All The Ages Mod: 1.1H Released 11/05/09

All The Ages Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

User avatar
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Posts: 6066
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:00 am
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.
Contact:

Post by thunderchero » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:09 am

Hi stardust,

I guess no post are better than problems just let me know when I should add new version into download section.

So to users of mod please advise if all is running smooth.

thunderchero

User avatar
CptSaavik
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:00 am
Location: Germany

Post by CptSaavik » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:14 am

mod looks normal as far as i can tell. great mod by the way i love the fed ships :D

game slows down while in combat but thats normal when you attack an outpost with 140 ships 8O

User avatar
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Posts: 6066
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:00 am
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.
Contact:

Post by thunderchero » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:23 am

you might also want to report what version normal maps, large maps minor building or non minor building.

thunderchero

User avatar
CptSaavik
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:00 am
Location: Germany

Post by CptSaavik » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:03 am

i played the "small" version with minor ship building.

i noticed a bug though. i tried to upgrade 40 mass replicators from type 8 to 9. It didn't work although it's fixed in trek.exe

stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:00 am
Location: good ole Blighty

Post by stardust » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:58 am

CptSaavik wrote:i played the "small" version with minor ship building.

I noticed a bug though. I tried to upgrade 40 mass replicators from type 8 to 9. It didn't work although it's fixed in trek.exe
I'm not sure why you're having that problem. I've just tested the game and I got 50 type 8 replicators to upgrate to type 9 without a problem.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder

User avatar
CptSaavik
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:00 am
Location: Germany

Post by CptSaavik » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:44 am

stardust wrote:
CptSaavik wrote:i played the "small" version with minor ship building.

I noticed a bug though. I tried to upgrade 40 mass replicators from type 8 to 9. It didn't work although it's fixed in trek.exe
I'm not sure why you're having that problem. I've just tested the game and I got 50 type 8 replicators to upgrate to type 9 without a problem.
i don't know either

User avatar
henka
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:00 am
Location: Germany

Post by henka » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:35 am

Though I'am not playing this specific mod, i experienced the same problem with UDM 3.0.1 final playing Large Maps with minor shipbuilding.

I can buy upgrades with more the 65535 building costs without any problem, but without buying the process gets stuck.

In my example there is a upgrade with 63520 industry already investet and 4 rounds to completion. This system makes 4k industry per turn. If i purchase now, everything is fine, but if i complete the round to get this upgrade by industry, the already invested industry value stays the same next round and there are still 4 rounds to completion. And after another 4 rounds, the upgrade still takes 4 rounds.

I can provide anyone who wants to take a look at the problem with savegame and the zipped binary folder.

Anyway, this is not a serious problem, becauso the purchase works fine, so i can circumvent this problem. And i have to thank all you guys for the excellent work your are doing. With all the bugfixes and the mods i'am still having fun with playing botf since 10 years :D

stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:00 am
Location: good ole Blighty

Post by stardust » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:39 am

henka wrote:Though I'am not playing this specific mod, i experienced the same problem with UDM 3.0.1 final playing Large Maps with minor shipbuilding.

I can buy upgrades with more the 65535 building costs without any problem, but without buying the process gets stuck.

In my example there is a upgrade with 63520 industry already investet and 4 rounds to completion. This system makes 4k industry per turn. If i purchase now, everything is fine, but if i complete the round to get this upgrade by industry, the already invested industry value stays the same next round and there are still 4 rounds to completion. And after another 4 rounds, the upgrade still takes 4 rounds.

I can provide anyone who wants to take a look at the problem with savegame and the zipped binary folder.

Anyway, this is not a serious problem, becauso the purchase works fine, so i can circumvent this problem. And i have to thank all you guys for the excellent work your are doing. With all the bugfixes and the mods i'am still having fun with playing botf since 10 years :D
I know some of the smarter modders on here are looking into this over HERE but as things stand there's no way around this.

It's not a huge problem as the only thing likely to go over the 65335 limit is the last upgrade to the industry and even then when you get to the point where it sticks it's not going to cost that much to part buy the upgrade to clear it.

The AI if I remember right shouldn't be hampered by this because they buy everything as soon as it can anyway.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder

User avatar
CptSaavik
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:00 am
Location: Germany

Post by CptSaavik » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:53 am

btw when i research weapons 10 the game crashes any idea why and how to fix it?

User avatar
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Posts: 6066
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:00 am
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.
Contact:

Post by thunderchero » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:02 pm

CptSaavik

any crash log?

thunderchero

User avatar
CptSaavik
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:00 am
Location: Germany

Post by CptSaavik » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:29 am

nope no crash log but i installed the mod again. seems to work now

User avatar
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Posts: 6066
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:00 am
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.
Contact:

Post by thunderchero » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:21 am

All the Ages mod version H has been added to download section.

All the Ages mod version H

thunderchero

User avatar
JeanNYGUARD
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:00 am

Post by JeanNYGUARD » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:12 am

Stardust

First let me say ... EXCELLENT MOD - GREAT IDEA

I do have a few bugs though if I may list.

I play under Large Galaxy. Federation. Level 1. Spiral Gal. Random Events On.

1. Everytime I select Shipbuilding In Sol system the game freezes. I get Just In Time Debugger but it does nothing. I have to cntl alt delete my way out.

2. Any chance we can change the background of the sectors to display the original BOTF map and not The NCC 1701 E.

3. When I select Terraforming option ... and select the planet ... its not the right size.

4. Pluto has about 100 - 120 mil pop compared to Venus's 70 mil, which is a bigger planet.

5. Weird sound when you click End Turn.

Those are my observations. Thanks for your work :)

User avatar
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Posts: 6066
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:00 am
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.
Contact:

Post by thunderchero » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:56 am

JeanNYGUARD wrote:1. Everytime I select Shipbuilding In Sol system the game freezes. I get Just In Time Debugger but it does nothing. I have to cntl alt delete my way out.
Sounds like you need to replace version this problem has been fixed in latest release. afaik

thunderchero

stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral
Posts: 1381
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:00 am
Location: good ole Blighty

Post by stardust » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:12 am

JeanNYGUARD wrote:Stardust

First let me say ... EXCELLENT MOD - GREAT IDEA

I do have a few bugs though if I may list.

I play under Large Galaxy. Federation. Level 1. Spiral Gal. Random Events On.

1. Everytime I select Shipbuilding In Sol system the game freezes. I get Just In Time Debugger but it does nothing. I have to cntl alt delete my way out.

2. Any chance we can change the background of the sectors to display the original BOTF map and not The NCC 1701 E.

3. When I select Terraforming option ... and select the planet ... its not the right size.

4. Pluto has about 100 - 120 mil pop compared to Venus's 70 mil, which is a bigger planet.

5. Weird sound when you click End Turn.

Those are my observations. Thanks for your work :)
Glad you're enjoying the game :)

As for your points.

1. I've been testing version H and so far I've had no problems with shipbuilding like you've described which was from an earlier release. Thunderchero's posted a link to the current release a couple of posts up.

2. That's just a minor cosmetic change. I decided to change the backgrounds to my favourite ship from each empire as I was bored of the original pics. ;)

3. I've probably gotten some planet sizes mixed up. Large planet size given to a medium or a small planet somewhere. I'll sort it out if and when I make another update if I remember.

4. Artic planets in the game have a higher population than the Volcanic, though in Pluto's case I've had to ben things slightly to get Sol's population up to 600 because I'm stuck with the planets we're given where the other systems I can mess around and chop and change until I'm happy with things.

5. That's a new one on me :?
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder

Post Reply

Return to “All The Ages Mod”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users