\\\-- Balance of Power (v1.2c released)--///

Balance of Power Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Yep, it's a bug of the turns remaining X display. It doesn't consider the impact of the building output type "Shipbuilding".
Gowron wrote:I'm gonna make sure there won't be enough revenue to make scrapping an economic key factor ;)
Well that's fair enough :)
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
zerocold
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by zerocold »

Dont know if was said before, but the money input per planet is way too high , i dont know what to do with 85000 credits :D...and that rushing constantly ship construction (which is a hell clicking and clicking constantly)

Beam weapon damage should be reduced...a bit overpowered (maybe is just me)

Hope in future versions the "click fest" that has plaged BoTF will be reduced even further, i think the game should be focus on fleets and increase the influence area with starbases (lovely addition, jumping to bases instead outposts)

Other than that, this is a great mod, i like the addition of cloaking ships to the klingons, love to see how the empire just cheer up when im attacking or declaring wars :)

Some questions, how you guys can control ships in battle i always , always try to use fast ships flanking the enemy, (with circle command) but the often show their butts to the target (a deadly mistake!), so how you command your ships? and how you can control the Z axis?

Dont know if this is possible, but klingons should get the cloaking abilities after some research was done, expecting cloaking abilities in the 50-70 turn, or that should be gradual , for example at energy 2, propulsion 2, BoP cloaking device, at energy 4, propulsion 4, battleship one.. and so one, just a idea :)

Regards
Gowron
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Gowron »

Version 1.1a has been completed and uploaded :)

This is kind of a "silent" update; at first glance, it's almost the same as before, but off the stage, things have changed ;)

Most importantly, scrapping ships will no longer be the most effective way of gaining money, and the scrapping revenue for buildings and ships is now the same. The credits/industry ration for scrapping has been set to 1/16, so a ship worth 4000 credits can be scrapped for no more than 250 credits. With a ration of 9/128, trade goods are a bit more effective than building and scrapping.

Thus, credits and industry "units" are no longer equivalent, and this made it possible to bring factory outputs a little closer to vanilla level: They generate roughly 50% more industry "units" than in version 1.1 (fully upgraded); all building/ship prices have been increased accordingly.

The Shield Generator made its comeback (replacing the Warp Coil Replicator), and it's much stronger than before, but can only be built in major empire home systems. Klingons cannot build it; they still have their Hall of Warriors, which makes it difficult enough to capture their systems. And even in times of prolonged peace, it can be wise to build that Shield Generator, since it gives +1 morale on top of its protective function.

Colonizing has been reported to be dangerously strong in MP, so it has been weakened: First, colony ships are now 3 times more expensive than before (all other ships have only become 50% more expensive). Terraforming costs and CS production rates have both been increased, with the cost increase being a little stronger. This also means that TTs will no longer be more effective at terraforming than CSs.

To widen the gap between new colonies and upgraded systems, there are now 5 factory upgrade levels instead of 3, with a considerable difference between the lowest and highest one. Normally, this would mean a big slowdown at tech 1 (since factories are so weak at that level). To avoid that, all major empire home systems start with level 2 factories at the lowest starting level. These level 2 factories still cannot be built in any colony until construction 2 has been researched, but additional ones can be constructed at the home system (again, this makes colonizing a bit less strong at tech 1).

The number of farms and factories in new colonies has also been reduced, and colonies of the Federation and the Ferengi no longer start at pop 20.

Raiding has been another issue that has been dealt with; raiding percentages will hardly exceed 100% from now on.

Another big code change, gifts to minor races can now be chosen between 2000 and 4000 credits. The meaning of this change is that it increases the "standard gift" from AI players to minor races from 500 to 1750 credits per turn :)

Since all of these changes semm to be a bit "technical", there's also a new toy to play with: every empire receives a new high-end troop transport! Time to conquer something ;)
A discovery consists in seeing something everybody has seen and at the same time thinking something nobody has thought yet.
SpiN
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by SpiN »

wooouu! i'm going to download it asap! Thank u Gowron!
Gowron
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Gowron »

The English v1.1a version was missing some of the stbof.res files.
I've re-uploaded it, and it should be all right now.

If you downloaded the English version, please download it again (if you already installed it, you can install the corrected version over it).

Sorry for the inconvenience.
A discovery consists in seeing something everybody has seen and at the same time thinking something nobody has thought yet.
Weirdness
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Weirdness »

Thanks for the update!

Will it be availabe later for Thundercho's multipack with the option of having the Hades3D patch?

Tried using the update and the full and neither seem compatible for Thundercho's multipack.
Say no to drugs... Narcotics are better!!!
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Weirdness wrote:Thanks for the update!

Will it be availabe later for Thundercho's multipack with the option of having the Hades3D patch?

Tried using the update and the full and neither seem compatible for Thundercho's multipack.
Already done :wink: But may be a couple weeks til download section is updated.

thunderchero
corebreach
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by corebreach »

Thanks for the update!

I tried a game as klingon.
Unfortunately, I was'nt able to build energie structures (matter furnaces) in colonies.
According to the research section, the matter furnace is "availible".
It does, however, not appear in the build list.

Maybe this was done intentionally in order to weaken colonizing.
If so, I would like to say that, in my opinion, its not a very good idea.

Corebreach
Gowron
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Gowron »

That's definitely not intended.
Must be a corrupted racetech file.

I've now re-updated racetech.tec, succesfully tested it and re-uploaded it all again. So it really has to work now. Please re-download v1.1a, and again sorry for the inconvenience.
(a real lot of "re"s in that sentence ^^)
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

does this effect english and german? replacement installers will be posted later tonight.

thunderchero
Gowron
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Gowron »

thunderchero wrote:does this effect english and german?
Yep, it seems so. I've replaced recetech.tec in all English and German .zip archives.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Replacements files for multi installer have been uploaded. 12-31-08 2:00pm central

You can find them here;
Multi Installer Project

thunderchero
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Awesome! 8)

Quick question, though: Do I need to download the full v1.1a EN.zip if I already had the previous version, or do I just download the v1.1a Update?

EDIT: Also, is there a version with the self-installer available yet? I never can get them to install properly otherwise.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Gowron
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Gowron »

Martok wrote: Do I need to download the full v1.1a EN.zip if I already had the previous version, or do I just download the v1.1a Update?
If you already have version 1.1, then you only need the update :)
kingy
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by kingy »

Plz Plz, great mod first, thanks for the update

this lot's is for the update

this will be a bug report or just Q's, that a Answer, would be nice :)

first off, gifts to minors, 1000 is not showing now, so it starts on 2000 now and is going up in 500's, odd but why has this changed, as just doing it in 1000's, was a better clean way of doing gifts

on t1 games homesystems start with type 2 rep's, even though u dont have the tech for it,

and ive been meaning to ask this, why is there no update's for food and energy,as just one update would be a big help as about the t5's techs you start getting pull under by your energy cost, till u get that building (forgot its name) that gives u 300 energy

Return to “Balance of Power Mod”