Thanks! & Help?

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

kirk1827
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Thanks! & Help?

Post by kirk1827 »

First I gotta say thanks to all persons who make this game and all it's mods patches, etc. possible.

I'm new to this community and it's mods but not to the game.

I am currently playing the Dominion mod (UDMIII_3.0.1c, but I'm about to install UDMIII_3.0.1db) but I have a few questions.

I noticed that sometimes, if I'm lucky, and I bribe a minor race to join me (the feds or terrans if you prefer) that I get to build their spaceships. This I did with the Breen for example. But then I bribed the Trill and I couldn't access their ships.

So I ask: To get minor races ships must I wait for them to advance enough, must I wait for them to have a shipyard, or is it random that I can or cannot build them.

Also: I conquered the Klingons but I can't construct their ships. Is it because I destroyed there shipyard or is it impossible to construct them because I'm a different empire?

And last for now: When I start on tech level 1, the game allows certain ships to be constructed. But as I go advancing tech levels, the ships change to more modern versions. I would like to know for example, if its possible for me to be able to have a Scout ship I AND a Scout ship II and a Scout ship III. I ask because I like to have alot of different ships and it gives the game a feel of advancing. I'd like to keep my Original Enterprise and not have it change to an Ambasador clase on its own. I like my old ships. :mrgreen:

Thanks again for the great game and I hope to hear back from you guys and gals.

Till the next time we meet.
Excuse me… Excuse me. I’d just like to ask a question… What does God need with a starship?
-James Kirk

Our gods are dead. Ancient Klingon warriors slew them a millenia ago. They were...more trouble than they were worth.
-Worf
xDx
Commander
Commander

Re: Thanks! & Help?

Post by xDx »

Welcome kirk1827,

OK so in answer to your questions:
To get minor races ships must I wait for them to advance enough, must I wait for them to have a shipyard, or is it random that I can or cannot build them.
You must wait until either the minor advances enough or you have researched the prerequisite techs to build their ships (check out the readme included with UDM to see a chart of stats for each ship.)
I conquered the Klingons but I can't construct their ships. Is it because I destroyed there shipyard or is it impossible to construct them because I'm a different empire?
You cannot build another major race's ships even after they are conquered. Also you cannot build another major race's special structures i.e. Klingon Defense Forces
I would like to know for example, if its possible for me to be able to have a Scout ship I AND a Scout ship II and a Scout ship III.
Every ship that has an available upgrade will auto upgrade when the tech levels are met but for a refitting type feel all old ships retain the old hull points and must be in orbit of one of your systems, an ally or affiliate, or starbase to "refit" back up to full strength.

As a side note in new UDM the AI builds alot of ships so be ready for them :wink:

Good luck
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." -- FDR
kirk1827
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: Thanks! & Help?

Post by kirk1827 »

xDx wrote:Welcome kirk1827,
As a side note in new UDM the AI builds alot of ships so be ready for them :wink:
Good luck
Thanks for the quick reply sir.

And thanks for the tip. Damn do they build ships; but the more they build, the more for me to steal. :D
Excuse me… Excuse me. I’d just like to ask a question… What does God need with a starship?
-James Kirk

Our gods are dead. Ancient Klingon warriors slew them a millenia ago. They were...more trouble than they were worth.
-Worf

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”