UDM III - build minor race ships

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Wraith
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

UDM III - build minor race ships

Post by Wraith »

Is there a way to keep building a minor race ships after they have become a member?

I was playing as the Dominion and the Breen become my members and I really wanted to keep producing their ships
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

nope, not unless you do it manully with UE after they are members.

thunderchero
pennyandrusty
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by pennyandrusty »

thunderchero wrote:nope, not unless you do it manully with UE after they are members.

thunderchero
Really, you can do that with Ultimte Editor?? I've never tried that before... I've got to give it a whirl.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

On a side note to this, Would i be right in assuming that there's a piece of code somewhere that determines how many ships a minor race is allowed to build that is independant of industry and running costs associated with the ship in question for each race?

i'm guessing that this value changes depending on the tech level of the minor race.

I ask this because i've tried to encourage the minor races to build more ships, and even by reducing the tech requirements to 1 as well as reducing industry and running costs to someting ridiculous, with no discerable effect.

The most i've ever seen a minor race build is 12 (Son'a tech nine)
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Doesn't the amount of ships a minor race builds depend on their level of research?

How can I get a minor race to build more ships with UE? Normally, I would use savegame editor to change the types of ships I have but this isn't practical.
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

You can't. You can use the savegame editor as you said. Or you can extract the needed files from UE and try to hex edit them. Or you can just add the ship to your race - but this will break the saved game.

There is no easy way to do this atm.
SpiN
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by SpiN »

You could make a minor ship a "special ship", i.e you need a special building to make them (like utopia planitia) and make that building the minor special structure, then once you have it build you would be able to construct this minor race ship
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

Unfortunately, the designation of "Builds Special Ships", applies to all. So if you have a Utopia Planita on Sol, you will be able to build the minor ship not only before you meet them, but also if they are not even in your game.

Another down saide of this is that they will stop building their ships, as
1. They never build their special structure unless you use UE to modify their starting condition.
2. They are in your tech tree and not theirs.

The only way to do this in a "cannon way, is to either replace one of your ships with theirs, (or add another if DCRE and thunder have sorted the monster issue). You will then have to practice restraint in not building them except on their home system. If you do this, you will need to position it in your shiplist below a corresponding ship type (e.g. cruiser, scout) with the same tech requirments. This will stop the AI from building them from the start.

The easiest method though, is to build a fleet of scouts on say Vulcan, then saving the game twice, (one as backup) and using an editor to change your scouts to Vulcan ships. If you use scouts, your new Vulcan ships will only have a fraction of their hit points, so you could keep them in orbit until they have repaired.
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”