Two Bugs of the "Trade Routes" Bonus Type

Two Bugs of the "Trade Routes" Bonus Type; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Gowron
Code Master
Code Master

Two Bugs of the "Trade Routes" Bonus Type

Post by Gowron »

First of all, I want to make clear that this topic is about buildings with the the "+X Trade Routes" output type (e.g. vanilla Franchise Office), not those with the "income on trade route" output type (e.g. vanillla Tower of Commerce).

1. These buildings are powered by default, but if they're disconnected, the additional trade routes will still remain, unless the resp. building is scrapped or destroyed.

2. If the energy maintenance for such a building is set to zero, then the building will not work correctly (too few trade routes) if it is already there at the start of the game. It will work correctly if it's built during the game.
A discovery consists in seeing something everybody has seen and at the same time thinking something nobody has thought yet.
The_Nighthawk
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by The_Nighthawk »

It sounds like the best option then is to make the structures a low power, high expense building for the major powers (or to remove the option from them totally), and can set it to zero power for minors where you HAVE to build the special structure.
Playing BoP whenever the wife allows!
Gowron
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Gowron »

The_Nighthawk wrote:It sounds like the best option then is to make the structures a low power, high expense building
Yep, that's what I've done (originally intended to set the maintenance to zero, until I stumbled across that 2nd bug).
The_Nighthawk wrote:and can set it to zero power for minors where you HAVE to build the special structure.
You're right, that's a good point. I've set the energy maintenance for the Acamarian Clan Hall to zero again, thank you very much :)
A discovery consists in seeing something everybody has seen and at the same time thinking something nobody has thought yet.
The_Nighthawk
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by The_Nighthawk »

You're welcome. :)

Of course now we'll uncover a bug where you capture the system and crash the game because of the 0 power trade routes. ;)
Playing BoP whenever the wife allows!
EnPhreg
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Two Bugs of the

Post by EnPhreg »

if somebody only want to prevent the exploit, the buildings don't have to be set to zero energy maint., because the player need to power them to get the moral bonus anyway (with 'Disabled Buildings - Extra Morale Fix' installed).

Return to “Two Bugs of the "Trade Routes" Bonus Type”