All The Ages Mod: 1.1H Released 11/05/09

All The Ages Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Hi stardust,

I guess no post are better than problems just let me know when I should add new version into download section.

So to users of mod please advise if all is running smooth.

thunderchero
CptSaavik
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptSaavik »

mod looks normal as far as i can tell. great mod by the way i love the fed ships :D

game slows down while in combat but thats normal when you attack an outpost with 140 ships 8O
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

you might also want to report what version normal maps, large maps minor building or non minor building.

thunderchero
CptSaavik
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptSaavik »

i played the "small" version with minor ship building.

i noticed a bug though. i tried to upgrade 40 mass replicators from type 8 to 9. It didn't work although it's fixed in trek.exe
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

CptSaavik wrote:i played the "small" version with minor ship building.

I noticed a bug though. I tried to upgrade 40 mass replicators from type 8 to 9. It didn't work although it's fixed in trek.exe
I'm not sure why you're having that problem. I've just tested the game and I got 50 type 8 replicators to upgrate to type 9 without a problem.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
CptSaavik
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptSaavik »

stardust wrote:
CptSaavik wrote:i played the "small" version with minor ship building.

I noticed a bug though. I tried to upgrade 40 mass replicators from type 8 to 9. It didn't work although it's fixed in trek.exe
I'm not sure why you're having that problem. I've just tested the game and I got 50 type 8 replicators to upgrate to type 9 without a problem.
i don't know either
henka
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by henka »

Though I'am not playing this specific mod, i experienced the same problem with UDM 3.0.1 final playing Large Maps with minor shipbuilding.

I can buy upgrades with more the 65535 building costs without any problem, but without buying the process gets stuck.

In my example there is a upgrade with 63520 industry already investet and 4 rounds to completion. This system makes 4k industry per turn. If i purchase now, everything is fine, but if i complete the round to get this upgrade by industry, the already invested industry value stays the same next round and there are still 4 rounds to completion. And after another 4 rounds, the upgrade still takes 4 rounds.

I can provide anyone who wants to take a look at the problem with savegame and the zipped binary folder.

Anyway, this is not a serious problem, becauso the purchase works fine, so i can circumvent this problem. And i have to thank all you guys for the excellent work your are doing. With all the bugfixes and the mods i'am still having fun with playing botf since 10 years :D
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

henka wrote:Though I'am not playing this specific mod, i experienced the same problem with UDM 3.0.1 final playing Large Maps with minor shipbuilding.

I can buy upgrades with more the 65535 building costs without any problem, but without buying the process gets stuck.

In my example there is a upgrade with 63520 industry already investet and 4 rounds to completion. This system makes 4k industry per turn. If i purchase now, everything is fine, but if i complete the round to get this upgrade by industry, the already invested industry value stays the same next round and there are still 4 rounds to completion. And after another 4 rounds, the upgrade still takes 4 rounds.

I can provide anyone who wants to take a look at the problem with savegame and the zipped binary folder.

Anyway, this is not a serious problem, becauso the purchase works fine, so i can circumvent this problem. And i have to thank all you guys for the excellent work your are doing. With all the bugfixes and the mods i'am still having fun with playing botf since 10 years :D
I know some of the smarter modders on here are looking into this over HERE but as things stand there's no way around this.

It's not a huge problem as the only thing likely to go over the 65335 limit is the last upgrade to the industry and even then when you get to the point where it sticks it's not going to cost that much to part buy the upgrade to clear it.

The AI if I remember right shouldn't be hampered by this because they buy everything as soon as it can anyway.

My 4shared folder
CptSaavik
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptSaavik »

btw when i research weapons 10 the game crashes any idea why and how to fix it?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

CptSaavik

any crash log?

thunderchero
CptSaavik
Ensign
Ensign

Post by CptSaavik »

nope no crash log but i installed the mod again. seems to work now
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

All the Ages mod version H has been added to download section.

All the Ages mod version H

thunderchero
JeanNYGUARD
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by JeanNYGUARD »

Stardust

First let me say ... EXCELLENT MOD - GREAT IDEA

I do have a few bugs though if I may list.

I play under Large Galaxy. Federation. Level 1. Spiral Gal. Random Events On.

1. Everytime I select Shipbuilding In Sol system the game freezes. I get Just In Time Debugger but it does nothing. I have to cntl alt delete my way out.

2. Any chance we can change the background of the sectors to display the original BOTF map and not The NCC 1701 E.

3. When I select Terraforming option ... and select the planet ... its not the right size.

4. Pluto has about 100 - 120 mil pop compared to Venus's 70 mil, which is a bigger planet.

5. Weird sound when you click End Turn.

Those are my observations. Thanks for your work :)
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

JeanNYGUARD wrote:1. Everytime I select Shipbuilding In Sol system the game freezes. I get Just In Time Debugger but it does nothing. I have to cntl alt delete my way out.
Sounds like you need to replace version this problem has been fixed in latest release. afaik

thunderchero
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

JeanNYGUARD wrote:Stardust

First let me say ... EXCELLENT MOD - GREAT IDEA

I do have a few bugs though if I may list.

I play under Large Galaxy. Federation. Level 1. Spiral Gal. Random Events On.

1. Everytime I select Shipbuilding In Sol system the game freezes. I get Just In Time Debugger but it does nothing. I have to cntl alt delete my way out.

2. Any chance we can change the background of the sectors to display the original BOTF map and not The NCC 1701 E.

3. When I select Terraforming option ... and select the planet ... its not the right size.

4. Pluto has about 100 - 120 mil pop compared to Venus's 70 mil, which is a bigger planet.

5. Weird sound when you click End Turn.

Those are my observations. Thanks for your work :)
Glad you're enjoying the game :)

As for your points.

1. I've been testing version H and so far I've had no problems with shipbuilding like you've described which was from an earlier release. Thunderchero's posted a link to the current release a couple of posts up.

2. That's just a minor cosmetic change. I decided to change the backgrounds to my favourite ship from each empire as I was bored of the original pics. ;)

3. I've probably gotten some planet sizes mixed up. Large planet size given to a medium or a small planet somewhere. I'll sort it out if and when I make another update if I remember.

4. Artic planets in the game have a higher population than the Volcanic, though in Pluto's case I've had to ben things slightly to get Sol's population up to 600 because I'm stuck with the planets we're given where the other systems I can mess around and chop and change until I'm happy with things.

5. That's a new one on me :?

My 4shared folder

Return to “All The Ages Mod”