Starting a New "All The Ages" Module

All The Ages Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Starting a New "All The Ages" Module

Post by brianmcfa »

Well I have taken the leap. With the permission of Stardust, I am beginning a new version of the All The Ages module. I'm starting out with the Vanilla 1.0.2 and then using the data from the All The Ages version J and moving it across. You'll see many of the same structures and the galaxy generation will be the same as the larger of the two AAM versions. I've also used some of the other updates that users have made, such as updating to 20 techs. I have added almost all the add-ons from the patcher as well.

So far, I haven't switched out any of the races but since I had asked about the best and worst of the original races, those may be the ones I modify or replace. Some that I may add would be the Denobulans, Gorn, Tholians, and Tellerites. Other suggestions are welcome but I'm looking to add races that had multiple appearances or had a major influence in the Star Trek universe.

Adding ship graphics is going to be the area in which I will likely need help. In toying around with the game previously, I know there are a lack of early non-Federation vessels. I will also be searching out a lot of the people that have already added ships for permission to use them. I may also need help with reducing palates or reskinning the existing vessels. I know I read in another forum about the Ferengi buying other race's ships and using them in the fleet so a reskinned "obsolete" ship of another race may find its way into the Ferengi line up.

I will give updates here whenever I start something new. Right now I'm going through and renaming all the technology levels to get them all up to 20 techs. Nothing fancy there, just giving each original tech and "Advanced" tech of the same type, i.e. Positronics is one level and the next is Advanced Positronics. I'll probably go through the buildings next and correct them to the right technology.

Like I said earlier, any suggestions are welcome but if you suggest them, I may ask you to tell me how to implement them.
mrspork
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Starting a New "All The Ages" Module

Post by mrspork »

I have a suggestion....

I would like to see only flag ships and tactical ships have more than 4 torpedo launchers. Some of the battles ive been in have way too many torpedoes flying around.

Besides, I don't remember any ships from the series firing more than 2-4 torpedoes at once.

I also want that auto upgrade tech mod that makes any new colonies fully up to date without the awful 1-9 building upgrade grind!!!

Also, lets up the exp on the training so it doesn't take 50 turns to get some capable commanders that don't spam torpedoes without aiming first. LOL!

Ok, that should do it.....make it so number one!
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

mrspork wrote:I have a suggestion....

I would like to see only flag ships and tactical ships have more than 4 torpedo launchers. Some of the battles ive been in have way too many torpedoes flying around.

Besides, I don't remember any ships from the series firing more than 2-4 torpedoes at once.

I also want that auto upgrade tech mod that makes any new colonies fully up to date without the awful 1-9 building upgrade grind!!!

Also, lets up the exp on the training so it doesn't take 50 turns to get some capable commanders that don't spam torpedoes without aiming first. LOL!

Ok, that should do it.....make it so number one!
The ships are going to be different, I'll probably put up the list later. There will be some "Missile Cruisers" like FASA's Andor class but those will be the exception. (Anyone have an Andor Class ship graphic made up I can add in?) I played FASA's tactical combat simulator a lot years ago so I'm familiar with that. I don't know how it'll come across in the game but there's only one way to find out. I'm doing my best to use ships that are in Memory Beta.

As for the training, I was thinking that about 16 turns might be about right to get a crew out of the "Green" level at the maximum. Some would be a little faster. Andorian's War College would certainly be adjusted.
mrspork
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mrspork »

Hey brianmcfa,

That sounds great.

Got a special request....this is going to sound really fanboy....

I want you to put in a special flag ship build for the feds. I want the enterprise...totally maxed out and badass.

But that's not all.....

II want a freak'n cutscene that plays with the enterprise coming outta dock and theme music....just rip it from the movie!

Yeah!, now were talk'n, fedz rule you cloaking wussies! LOL!!!
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

mrspork wrote:Hey brianmcfa,

That sounds great.

Got a special request....this is going to sound really fanboy....

I want you to put in a special flag ship build for the feds. I want the enterprise...totally maxed out and badass.

But that's not all.....

II want a freak'n cutscene that plays with the enterprise coming outta dock and theme music....just rip it from the movie!

Yeah!, now were talk'n, fedz rule you cloaking wussies! LOL!!!

Well if you notice the last line of my first post, this is where it comes in. I would have no idea how to do that. I think maybe the easiest way would be to build a Constitution Refit, minimize the game, go to Youtube and find the scene, play it, then return to the game. That's the best I can do I think. :lol:
mrspork
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mrspork »

Hey brianmcfa,

When I read your post my eyes got as big as your avatar! LOL!

If somebody doesn't fix that building tech level grind on new colonies then I think I'll take your advice and just watch youtube ship battles. At least I wont have a epileptic seizure from all the torpedoes flying around. LOL!
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

If somebody doesn't fix that building tech level grind on new colonies then I think I'll take your advice and just watch youtube ship battles. At least I wont have a epileptic seizure from all the torpedoes flying around. LOL!
The building tech grind is fixed; New mods like UCW2.0 and UDM5 have the main buildings upgrade automatically once the tech level is reached.
If you still want to play your mod and not those, there is an intermediate way to almost accomplish that: use UE to set the main buildings cost the same for all levels; then the upgrade cost is 0 and the upgrade takes 1 turn.
Here is a link to that: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2568
mrspork
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mrspork »

Hey adi,

Thanks for the info.

Like our wide eyed deer friend I'm no good at changing things so the UE is out of the question. I'll have a look at the other mods. Seems like every mod I try it craps out back to desktop after 100--150 turns.

Hey brianmcfa,

Who said anything about the enterprise Constitution Refit....I'm talking the one from the enterprise tv show....full of Vulcans like t'pol....during pon farr....yeah that would make for a interesting new tv series. LOL!
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

mrspork wrote: Like our wide eyed deer friend I'm no good at changing things so the UE is out of the question.
I know it might seem complicated, but UE is really easy. Just give it a try.
mrspork wrote: Seems like every mod I try it craps out back to desktop after 100--150 turns.
I have been playing UDM3.0.1dc for the past year; no such problems. And you can have this mod with MPR++ with crisp graphics.

Any way, if you are planning to make any changes, UE and botf_patcher are the tools to use.
mrspork
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mrspork »

Hey adi,

Hate to tell ya but UDM3.0.1dc craped out on me after around 200 turns....same thing happens with all the ages mod.

Always happens in a battle with a lot of ships. I load it back up and try again on the battle and poof!

If I chose the auto battle then everything is smooth.

It seems to hard lock on one system....all other system battles go ok.
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

adi wrote:

The building tech grind is fixed; New mods like UCW2.0 and UDM5 have the main buildings upgrade automatically once the tech level is reached.
If you still want to play your mod and not those, there is an intermediate way to almost accomplish that: use UE to set the main buildings cost the same for all levels; then the upgrade cost is 0 and the upgrade takes 1 turn.
Here is a link to that: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2568
I think that was one of the corrections the Patcher added, right now I'm dealing with reducing palettes so I can't open the game to check and see if it is.
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

That's what happened to me after I started realizing everything I was getting into by starting this project. I'm thinking I might have a test version ready by the first of the year.
mrspork
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mrspork »

I hear ya bambi...um, I mean brianmcfa. LOL!

Hey, in all seriousness, I'm really jonesing for a pre-made borg battle aka WOLF 359

Any chance somebody can cook up a saved game file to download or a mod that has the fedz with a huge armada and a badass borg cube at wolf 359 system?

For the love of tribbles I don't want to grind a 150 turns hoping those cyborg wankers show up so they can chew on my torpedoes!
mont
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by mont »

Looking forward to what comes out,thanks for your work.
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

mrspork wrote:I hear ya bambi...um, I mean brianmcfa. LOL!

Hey, in all seriousness, I'm really jonesing for a pre-made borg battle aka WOLF 359

Any chance somebody can cook up a saved game file to download or a mod that has the fedz with a huge armada and a badass borg cube at wolf 359 system?

For the love of tribbles I don't want to grind a 150 turns hoping those cyborg wankers show up so they can chew on my torpedoes!
Maybe I should add a system called Wolf 358 and have the USS Jupiter 2 in orbit there.

Return to “All The Ages Mod”