shipname.bin

shipname.bin; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Re:

Post by Flocke »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:33 am Vanilla shipname.bin is fine (Sheliak FFFF same as all others), must be an editing error.
Or are you talking about shipname.dat and/or one of the patch codes changing structure of shipname.dat? viewtopic.php?p=31850#p31850
I checked my other game installs. For newer AIO installs the Sheliak shipname.bin entries indeed all are set to FF FF. My older game installs however have 1B 00 set and I'm sure I never touched them. Therefore I checked both english and german stbof.res on my original game cd, and there they both are set to 1B 00 as well. But just the Sheliak, all the others still are set to FF FF.

Btw, when checking files on this with UE, take care to select the new "Extract raw data'" check, else UE simply overrides it with FF FF no matter what is read. Therefore it might also be that UE sneaked in the change that now it all is set to FF FF. :roll:
1B_shipname_bin.jpg
1B_shipname_bin.jpg (139.64 KiB) Viewed 731 times
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Flocke wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:07 pmmy original game cd, and there they both are set to 1B 00
Indeed, 1.0.0 and 1.0.2 europe CD versions have that shipname.bin glitch in english/german stbof.res.
At least no ingame effect like the Antedian name/attitude glitch or Bandi racetech.tec error.
Albeit, back in the day, I payed DM 7.77 (or 6.66? - supermarked rummage goods).
So I think I'm going to mandate Less Grossman to negociate a refund. Do you want to join me in a class action lawsuit?
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:08 pm Albeit, back in the day, I payed DM 7.77 (or 6.66? - supermarked rummage goods).
So I think I'm going to mandate Less Grossman to negociate a refund. Do you want to join me in a class action lawsuit?
It was DM 7.77, blame Google: viewtopic.php?p=4194#p4194 :lol:
But the lawsuit value never is measured on what you paid to buy a microwell but on what harm it caused! We should start a petition and blame CBS! :mrgreen:

Return to “shipname.bin”