new udm d version...

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

outerexodus
Ensign
Ensign

Re: new udm d version...

Post by outerexodus »

Just noticed playing UDMdc that the Utopia Planetia actually doesn't change build times of ships at all... Supposed to add 600 per turn when building ships, correct?
outerexodus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by outerexodus »

after looking it over it seems that the shipbuilding will not take affect at any value over 500. changed the Utopia Planetia value several times and it finally worked at 500.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

outerexodus wrote:Just noticed playing UDMdc that the Utopia Planetia actually doesn't change build times of ships at all... Supposed to add 600 per turn when building ships, correct?
correct and it does add 600 to ship building only (not any other build)
correct it does not change build query time but it does effect build times.
outerexodus wrote:after looking it over it seems that the shipbuilding will not take affect at any value over 500. changed the Utopia Planetia value several times and it finally worked at 500.
wrong it works on any value.

do this test change value to 10,000 then build a ship it will say 4 turns but build in 1 turn if build is under 10,000

thunderchero
outerexodus
Ensign
Ensign

Post by outerexodus »

thunderchero wrote:correct it does not change build query time but it does effect build times.
yup, noticed that, finally. thanks TC, didn't see that at first.
Predator
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Predator »

I have been playing UDM3"c" and just this weekend I "updated" to this "d" version and I noted that some minors bonuses have been changed from the previous version.

The Orions and Maquis have now "raiding" bonuses, but as far as I remember the raiding bonus wasn't working at all!

So please I would like to know if this issue have been solved? (if yes that's great news)

I made a quick research on the forum and I noted that on:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2317
(Extending Edifbnft.bst (new building types/bonuses)

There is a guide to hex editing on how to correct this (raiding) and also other bonuses, that is the correction implemented in this "d" mod?

I also wanna congratulate on the planet grafics in this mod they really look amazing. And also the starting conditions with more "basic" ships they speed up the begining of the game!

Thanks
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Predator wrote:I made a quick research on the forum and I noted that on:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2317
(Extending Edifbnft.bst (new building types/bonuses)

There is a guide to hex editing on how to correct this (raiding) and also other bonuses, that is the correction implemented in this "d" mod?
yes that was what was added

thunderchero
Predator
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Predator »

That's really great Thunderchero!

Another quick question.....I saw in that post that are others "corrections" regarding bonuses, and there are other bonus I'm very interested in: the % industry empire-wide,
% Shipbuilding and the % research (local). I open the botf.res with UE and saw that these still not there, do you know when they'll be corrected as well?

Thanks
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

I just reviewed that post quickly of the ones you posted I think only % research (local) is the only one SCT fixed (other than raiding) And since SCT absence I do not know if or when other will be possible.

note I think UE lists % research (local) as "8. % research"

thunderchero
Predator
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Predator »

Thanks a lot for the info Thunderchero!
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

I don't like starting with so many systems at the lower techs. I prefer the older udm where you started with 2 systems at t2, the tech I played the most. Also, the minors are much easier to member now.
gentle
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by gentle »

no way mickar, at the beginning i was thinking the same, just the first turn take longer, after that.. the game progress nice. and the minors dont have so much impact as in previous versions because they cannot go with tech above majors tech lvl. by the way... up for a game sometime? 8)
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

mickar wrote:I don't like starting with so many systems at the lower techs. I prefer the older udm where you started with 2 systems at t2, the tech I played the most. Also, the minors are much easier to member now.
most have gotten used to more starting system, but if you like I can create a trek.exe for you that has same starting systems as normal/small map version. But create a back up for Multiplayer games, but I doubt if there would be any conflicts since that code is only used on galaxy generation. Host would determine how many systems that would be placed.

As for membering minors no changes were made. So not sure what to say lol :wink:

thunderchero
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

That would be great if you can do that thunder. :D I like playing the larger map sizes but I prefer to make my own systems. As for the minors, I do notice a difference. Once you start trading with them, they seem to offer treaties much quicker than the older version. I agree that minor have less of an influence due to lower tech when membering.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

if anyone else is interested

here is link to replacement trek.exe for UDML

https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/lib/ ... s/trek.exe

in UDML folder I suggest you create 2 new folders named (original and modified) and copy the current trek.exe to original folder and download replacement trek.exe to modified folder.

this way you can easily swap them. Just copy the one you want to use into UDML folder.

enjoy
thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

I have been playing UDML on impossible level and I always get sabotaged a lot; the AI intel bonus must be very very high (or buggy). Even if i play the Romulans and I get 14K intel with 300% bonuses I rarely have a successfull sabotage against let's say Federation even though they only have just a few systems. Was that intended in the mood? Also could someone explain how the difficulty level affects intel bonus for AI.

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”