UDM Dominion War Scenario Beta Test - for 3.0.1c and 3.0.1d

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Mentat
Commander
Commander

UDM Dominion War Scenario Beta Test - for 3.0.1c and 3.0.1d

Post by Mentat »

Hi Everyone,

I setup these files for those who still want to play the "UDM Dominion War Scenario" by Mentat (UDMIII 3.0.1C)

to get Scenario to work on "All in One" installation run installer at 1024 x 768 resolution, this is required since saved game were setup with those map settings.

download UDM Dominion War Scenario zip

extract files to any location.

Backup stbof.res and trek.exe in UDML install folder. so you can return to latest version, or you would need to reinstall to play latest version.

add stbof.res and trek.exe to UDML install folder.

copy desired saved game you want to play from "Dominion Wars scenario saves" folder that you extracted.

let me know if you have any issues.

also since these save were very sensitive you should always save on empty saved games. See this post for more info

Note; expect issues with saves becoming corrupt in later stages of game, this has always been an issue when saves games are edited. sorry.

Enjoy
thunderchero

original post by Mentat
this post was moved for info only about final release of UDM Dominion War Scenario
they were available as part of the installer of version 3.0.1c and 3.0.1d before changes to the mod that made them no longer compatible.

Edit; file was out of date so it was removed

Well, I am finally back at work and nearing completion of the Canon Map for the Dominion War scenario for UDML and I really think a short period of tests won't hurt. So what I am seeking now is a handfull of Testers to help me looking for inconsistancies, errors and balance issues on the map. As soon as I have completed the map you will get a PM with starting savefiles. Please post here, if you feel you have the time and interest to do so in the next weeks.

Mapoverview

Federation starting area

Klingon starting area

Romulan starting area

Cardassian starting area

Dominion starting area

Grant!
Last edited by Mentat on Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:52 am, edited 12 times in total.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
ZeroChance
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by ZeroChance »

Um, how do I say this...

YES YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES!

*cough*

Uh, please. I would like to be a tester, please.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Amazing work Mentat... I would test, however I have no time. If you want to you can PM me a copy so i can tinker with it when I have spare time ;)

Cookie! :P
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Very cool, Mentat! Unfortunately, I lack the time to be a beta-tester as well, but I definitely look forward to trying it out at some point. :D

If I can just quick ask: What's with the two neutron star clusters in the northwest & northeast quadrants? I can only assume that was deliberate, but what are they supposed to represent?
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

Sure, I can test it.

Now to add a few useless words so my post appears. :roll:
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Martok wrote:If I can just quick ask: What's with the two neutron star clusters in the northwest & northeast quadrants? I can only assume that was deliberate, but what are they supposed to represent?
They are absolutely deliberate and represent the Black Cluster (Northwest) between the Federation and Breen Space and the Zeta Gelis Cluster (Northeast), which is located in "proximity" to Federation and Romulan territories. Some smaller clusters are also represented in this way. I know that using the neutron star graphic is not the best way to represent star clusters, but it could be worse.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

8O Awesome, I had been thinking of making my own map , but this looks awesome. I should have lots of time to test this, I am unemployed at present to I will have plenty of BOTF time.
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Testers confirmed so far:
ZeroChance
Tethys
Martok
mickar
robert_defore
carcher
Brodibble
malishious_intent
blackzoid
sanityfreezone
RSE_Dissy
Chernabog
timmy
KrazeeXXL

You will receive a PM in the next Minutes with a link to download "Dominion Wars scenario saves.rar" from 4shared. You will need a program (e.g. WINRAR) to unzip the rar files accordingly. You may want install them into the folder of UDML, named Dominion Wars scenario. The rar contains SP, MP and Teamplay files. I would suggest to start with the SP files and copy the repsective race save (e.g. game0.sav, named DOMINION WAR - Cardassian Union) into the UDML folder. Then start UDML and load the respective game. I wish you all fun with it and please report anyting into this thread. This is meant as beta test!

Cheers, Mentat.
Last edited by Mentat on Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Woohoo! Lol just read the rest of ur post, answered my question :P
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Ok let me be the first to post some feedback, I hope that I help only:

First of all let me thank you and compliment you for all your hard work and endless hours for creating this. It is HIGHLY appreciated I am sure.

On with the feedback:

One thing that disturbs me is the proximity of Breen to Skreea and Dominion space. From what I understand, Breen is somewhere west of Ferenginar and just north northwest of Federation territory, north northeast of Cardassia.

Bajor should have a DS9, unless you plan on having Cardassians conquer them and build their starbase there.

Romulus and Romii should be a bit more southwest (nearer to Sol and Vulcan), and Calder should be almost directly in between (Romulus - Sol).

Other than that, you missed the Delta Quadrant (which was to be expected afterall it's a Dominion Wars Scenario :P) Nonetheless I've included it in the maps below:
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

I am dl'ing now, will try to put in some hours of play time tonight. Will respond in the morning.

Thanks for the work you have done on this by the way. It is a dream come true after 10 years. 8)

Edit: Just noticed that some of the new systems have uncolonizable M class worlds, and some are already terraformed, is this WAD or just an oversight?

For instance, the M class worlds in Axanar and Sirius need to be T formed while the two M class worlds in Teneebia are ready to go.
Brodibble
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Brodibble »

i should have some time over the next few days to test for you. if you are still looking for testers that is. :)
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Tethys wrote:Ok let me be the first to post some feedback, I hope that I help only:
First of all let me thank you and compliment you for all your hard work and endless hours for creating this. It is HIGHLY appreciated I am sure.
Thank you Tethys, and I really do hope the community will enjoy the scenario.
Tethys wrote:One thing that disturbs me is the proximity of Breen to Skreea and Dominion space. From what I understand, Breen is somewhere west of Ferenginar and just north northwest of Federation territory, north northeast of Cardassia.
That is an exact observation Tethys, though this proximity is a necessary one for gameplay reasons. While the wormhole between Bajor and Idran does its job to create contact between the Dominion and at least the Cardassians, it does not guarantee that those two come to any form of cooperation, which is the only way the Dominion would proceed further into the alpha/beta quadrant. As such, I had to find means that the Dominion is able to colonize through Breen space into that area, and I basically blended the Gammaquadrant information into the Alpha quadrant. So some overlappings occur.
Tethys wrote:Bajor should have a DS9, unless you plan on having Cardassians conquer them and build their starbase there..
The latter is the fact, since we start before the Cardassian Occupation. In the planned advanced version of Dominion War, Bajor(or rather the wormhole) will come with an Federation or Dominion owned DS9/Terok Nor station.
Tethys wrote:Romulus and Romii should be a bit more southwest (nearer to Sol and Vulcan), and Calder should be almost directly in between (Romulus - Sol).
I will recheck this, but this might be because I used ST Maps as basis for the entire scenario, which might lead to some differences from the maps you posted. I have made an Excel map, which I used as basis for the Scenario, with all the information I needed entered, and the ratio between ST maps sectors(20*20 Lightyears) and Dominion War scenario sectors (6,6*6,6 Lightyears) 3:1. I will post this Spreadsheet, so you all can use it as basis to check for errors.
Tethys wrote:Other than that, you missed the Delta Quadrant (which was to be expected afterall it's a Dominion Wars Scenario :P) Nonetheless I've included it in the maps below:
Yes deliberately so, I think the Delta Quadrant will be well settled in you MOD, and I saw no reason to include it in a basically Alpha/Beta Quadrant map with a gamme quadrant extension.

Tethys, thanks for you quick feedback, keep it going. I will try to answer and correct anything possible.
Last edited by Mentat on Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

robert_defore wrote: Just noticed that some of the new systems have uncolonizable M class worlds, and some are already terraformed, is this WAD or just an oversight?

For instance, the M class worlds in Axanar and Sirius need to be T formed while the two M class worlds in Teneebia are ready to go.
Absolutely correct, I thought no world is "per se" terraformed to fit any kind of race to colonize instantly, so even Minshara Class worlds (M) are a focus of terraforming before you can get hold of them as colony.

As for planets that are already terraformed, no matter what class they are. This represents Minor races, that are not represented as Minor in the scenario, but it shuld relfect, that those homeplanets are practically terraformed for its populations needs. So when you colonize Teneebia, think of it that you sucessfully made a diplomatic move to make them join the Federation, and if its Tribble Prime, you will be able to report of a glorious Klingon conquest.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

http://www.4shared.com/file/204937625/b ... N_WAR.html

This is the spreadsheet that I created to develope the scenario map. A few things in advance:
1.) The fat orange line devides Alpha and Beta Quadrant.
2.) The light blue lines depict the sector borders of ST Maps
3.) The black outlines are the actual sector borders ingame.
4.) Stars are represented in the colour as ST Maps imagined them.
5.) Some Minors whos homeworld location were unknown or unsure, I have simply attached to an existing Starsystem within range.
6.) Stars with big light blue markers show that Dilithium is present in that system.
7.) Small markers show Minor races that are not directly represented in the scenario (I may have missed one or two there)
8.) The Major and Medium powers main colonies are represented in darker and lighter colours, the darker ones represent core systems and the light coloured ones are fringe colonies. I used this system to set up the system sizes and qualities. Grey systems are basically of the lowest quality, and are meant to round up the map.

One more thing, Trek.exe is yet not modified to show all correct planet names, but if you use UE you will see that those are entered to the save, but overwritten by botf atm.

And a quick glimpse on a Fed early game situation.
Dominion Wars - Scenario

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”