UDM d; about the overpowered AI intel on hard and impossible

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

adi
Commander
Commander

UDM d; about the overpowered AI intel on hard and impossible

Post by adi »

I find that it alters my gameplay; as soon as I meet Rom, Cards or the Dominion all my plans are shelved and I need to go conquer them until they have less than 5 systems. Development of colonies stops i am only cranking out warships and TTs and go hunting for their fleet first and then the boring conquest of one system after another. If I don't then i can expect lots of sabotages which are more annoying and frustrating than damaging. I will try and add some defense intel to the races, something that you can build in every system and gives you something like 3-5% security; like the klingons have. Does anyone feel the same way or am I just easily annoyed?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: UDM d; about the overpowered AI intel on hard and imposs

Post by thunderchero »

the key to protect from intel attacks.

colonize every system you find. don't even try to fully set them up or protect them, they are low level colonies just build/buy intel centers and buy upgrades. Just keep them with food. This will also greatly increase credit income.

next once you meet each race allocate 1% to espionage and sabotage for each race (your lowest internal security would be 92%). this may piss them off, but forces them to keep some of their intel allocated to internal security. instead on full attack.

attacks will not stop, but they will be less effective.

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

Yes that is pretty much what I do; sometimes if i don't get attacked much i slowly increase sabotage; and once i can build Subatomic Simulators i have pretty much no research work force; all I can spare goes to intel; same with the membered minor races; but as you said the attacks don't stop until i almost completely wipe them out.

I recently tried the 1024x748 patch but i found that sometimes it crashes on battles; small battles, large battles, it does not seem to matter. I am using software mode. Is that the status quo with the bigger resolution or is there something I can do to improve upon it. It bothers me mostly in the late game when i have to reload the saved game and wait for the turn before trying something different in the battle.
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

there is no way to uninstall a higher resolution patch, right?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

adi wrote: Is that the status quo
yes

thunderchero

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”