Dominion Wars - Add on for UDMIII3.0.0

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

KrazeeXXL wrote:I allways wondered how they were able to get the Defiant for BotF in fact that they "only" had the TNG licence available for this game.
from what I understood they got defiant from "first contact" "the next generation movie" :wink:

thunderchero
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

one reason more to me to love this movie ;)
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Hi everyone, and thanks for the interest once again.
Since I got a few PMs lately asking whats up with the "add on" and why its not working with the latest UDMIII, I will add a few quick statements and information here.

a.) The "add on" is likely not compatible anymore with UDM3.0.0a_b and later versions. If by any means the saves work, keep in mind, that only the Romulans can be played!!! All other Empires are AI controlled and the AI won't let you play the game accordingly and the Romulans will simply do nothing if you do not play them(No AI).

b.) With Thunders help, we are now able to make all races available from a single map, so expect Full playability in the next version.

c.) Ad "next version". This won't be before the next UDMIII version is released. The intent is that the Dominion Wars scenario saves will be included in this UDMIII release. So be patient. Since there are some changes in UDMIII, I will make use of the even bigger map 52x39 and more starsystems (around 500) to make the canon map even more realistic and challenging. Furthermore, my final goal is, to produce a evolved canon map, which we will produce in a MP session, where the respective empires will be developed to their borders before the conflict. This includes details like the Neutral Zones, the DMZ and a certain Terok Nor station, that will be either in Federation or Dominion hands, well armed and fortified. Aswell the Alliances will be set accordingly:
Dominion/Cardassia with Breen affiliates
vs.
Federation/Klingon
The Romulans will be a wild card.

d.) Should those old saves work with UDM3.0.0a_b, I will gladly reproduce those files, so that all empires can be played. But either way, this map won't be used in any future releases.

So you see, there is still a lot to do. But since all the major problems have been solved with all the help I had, it will be clearly worth the wait.

Cheers

Mentat
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
FATIGUES
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re- Mentat

Post by FATIGUES »

Im very curious as to what the finnished product of this mod will entail and if you would be so kind as to provide me with a link once its complete it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.
FATIGUES
Duty, Honor, and Dedication
"Give'em Hell..."
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Fatigues, you will find the information in this thread and in the UDM3 main thread. This is not a mod, only an add on to Thundercheros UDM3. I will keep you all posted.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

cuz the defiant was mentioned/seen in First Contact, Sovereign also.

Hm have you found out how to make AI use wormholes?

Will there be multiplayer options? Maybe a save where dominion have conquered card and fed/kling in an alliance? with dom v fed/kling as the scenario, with romulan as a neutral (to begin with :O ) heh?
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Hi Dissy!

Well there is only two ways how the AI "uses" Wormholes so far.
a.) It flies through and discovers nothing
b.) It flies through and discovers another empire (higly likely in the scenario)

Var b.) allows war, warpacts, affiliation, alliance. So pretty anything we want.

So one has to ensure that another Empire is discovered on use of the wormhole. It is all fine if the AI goes the peaceful way -> affilation etc.
In case of a war, ... we still got the problem that the AI won't build an outpost/base on the other side of the wormhole to expand from there.

For case a.) and b.) with instant war; there will be a connection via normal space(lets call it breenspace) with the other empires.

As for other variants for SP or MP, I will gladly hear other ideas. I am sure this can evolve nicely.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
naturalmwa
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Re: Dominion Wars - Add on for UDMIII3.0.0

Post by naturalmwa »

Does this work with the most recent UDMIII3.0.1ddb? Thanks in advance.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

naturalmwa wrote:Does this work with the most recent UDMIII3.0.1ddb? Thanks in advance.
not tested it myself. but even running on UDMIII3.0.0 it had errors.

thunderchero
Peelster1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Peelster1 »

It doesn't seem to work with 3.0.1ddb. At least for me it doesn't. I'm using Windows 8.1 x64. With the 1.02 BotF multi installer download and dgVoodoo2_45 files to stabilize BotF. That's it, I haven't installed Hades or Joker's patch because I haven't read up on them yet and the game seems to work fine without them anyway other than the occasional crash to desktop, but that's fine with plenty of saving and autosave being on.

Where could I get a download link for UDM 3.0.0? I've tried this with 3.0.1ddb, after importing the files using UE's current version; (Although the readme says use UE 0.6.9c, though I'm not sure if that exact version is needed, it was simply the latest version at the time.) UDM 3.0.1ddb seems to work just fine provided that I have added the dgVoodoo2_45 files. (Otherwise only the large galaxy version .exe will load be able to load. For some reason without those files the normal sized galaxy .exe will not load at all, but the large version will.) Once I import the files for this add-on and try to load any game. (Save file or new game.) It crashes upon failure to load.

If there is no longer a link anywhere to UDM 3.0.0, what advice do you have to make this work?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Peelster1 wrote:It doesn't seem to work with 3.0.1ddb.
correct there has been too many changes since version 3.0.1c.

thunderchero
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Peelster1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Peelster1 »

Alright, thanks. After running the installer, I'm getting a runtime error on launch from Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. It states that "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Peelster1 wrote:After running the installer, I'm getting a runtime error on launch from Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. It states that "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way."
Installer has been replaced with correct version that has Dominion Wars scenario saves. it has been tested and installs and runs properly.
note you should always run trek.exe as administrator.

You must uninstall your current installed version of UDM before running this full installer.

do not use the beta saves from first post. The saves in "install path/botf/UDML/Dominion Wars scenario saves" folder are the final release files. (these were only released as part of full udm installer)

thunderchero
Peelster1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Peelster1 »

Thanks you very much! It is working. I've been wanting to try this out for years now. The only thing really preventing me was procrastination. Interesting thing is the normal sized galaxy version won't even load without the the dgVoodoo2_45 files, but the large sized galaxy will (with some mouse lag of course). Currently, with the only addition to the installer being the dgVoodoo2_45 files, everything works except I cannot load any Dominion games with the large galaxy version, (normal galaxy version works fine) it just crashes to desktop upon attempting to load the main interface.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Peelster1 wrote:Thanks you very much! It is working.
are you sure, from the rest of your message it sounds like nothing is working....
Peelster1 wrote:Currently, with the only addition to the installer being the dgVoodoo2_45 files,
what operating system are you using? if windows 7 you do not need the dgVoodoo files.
Peelster1 wrote:everything works except I cannot load any Dominion games with the large galaxy version, (normal galaxy version works fine) it just crashes to desktop upon attempting to load the main interface.
are you trying to load the dominion saves on normal version of UDM?

thunderchero

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”