Questions about UDM

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Haspen
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Questions about UDM

Post by Haspen »

Dunno if there's a thread about this or not, but I haven't seen one during those two minutes spent on searching. Apologies if I'm blind :v

I have few questions about it, though:

1) I conquered Cardassian home system as Federation, and have tech 6 across the board, but I cannot build Protectorate HQ, even if tech database says 'Available'. Is it restricted to non-home systems?
2) After ships upgrade to the higher 'level', all of them go down to, like, 10%/15% of their HP. Why? Balance gimmick?
3) Gas giants, or lack of them. The only ones are at Sol and I doubt that galaxy is so devoid of gas clumps... // NEVERMIND, just noticed they have spawn ratio of 0.0 in the readme, derp.
4) Are minor races un-bribeable in UDM? I've been sending Ktarians ton of 2k gifts over last 80 turns and they keep refusing all and any request...

The mod version is 3.0.1dc as far as I can see.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Questions about UDM

Post by thunderchero »

Haspen wrote: 1) I conquered Cardassian home system as Federation, and have tech 6 across the board, but I cannot build Protectorate HQ, even if tech database says 'Available'. Is it restricted to non-home systems?
correct that is a conquered home world not a subjugated system so it is not buildable.
Haspen wrote:2) After ships upgrade to the higher 'level', all of them go down to, like, 10%/15% of their HP. Why? Balance gimmick?
this was intended to simulate upgrade process.
Haspen wrote:4) Are minor races un-bribeable in UDM? I've been sending Ktarians ton of 2k gifts over last 80 turns and they keep refusing all and any request...

this could be due to many factors, I have tested many times and with max gifts over back to back turns most minors will be enthusiastic with in 15 - 20 turn. but other majors giving gifts at same time may counter your gifts. If a minor is already a member of another major it is very tough to bribe them away, but not impossible. But there is a good chance to lose them back to original major.

thunderchero

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”