Miradorn ships not appearing

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Miradorn ships not appearing

Post by Dewbacca »

I have membered the Miradon some time back, and their ships were a scattering of Mk1 & Mk2 models, and I just dumped them into a fleet of aliens and sent them to battle to sort out for themselves what was what.

I noticed in several battles the other ships, but never saw the Miradorn ships themselves... assumed they were tiny and proceeded with missions. Ships were showing in all screens for fleet arrangement and build screens.

Recently I decided to dedicate 9 ships of each minor to their own fleet and segregated the survivors and built additional ships to complete the wings... and when the Miradorn were complete I set them to intercept in a low traffic area and didn't think about them again... until just now.

They intercepted a Cloaked Klingon scout and he ran, but left me with empty space to review. There are no ships where the Miradorn squadron just routed a spy. Very odd... I seriously doubt I have modded the files on UDM. I did update to the latest release when it came out... and I have modded some other mods that ARE installed...

So some specs:
Win 7 Inpiron laptop
UDM 3.0.1d
with Flocke's MPR++ addition

Still a smooth game and far superior to the Vanilla, imho.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Miradorn ships not appearing

Post by thunderchero »

this is an MPR++ error, good catch. It is hard to believe no one has noticed before now. it was a simple grammar error M -> m

replace
"installpath"\UDM\mpr++\data\mappings\HobMappings.xml
"installpath"\UDML\mpr++\data\mappings\HobMappings.xml

with attachment below
HobMappings.xml
(6.68 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
let me know if it fixes problem. (I have not checked myself)

thunderchero
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dewbacca »

File replaced, will report back next intercept.

*Edit
Outstanding looking ships, as I suspected and the repair works just fine.

Thank you sir!
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

thunderchero wrote:this is an MPR++ error, good catch. It is hard to believe no one has noticed before now. it was a simple grammar error M -> m
Well, not everyone has Dewbacca's dedication to build a museum of minors ships;
Anyway, nice catch!
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dewbacca »

Agreed... Dewy don't even have it most of the time.

Part of the inspiration this particular time was interest in that particular model and having not seen in in previous combat screens. There was another Mod I played that had that same model sans the stripe on the wing it seemed and I wanted a closer look.
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dewbacca »

Same settings different game.

The Ktarians have joined me at Tech 1 on turn 115. That in itself seems odd from what I understand about minor tech advancement, but first the typo.

The production screen says I have 2 Type 1 "Indurstrial" Centers... build screen has the correct spelling.

Back to the Tech and facilities on Ktaria, they have 2 Type 1 Hydroponic Farms, 2 Industrial Centers as previously noted, 2 Type 1 Fusion Plants, and 3 Type 1 Research centers. Seems like their "internal tech progression" would have still put them 4th level or higher after liberation.

Does Conquering a minor restrict it's tech advancement unlike membering them does? Either way I guess the Dom AI did nothing with the place the near 100 turns they kept them subjected.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Dewbacca wrote:Does Conquering a minor restrict it's tech advancement unlike membering them does?

In short, yes.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Dewbacca wrote:but first the typo.
The production screen says I have 2 Type 1 "Indurstrial" Centers... build screen has the correct spelling.
I will try to remember typo if it gets updated again.

thunderchero
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dewbacca »

Yeah, that's all that was... a tiny freckle on your Mona Lisa here. Not even worth mentioning except this Mod is that close to perfect!

For anyone wanting to take issue with it, upgrade your indurstrial centers ASAP to something spelled correctly like I did.

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”