Starting a New "All The Ages" Module

All The Ages Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Starting a New "All The Ages" Module

Post by brianmcfa »

Like I said in previous posts, I've been working on which minor races I'm going to be adding and what ships they'll be using. So here is the preliminary list of the races and their ships (if any) that I'll have in the game. Each ship type will have at least one upgrade and some will have up to five upgrades. I'm still not above changing them at this point as I haven't delved into some of the other sections of the race upgrades. So anyway, here's my list:

Acamarians - None
Andorians - Kumari Class Cruiser
Bajorans - Perikian Class Destroyer
Benzites - None
Betazoids - None
Bolians - None
Breen - Gor Taan Class Cruiser
Bynars - None
Bolians - None
Chalnoth - None
Denobulans - None
Edo - None
Gorn - Gress'sril Class Cruiser*
Ktarians - None
Miradorn - Theta Class Cruiser
Nausicaans - "Raider" Class Destroyer*
Orions - "Interceptor" Class Destroyer
Pakleds - Brendob Class (aka Pakled Transport) Cruiser
Sheliak - "Transport" Class Cruiser
Takarans - None
Talarians - "Observation" Class Scout*, Q'Maire Class Cruiser
Tamarians - Darmok Class Cruiser
Tellerites - Phinda Class Destroyer
Tholians - Shard Class Destroyer
Trill - None
Ullians - None
Vulcans - Suurok Class Cruiser, D'Kyr Class Command Cruiser, Vahklas Class Destroyer
Xindi - "Aquatic" Class Cruiser, "Insectoid" Class Destroyer
Yridians - "Unnamed" Class Scout
Zakdorn - None

The ships that have a * are the ships that I couldn't find a model for. Anything in quotes I couldn't find a name for so I'll probably make one up or look harder for one later. Depending on room, I'll likely add some others such as the Trill transport so this isn't the end all of the list.
thepuzzlemonkey
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by thepuzzlemonkey »

I really enjoy this mod and its great to have an NX class ship.
Upgrading it to more than just a scout will make a great addition. Cant wait!!!
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

Well I've started tinkering with the Ferengi ships now and there just aren't as many ship models as I'd like to use. I'd like to at least have three scout class, four destroyer class, a fast destroyer class, maybe six or seven types of cruisers, three command cruisers and two strike cruisers plus the transports and colony ships. I've come up with about 12 models so far and most of those are the originals. If anyone has made some Ferengi ships models that aren't on the main downloads page, I'd really like to use them.

As a backup plan, I'm going to assume that in the canonical Star Trek universe the Ferengi acquired some of their fleet designs from other races. Therefore, only about half of the ship types will show a Ferengi design. This would allow me to open up the fleet to lots of other possibilities. For example, I was thinking of using the original Vulcan and Bajoran ships as "purchased" Ferengi ships. For that matter, I know there are a host of other ship designs out there that could come into play and any race that was willing to sell could potentially have a ship in the Ferengi fleet. Maybe there could even be some designs from unknown races. (Anyone have a Star Destroyer model? :lol: )

I'd really like to hear other people's ideas for these, this could be a fun one to open up. Just remember, the key is that there has to be a working model for the ship available.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

yeah there is not much you can do with ferengi. most of the other game use the models from BOTF for ferengi. very few models are even available even to convert.

here is one I created for multi-player mod

1 other option would be to re-scale models so heavy would be larger for example.

you can also edit textures, darker, lighter or even add icons to make them stand out.

thunderchero
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I'd rather give the ferengi some modified versions of minor race ships than other majors
reusing a klingon k'vort like above really looks awkward to me
maybe invent some new ships, still better than to reuse other major's ships in my opinion :roll:
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

Flocke wrote:I'd rather give the ferengi some modified versions of minor race ships than other majors
reusing a klingon k'vort like above really looks awkward to me
maybe invent some new ships, still better than to reuse other major's ships in my opinion :roll:
Well if you remember, there was a TNG episode where the Ferengi had already "acquired" two birds of prey so I don't think smaller scout ships would be out of line. Even the Oberth class was used privately a few times, just not by the Ferengi.

Mostly I was thinking about other minor ships anyway though. I already mentioned the Bajoran and Vulcan ships, maybe a reskinned Sheliak too. If I remember right, the original model in the TV series for the Pakled transport was also the Acamarian ship, the Trill Ship, and a Cardassian freighter so that one is a likely candidate too.

I can't remember where I saw the post now but someone had put out the idea that the Ferengi should have weak but fast scouts to establish trade routes, what would amount to heavily armed cargo ships for the bulk of the fleets, and then a few true warships to defend trade routes. So maybe adding better weaponry to pretty much any freighter could work along those lines.
Last edited by brianmcfa on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

thunderchero wrote:yeah there is not much you can do with ferengi. most of the other game use the models from BOTF for ferengi. very few models are even available even to convert.

here is one I created for multi-player mod

1 other option would be to re-scale models so heavy would be larger for example.

you can also edit textures, darker, lighter or even add icons to make them stand out.

thunderchero
Is this one in the ship files you sent me?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

brianmcfa wrote:Is this one in the ship files you sent me?
I doubt it, you would need to download and install Thunderchero's_Multi-player_mod.exe and then export that model to a new shippack.

it is the vanilla model of the kvort just colorized.

there are a few other special models in that mod for heavy destroyers.

thunderchero
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

thunderchero wrote:
brianmcfa wrote:Is this one in the ship files you sent me?
I doubt it, you would need to download and install Thunderchero's_Multi-player_mod.exe and then export that model to a new shippack.

it is the vanilla model of the kvort just colorized.

there are a few other special models in that mod for heavy destroyers.

thunderchero
Okay, got it now. I think you may be seeing your work again! :lol: It'll likely be a level 9 or 10 scout. This would have been another great candidate for special things that could happen with Alliances. I wonder if there's a way to get this as a "Build Special Ship" area. Well maybe that's something to work on for a later version.
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

Well here's my first reskinned vessel:

I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I was thinking the Ferengi might have purchased a colony ship design from the Sheliak and made it a troop transport and colony ship at a 7-8 tech level.
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

Reskinned Toran:

Now the original can become something else, probably a minor's ship.
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

I think I got the Ferengi color closer on this one. I'll probably make it an early cruiser of some sort.
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

The Bajoran's ship was certainly odd looking to start with. Maybe a troop transport now?
brianmcfa
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by brianmcfa »

My last one for the night... err... day (Is that really the sun coming up?) is the Yridian Scout. It's not quite a Ferengi Shuttlepod but I think it'll do for an early scout ship.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I see this is becoming the red ship mod :up:

Return to “All The Ages Mod”