All The Ages Mod: 1.1H Released 11/05/09

All The Ages Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

I can't get your latest update to work correctly. I uninstalled the old version and installed the new with minor ship building and everything else to default locations. The Large map version loads normal sized maps, and the norm version doesn't load at all; it just goes to a black screen at start up and stays there. I uninstalled, downloaded a second time and the same thing happened.
Killer
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Killer »

stardust wrote:
Killer wrote:Umm, may I have one more question? I have just statrted my first bigger battle against Cardassians, but the game crashes in the second combat turn. I have tried to reinstall without Hades but the result is the same. Shall I provide a savegame or is this just a common behavior?
Does the crash log contain anything? I know the game in general can be a bit finnicky with larger battles but it'd be best tocheck anyway.
There are only these two entries.

-------------------------------------
ST:BOF Tue Nov 3 18:52:38 2009

Version Under Test: 72
File: object.cpp, Line: 495, slotNumber <objData>TotalObjectSlot
Initialize State: 31
Player Empire: 1 Starting Seed: 1257264138
Galaxy shape: 1 Galaxy Size: 2
Turn State: 20
Turn Number: 126

-------------------------------------
ST:BOF Tue Nov 3 19:02:30 2009

Version Under Test: 72
File: object.cpp, Line: 495, slotNumber <objData>TotalObjectSlot
Initialize State: 31
Player Empire: 1 Starting Seed: 1257264138
Galaxy shape: 1 Galaxy Size: 2
Turn State: 20
Turn Number: 132

Oh and one more bug I hve just discovered. When loading a savegame, I can build all previous ships. So while LCruiser I was replaced by LCruiser II, I could not build LCruiser I anymore, but now, after loading a savegame, I can. And it applies to all other vessels (Destroyer I and II and Science Vessels I and II are also buildable).
Last edited by Killer on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Killer
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Killer »

eber3 wrote:I can't get your latest update to work correctly. I uninstalled the old version and installed the new with minor ship building and everything else to default locations. The Large map version loads normal sized maps, and the norm version doesn't load at all; it just goes to a black screen at start up and stays there. I uninstalled, downloaded a second time and the same thing happened.
Well if you have read just a few entries back, we have already talked about these issuses.
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

Killer wrote: Well if you have read just a few entries back, we have already talked about these issuses.
Yeah, didn't look back that far, my bad.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Killer, what ships were being used in those battles? It wasn't the Constitution class by chance was it?
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
Killer
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Killer »

stardust wrote:Killer, what ships were being used in those battles? It wasn't the Constitution class by chance was it?
Yes, it was mostly the Constitution class. Is this the problem? Hmm, if I remember correctly, I have not had any crash since I upgraded to the Constitution Refit....
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Killer wrote:
stardust wrote:Killer, what ships were being used in those battles? It wasn't the Constitution class by chance was it?
Yes, it was mostly the Constitution class. Is this the problem? Hmm, if I remember correctly, I have not had any crash since I upgraded to the Constitution Refit....
I thought so :x

What mod version are you using anyway? If it's version F then you're not the only one having this problem.

My 4shared folder
Killer
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Killer »

stardust wrote:
Killer wrote:
I thought so :x

What mod version are you using anyway? If it's version F then you're not the only one having this problem.
Nope, I have downloaded the latest G version.
Killer
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Killer »

BTW any idea what to do with those ships getting back to build list? Now I have Light Cruiser I, II and III and Science vessel I, II and III. In a while, it will have 5 pages of ships :)
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Killer wrote:BTW any idea what to do with those ships getting back to build list? Now I have Light Cruiser I, II and III and Science vessel I, II and III. In a while, it will have 5 pages of ships :)
I'm guessing it's because of how I've got the ship list set up, but it's a harmless quirk and a handy one at that as far as quickly building a fleet of ships to test goes ;)

My 4shared folder
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

Hello there. First of all i want to say i really like this MOD, hope some day can make an option to choose a map where the locations of the systemes more accurate to the trek universe.
I´m getting the same problem, the large size map results to be the normal one. And when i enter in battle with the constitutios, in the second or third turn it crashes.
I´ve installed a fresh botf and the G version.
I apologize for my bad english.

Live long and....
Live long and propser
Killer
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Killer »

stardust wrote:
Killer wrote:BTW any idea what to do with those ships getting back to build list? Now I have Light Cruiser I, II and III and Science vessel I, II and III. In a while, it will have 5 pages of ships :)
I'm guessing it's because of how I've got the ship list set up, but it's a harmless quirk and a handy one at that as far as quickly building a fleet of ships to test goes ;)
Yup, it is not so bad after all. At least I can have Constitutions Refit in pair with Excelsiors and recap a true TMP experience :-)
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

If things go well I'll have another update later on today. mostly for things I've ballsed up with the last update.

I'll have a new Connie model that Thunderchero put together for me yesterday, the problems with the galaxy maps fixed as well as a few other little things that needed doing.

Oh, and a ship for the Zakdorn to play with. ;)

My 4shared folder
Killer
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Killer »

stardust wrote:If things go well I'll have another update later on today. mostly for things I've ballsed up with the last update.

I'll have a new Connie model that Thunderchero put together for me yesterday, the problems with the galaxy maps fixed as well as a few other little things that needed doing.

Oh, and a ship for the Zakdorn to play with. ;)
Cool, thanks for all the effort. Hmm, Zakdorn is the most defended of my systems as about 90% of my ships is sitting there and training :)
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

anjel wrote:hope some day can make an option to choose a map where the locations of the systemes more accurate to the trek universe.
Mentat is working on a scenario he called "Dominiom Wars". With canon systems and positions on a huge map.

you could download the new UDM 3 version. The scenario is included (savegames in a subfolder).

But unfortunally the scenario won't run with this version. But Mentat told me that it should work with the UDM3.0i version. Had no time to test it out as yet.

Stay tuned for more changes in this direction.
stardust wrote:If things go well I'll have another update later on today
awesome :)

Return to “All The Ages Mod”