THE BOTF2 FORUMS HAVE RETURNED

BOTF2; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander
Location: South Wales - Not The Australian One, The Other One!

THE BOTF2 FORUMS HAVE RETURNED

Post by matress_of_evil »

Yep, you read the title right - the BOTF2 forums have returned, but they are no longer being hosted on the AFC servers. Jigalypuff has created his own forums that are now being fully run by Nemitor_Atimen.

We have not fallen out with AFC in any way. The reason for the split is purely because of the recent (Un)reliability of the servers. We haven't sent a mass-email about this yet because of a minor glitch in the email system, but will be sending one as soon as the problem is sorted out.

The old forums were saved as well as ALL posts AND user accounts. You do NOT need to reregister. If you have forgotten your login details, please send me a PM with info to prove you own the account (Some account info that only you would know etc) and I will reset your password for you.

In case you didn't know, we now also have multiple forum themes that you can select from your user control panel. My personal recommendation is the AcidTech one. Please let us know if you have any suggestions for potential theme additions or changes you would like to the forums.

I hope to see people returning to the BOTF2 forums, development of Supremacy, BOTE, and Allegiance is continuing. :mrgreen:

http://www.star-trek-games.com/forum/
Check out the latest news for Star Trek: Supremacy, Birth of the Empires and more at Star-Trek-Games.com!

"Anyone without a sense of humour is truly at the mercy of the rest of us."
alekssandros
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by alekssandros »

is the same that
http://botfii.armadafleetcommand.com/forums/index.php

because I try enter 3 weeks ago and nothing T_T
NO! No perderemos el ENTERPRISE! No contra los Borg; No mientras esté bajo mi mando!
-Jean Luc Picard-
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Yes, it IS the same forums as were originally on that link. We have simply moved them to a different website. Delete the botfii.armadafleetcommand one from your favourites because it will no longer work and the forums will not be returning to it. We're going to try to set up a forwarding system to move people to the new site when they try to access botfii, but that will only be on a temporary basis.
Check out the latest news for Star Trek: Supremacy, Birth of the Empires and more at Star-Trek-Games.com!

Janusi
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Janusi »

Well, I tried to login but it seems my user account wasn't saved. Should I try to reregister?
Malvoisin
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Malvoisin »

www.star-trek-games.com wrote:Forums
Written by jigalypuff
Tuesday, 13 May 2008 19:08

The forums are now online, there may be problems with those who registered on the site being unable to login on the forums, and vice versa. If this happens please mail us and we will add you manually, or delete your account and then when you re-reg you`ll get registered on the front page and the forum.

Sorry for any trouble this may cause.
so just pm jigalypuff here on this site or use the contact form over at star-trek-games.com then you should be able to re-reg using same name.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

hmm, am i being a bone head again?
I can login to the forums, but i'm told there are no subjects or posts to look at.

I registered a couple of months ago and i can view the main page and subjects on there just fine.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Thats a wierd glitch...click This Link and tell me what you see. If you can see the forum headers ("General Chat" "Jobs and Positions" etc) click one of them and see if you can see any threads.

Next, sign into the forums and see if the threads are still there. (Or have actually appeared) If they're not, there's something going wrong somewhere.

We know there are some problems with the forums already - we updated phpbb3 and some of the backend code, but that's ended up deleting a few things that it shouldn't have or left us with a few incompatibilities. Error reports like this will help us track them down.

On another note, Mike has released a minor update for Supremacy, which you can find on the Supremacy Pre-release Download Thread.

Unfortunately, this update requires you to install the .Net 3.5 SP1 Beta update - which weighs in at 229mb. All future updates will require this update so it has to be installed it you want to continue playing. :(

Download links for the Supremacy update and .Net update are contained in the link above.

The Supremacy update adds in a new credits screen for the game - please let us know if anyone that has contributed to the game but has been left out - as well as some bug fixes for the editor. The update also contains the editor itself, which was missing from some of the previous downloads.

To install the update, download it, then unzip it into a new folder. If you wish to put it in your existing Supremacy folder, you MUST first delete the existing Supremacy files. Failing to do so could leave behind files that could conflict with the game.

If you encounter any problems with Supremacy, please post about it in the thread linked above, and we will do all we can to help. :)

stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

I clicked 'this link' at the top Moe and everything's there now.
I've looked through a few forum topics, it's all looking good now....computers are wierd sometimes eh?
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Like I said, we know about some existing problems and are working on fixing them - the fix for your problem might have been implemented since a made that post.

Glad your problem has been sorted though. Now go and download Supremacy! :mrgreen:

I've got some news coming up about the Trek mod for BotE soon. Watch this space for download details. :wink:

matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Sorry for the double-post, but it seems that *some* people are having trouble logging into their old BOTF2 accounts. If you have any problems, please let me know about them as soon as possible, as the problems appear to be related to a security issue. I already know of at least two people that have been affected by the problem.

On another point, Mike has posted an update for Supremacy. This new update includes an auto-updater that will download only the updated files, so in future you won't need to download the entire game. You can find this new update in the first post of the Supremacy Pre-release Download Thread Here.

Enjoy. :)

Return to “BOTF2”