new udm d version...

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: new udm d version...

Post by thunderchero »

this would be the best intel post

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2311&sid=3ed999cf9e ... faf0d0df2a

but yes intel defense was increased. and there is extra bonuses for AI on hard and impossible.

thunderchero
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

Thanks for the link thunder but is it possible to get one without the extended view? I don't like that view. Thanks again
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

mickar wrote:Thanks for the link thunder but is it possible to get one without the extended view? I don't like that view. Thanks again
I guess, :wink:

large no extended view
https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/lib/ ... s/trek.exe

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

A question; I used UE to make some changed to my installation of the game: some changes ship stats, added a few new ship models; switched models between themselves. What is the easiest way to port the changes to another computer?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

use UE

have a folder ready named "changes" or what ever

Edit/other/list of modified files then click "export all"

during export select the folder you created and save edited files to there

for adding files to other computer use UE also

edit/ other/files then add the files in stbof folder

then copy the trek.exe to the correct install.

If you have edited other files copy those to correct location too (sound ect)

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

Another questions; you know how heavy destroyers and attack cruisers have the same model except for the fed. I added additional models and i noticed that against one of them - kling attack cruiser II, my romulan vessels would not fire torpedoes. They fired them against other models in the same battle. The "invincible" model was taken over i think from the All Ages mood ship pack. I'll bring more details once i'll check. Could have been a different phaser number. My question is what could cause my ships not to fire torpedoes at it?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

adi wrote:My question is what could cause my ships not to fire torpedoes at it?
check min firing distance. sometime ships get too close to fire torpedoes. when this happens use different command like circle.

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

i checked that and no, it wasn't that; it was far enough and i saw my ships firing at that distance to other type of ships; i will remove the model; it's style didn't fit anyway.
BTW how do you guys generate the installation pack; i made a fair amount of changes and i'd like to keep them in version-ed packs before i go any further. I am now quite used to UE and i am making lots of changes at once; sooner or later i am gonna do something bad like totally brake the balance and i'd like to have a back-up point.

Another question; I found how to change the planets population but how can I change the growth rate for a planet type/size? Can I do that in UE? I could not find it.
Also there must be a limit for a system population because as I doubled the Terran max pop I noticed systems would have less planets if they had a Terran one; as if to compensate; this however is not the case for the home systems of major and minor races; this only applied to not-populated systems and the additional start-up systems of the majors. Is there an UE editable easy way around this?

Still connected, when one of my member-ed factions (Zakdorn) got a pop bonus from their modified Terran planets (~+300), they grew as expected until they reached about 450(i am guessing there original max pop), then for about 10-20 turns they grew only +1/turn; after that they grew as expected to there max pop.

To sum it up, do we have somewhere a max pop for populated system at the start? and can that be changed fro UE?
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

An idea for future moods: i always thought outposts and star bases are to easily destroyed; and the winner gets lots of xp; so they should at least take a couple of the opponents with them. Because of that in my games i enhanced them to carry about 7 times the hull, shield and weapons of the contemporary cruiser. Still one might argue that just by "spending" one (or two) transports you get a big-ass stationary defense point. But i like it this way.

Also i noticed that the AI builds outposts but rarely upgrades then to a star bases. Any thoughts on this one?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

adi wrote:BTW how do you guys generate the installation pack
this is not easy thing to do, it uses inno setup 5 with many detailed scripts ran by bat files.

best thing for normal user is to use UE and in options it will allow you to create so many backups files when you want to save at any point you can just copy that file to a safe location and use UE to restore to that point.
adi wrote:Another question; I found how to change the planets population but how can I change the growth rate for a planet type/size? Can I do that in UE? I could not find it.
adi wrote:Also there must be a limit for a system population
this would need to be done at the assembly level using a hex editor.
adi wrote:Also i noticed that the AI builds outposts but rarely upgrades then to a star bases. Any thoughts on this one?
this can be corrected so AI has starbases you would need to change all bases (outposts and starbases) to use type outpost and change so each would upgrade from older one. this way as AI progress it would have the best available base. there are other cosmetic change you could make too.

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

thank you for the replies; i have seen that old post about the 80-400 limit for population; i'll write in the UE post, maybe DCER can add a feature to edit these from UE. And yes I will take your advice and make the star bases actually high level outposts.
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

Making the starbases have about 7 times the hull, shield and firepower of the contemporary cruiser is fun for human players but the AI gets decimated by them. I can destroy such a star base with 14-18 cruisers and only lose two-three of them but the AI will lose most of its ships trying to do the same. Strong starbases are not a good idea for a game against the AI. On the bright side it seems that the turn time does not take to much after when you reach 200+ turns.
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

Also I tried to play all the races but i find the visual interface for cardies, dom and kling difficult to "see"; too much style and color and overcrowded; i end up playing 50 rounds and then i quit and chose rom or fed; i read somewhere that you can easily switch between the graphical interfaces. Can someone please reply with a link on how to do that.

EDIT
wow; i got promoted; now i see why TC replies to every annoying post...

EDIT
Roger, roger sir! 8)
Last edited by adi on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

adi, i´ve edited your latest post, so to keep it simple, if you have more post to make in the same day, you can "edit" your previous post and add whatever you want :wink:

And it´s a well known fact TCs patience, and he will always will post answers to question that deservs it.

But keep in mind there´s a good tool, the "search" bar (in the upper-right section) that will show you any answer to almost any questions, always using a good "keyword" related to want you want to search.

Regards

Anjel
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

I agree with the colours being more difficult to see when playing dom/card/kling. I mostly play fed only because they are the easiest to see.

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”