly help.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Mentat wrote:btw. Badlands, I see your screenshots of the map show the black hole image rather then the one of the badlands and I wonder why.
he is using old version of UDM with saved games this could cause crashes

thunderchero
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Thanks Thunder.

Get the latest UDM version timmy, else any kind of error could happen. The map was made with and for the latest UDM incarnation, I am actually surprised that it works on older ones.

It might still be that some crashes are caused by the sheer size of a map, and the great number of ships/fleets moving around. Anyhow I fear for this specific game, you and your friend will need a restart. And if I were him, I wouldn't let the Cardassians or any other empire set foot in the Gamma Quadrant, even if you play cooperatively, he will need the systems, the expansion towards the Alpha Quadrant, and most of all the imo best "Minor" in UDM, the Breen.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Mentat wrote:and most of all the imo best "Minor" in UDM, the Breen.
*waits for Dr_Breen to come waltzing in and say something* :lol:
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

for mentat i was inspired by you avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwbPRCRkMy0
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Thats the corrrect thread, keep with the installation on the first side, ...
viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1093
Dominion Wars - Scenario
blackzoid
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by blackzoid »

Well I restarted the scenario because of 3 reasons.
1: The memory slowdown between turns was becoming unmanageable.
2: I ruined the game by using intel to have the Federation and Romulans go to war with each other.
3: I also ruined the game by taking advantage of the Federation AI's stupidty. As in wait till they have a fleet sent to my Gamma Quadrant core, than took their planets along their route. The AI scrapped their entire huge fleets. No fun taking them on now.

So I've restarted as Dominion again, and confined my Gamma Quadrant side to mostly being west of the line up from the wormhole. I only want contact through the Wormhole. I am cheating like crazy to have a good position.

Mentat perhaps instead of more minors, you give the Dominion many pop 600 empty systems with Dilithium? This will give them their cannocial shipbuilding advantage. And it will give the "feel" of a huge intersteller empire on the other side of the Wormhole.

As regards the wormhole, I believe the AI never uses it. So its up to me.

Use of -Mudd reveals a nice picture so far. No-one is at war with each other. All the empires are reasonable (although the Romulans look a bit cramped with the Federation up in their faces.) Once again the Federation are the run-away leaders.
They are up to Excelsiors/Constellations already and have many minors.

I'm hoping to have a canon Dominion war. I'm going to send a few ships through the wormhole and make contact with the Cardies and will bribe them until I have an alliance. I can't make an outpost on the other side of the Wormhole as it is in Cardassian territory but once I have an Alliance I can go to Bajor and make the outpost their. And then bring lots of ships through the wormhole just like the show. Might wait a bit longer until the Federation have Galaxies though. I just don't want it to wait too long before they declare war on the Cardassians though. Or the Cardys get stupid enough to do it themselves.
blackzoid
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by blackzoid »

Ah Damn.

I make first contact with the Cardassians, got a non-agression pact with them, the Federation declares war, I ask for an alliance with the Cardassians and on the turn at which I get their answer, I have a recurring crash to desktop! Every time.
And its happening if I don't make the offer.

I'm gutted! Just as the game was getting very interesting. I have the UDM files from around January/February which was when I got the saved scenarios. I realise that a new ship pack has been released but I'm too depressed to start replaying everything from scratch at the moment.
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Sorry to hear that Blackzoid, but an error log of that CTD would help a lot. Btw. the "ship pack" is not different from what Thunder has released in his latest UDM version, its just the ships from that latest version to be used in other mods/vanilla.

If you are frustrated for now, just leave it, I will work on a corrected map as soon as I find time, and I hope that it will be better for the AI aswell as for the players. As for random CTDs and other errors, I fear many of them are either general BOTF bugs or related to the huge size if that map. But send me that crashlog or post it here.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
blackzoid
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by blackzoid »

Ok, I feel like playing again.

Whats the story with crash logs? I reloaded the crash scenario again and the "crash" file in the UDML folder is empty. Anywhere else the info is printed out that you need?

Thanks in advance for any aid. Its a great map.

My plan this time is to make an immediate dash to the Wormhole and get a troop transport across so that I can build an outpost on the other side. Then get the Bajorans into the Dominion (so I have an Alpha Quadrant base) and get an Alliance with the Cardys. Thats the only way to save them from the evil Federation. Cheating like crazy to do this of course.
Sweethawk
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sweethawk »

Hi ,

I have a question for them. If it is also all would like to have the Dominion Wars Scenario Save files. Please when will they send me a PM message or say where can I download the .

Sweethawk
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Hi Sweethawk, and any other interested community members. I have defintely closed the beta test for the existing files, so no further release for them as of now.

Please be patient, I have started a new job, and I am completely occupied for the time. I will release a new testversion as soon as I find the time to amend the old files. I deem the next version will be more fun to play, and so its not worth to sink kneedeep into a testversion that has proven to be not balanced well enough.

cheers

Mentat
Dominion Wars - Scenario
toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by toffeeblue »

All good things come to those that wait.

Good luck in the job Mentat.

You audience (like myself) will keep watching for developments (y)

Note: this topic has been locked due to errors in pages

thunderchero
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: UDM Dominion War Scenario Beta Test - for 3.0.1c and 3.0.1d

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

I setup these files for those who still want to play the "UDM Dominion War Scenario" by Mentat (UDMIII 3.0.1C)

to get Scenario to work on "All in One" installation run installer at 1024 x 768 resolution, this is required since saved game were setup with those map settings.

download UDM Dominion War Scenario zip

extract files to any location.

Backup stbof.res and trek.exe in UDML install folder. so you can return to latest version, or you would need to reinstall to play latest version.

add stbof.res and trek.exe to UDML install folder.

copy desired saved game you want to play from "Dominion Wars scenario saves" folder that you extracted.

let me know if you have any issues.

also since these save were very sensitive you should always save on empty saved games. See this post for more info

Note; expect issues with saves becoming corrupt in later stages of game, this has always been an issue when saves games are edited. sorry.

Enjoy
thunderchero

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”