Starting a New "All The Ages" Module

All The Ages Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

mrspork
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Starting a New "All The Ages" Module

Post by mrspork »

Ah, come'on bambi, don't get your fuzzy ears in a twist! LOL!

Look, these mods are all starting to look the same. Lets shake it up a bit ok?

One more thing, lets make the fedz ships different when it comes to the 600 shield pts / 10 phasers / 10 bajillion torpedo launchers.....might as well skip all of them except for the flagship.
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

mrspork wrote:Ah, come'on bambi, don't get your fuzzy ears in a twist! LOL!

One more thing, lets make the fedz ships different when it comes to the 600 shield pts / 10 phasers / 10 bajillion torpedo launchers.....might as well skip all of them except for the flagship.
In case you didn't get the reference, the Jupiter 2 was the ship from "Lost in Space". That's why I was suggesting the USS Jupiter 2 got lost and went to the wrong system for the battle.

It's going to be a while before I get to ship stats anyway. I'm still trying to get ships added while staying under the 127 palettes the game allows.
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

Well here's my first listing of ships. So far my line of thinking is that the Vulcans, Andorians, and Xindi (added race) are going to have multiple ship types. The Vulcans will have a heavy cruiser, light cruiser, and a destroyer. The Andorians will have a destroyer and cruiser, and the Xindi will have an Insectoid destroyer and an Aquatic Cruiser. After that I'm adding the Tholians with a destroyer and Gorn with a cruiser. The Tellerites and Yridians will have a fast scout type vessels, the Bajorans will have a destroyer, and both the Tamarians and the Talarians will have a cruiser type.

Since I'm fighting to stay under the 127 palettes, the Selay, Anticans, Acamarians, Sheliak, Zakdorn, Ktarians, Nausicaans, and Angosians may either be removed as spacefarers or they'll all use ships "purchased" from other races. I might do that with the Yridians and Tellerites too, but they will stay spacefaring.

So far for the majors, I have 26 Cardassian types and 34 Federation types. I may have to pare them down some though.
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

When you get to ships stats there is a tool that lets you generate or set the values in excel and then import them to stbof.res.
When overhauling the ship list took me 2-3 days a few hours a day doing it in UE by hand; with this tool is 10 minutes. And you can filter the ship list by race or ship type to easily compare the stats.
The tool also supports Dreadnoughts (when generating stats, these ships get better).
Here is the link:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2710&p=37706&sid=52 ... aac#p37706
mrspork
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mrspork »

brianmcfa wrote:
mrspork wrote:Ah, come'on bambi, don't get your fuzzy ears in a twist! LOL!

In case you didn't get the reference, the Jupiter 2 was the ship from "Lost in Space". That's why I was suggesting the USS Jupiter 2 got lost and went to the wrong system for the battle.

It's going to be a while before I get to ship stats anyway. I'm still trying to get ships added while staying under the 127 palettes the game allows.

OK bambi, I hear ya, how bout we add that goof ball turd ship that wants to save the whales from the star trek movie. How's that for a reference? LOL!
mrspork
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mrspork »

brianmcfa wrote:Well here's my first listing of ships. So far my line of thinking is that the Vulcans, Andorians, and Xindi (added race) are going to have multiple ship types. The Vulcans will have a heavy cruiser, light cruiser, and a destroyer. The Andorians will have a destroyer and cruiser, and the Xindi will have an Insectoid destroyer and an Aquatic Cruiser. After that I'm adding the Tholians with a destroyer and Gorn with a cruiser. The Tellerites and Yridians will have a fast scout type vessels, the Bajorans will have a destroyer, and both the Tamarians and the Talarians will have a cruiser type.

Since I'm fighting to stay under the 127 palettes, the Selay, Anticans, Acamarians, Sheliak, Zakdorn, Ktarians, Nausicaans, and Angosians may either be removed as spacefarers or they'll all use ships "purchased" from other races. I might do that with the Yridians and Tellerites too, but they will stay spacefaring.

So far for the majors, I have 26 Cardassian types and 34 Federation types. I may have to pare them down some though.

Ok bambi, take a deep breath, we can get through this. Just think fedz, and how awesome your going to make them. Become one with the Schwartz.

Fedz have 10 bajillion torpedo launchers and everyone else has 1 pt for shields.

Borg has 10 bajillion pts for shields but always run when they see the fedz.

Fedz has awesome cutscenes for each ship built.

All cloaking ships must decloak and let the fedz fire first.

Yeah, that should do it for now. You can do it bambi!....but first we gotta talk lasek surgery for those eyes of yours. LOL!
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

adi wrote:When you get to ships stats there is a tool that lets you generate or set the values in excel and then import them to stbof.res.
When overhauling the ship list took me 2-3 days a few hours a day doing it in UE by hand; with this tool is 10 minutes. And you can filter the ship list by race or ship type to easily compare the stats.
The tool also supports Dreadnoughts (when generating stats, these ships get better).
Here is the link:
That ought to be helpful, thanks.
mrspork
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mrspork »

brianmcfa wrote:
adi wrote:When you get to ships stats there is a tool that lets you generate or set the values in excel and then import them to stbof.res.
Here is the link:
That ought to be helpful, thanks.

For crying out loud is that all this modding community has come to? Tweaking the ship stats and filtering the ship list.

Ok, look guys, I know I've been B.S.ing and poking bambi for fun but lets not get all obsessive compulsive disorder up in here.

I really think the whole changing the ships stuff has been played out.

Ok, I understand, its a old game and there's not a whole lot that can be done with it....and I want to say that everyone has done a good job with this old girl so far but....

We need some "out-of-the-box" thinking here!

There's only one thing that can fix this....

THE TURD SHIP! Yes my fellow federation citizens....only the turd ship can save the whales and this poor game is one stinking pile of whale _______ ( insert pun here )

With thundercheerios cornsyrup magic and bambi's wide eye ,reluctant ,pessimistic, engineering skillz that would make scotty beg for a warp core breach to end it all....we could cook up something special here.

:mrgreen:
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

mrspork wrote:We need some "out-of-the-box" thinking here!
Why don't you create a mod and start creating ships?

thunderchero
mrspork
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mrspork »

thunderchero wrote:

thunderchero

oooook....look thundercheerios, we all know your the grand nagus around here so just lower your shields and point those 10 bajillion torpedo launchers at the Klingons.

Hey guys, really just relax, I'm only having alittle fun with you. You guys are doing a great job and I'll give ya props where its due but tweaking the numbers is just something a ferengi would do.

Lets focus on the gameplay more instead of the ships.

Its a big galaxy out there....lets make it more dangerous instead of a bunch of alien races that do nothing and cost a fortune to buy into membership. Yeah, yeah, big deal they have a few ships and their so called special building stat isn't worth the credits to buy a troopship to fool with.

I want some freak'n scary shat out there to shoot my 10 bajillion torpedo's at.

I'm talking planet killers / borg / crystalline entity / the death star ( hey why not? LOL! ) / etc.

But the most important thing is THE TURD SHIP! ( or whale probe according to mr. cheerios )....and skin that thing with corn in it!

Alright, does everyone get what im saying or do I need to run it through the universal translator? :wink:
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

mrspork wrote:
thunderchero wrote:

thunderchero

oooook....look thundercheerios, we all know your the grand nagus around here so just lower your shields and point those 10 bajillion torpedo launchers at the Klingons.

Hey guys, really just relax, I'm only having alittle fun with you. You guys are doing a great job and I'll give ya props where its due but tweaking the numbers is just something a ferengi would do.

Lets focus on the gameplay more instead of the ships.

Its a big galaxy out there....lets make it more dangerous instead of a bunch of alien races that do nothing and cost a fortune to buy into membership. Yeah, yeah, big deal they have a few ships and their so called special building stat isn't worth the credits to buy a troopship to fool with.

I want some freak'n scary shat out there to shoot my 10 bajillion torpedo's at.

I'm talking planet killers / borg / crystalline entity / the death star ( hey why not? LOL! ) / etc.

But the most important thing is THE TURD SHIP! ( or whale probe according to mr. cheerios )....and skin that thing with corn in it!

Alright, does everyone get what im saying or do I need to run it through the universal translator? :wink:
Are you wanting more of a Star Trek: Armada style game?
mrspork
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mrspork »

Hey bambi, listen to me, I need you to dig into the code and tell this game to drop some serious boss enemies into the map....and I don't mean 200 turns from now, on hard setting.

Make it a check box in the options or something for all those that just want a normal game.

Yeah, while your at it, give me a armada to start with at turn 1 so I can get my wolf 359 on!

Hey bambi, I got respect for ya, no hard feelings on the jabs ok? Its just my style bro.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

unless brianmcfa (welcome back btw dude) is an experienced programmer and assembler coder, I'd rather forget about that for now. :)
mrspork
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mrspork »

Flocke wrote:unless brianmcfa (welcome back btw dude) is an experienced programmer and assembler coder, I'd rather forget about that for now. :)

Hey flak, don't step on my dreams bro. I'm gunna start calling you GUL-DE-FLAK with that cardassian attitude you got. :wink:
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

mrspork wrote:
Flocke wrote:unless brianmcfa (welcome back btw dude) is an experienced programmer and assembler coder, I'd rather forget about that for now. :)

Hey flak, don't step on my dreams bro. I'm gunna start calling you GUL-DE-FLAK with that cardassian attitude you got. :wink:
Although I do have some experience in programming, that experience is a few decades old. For this, I'm going to have to rely on the work of others. Even in ship models, I have neither the software or the experience to get it done in a timely manner.

Return to “All The Ages Mod”