Working on a Star Trek Webgame MMOG

Other Projects; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

I seen the post surfing the Botf II project boards and the game caught my eye.. found it funny because I started writing a book call "Shadows of the Feredation" back in Sep. 2007

Goodluck with the game it looks great so far..

Val.
CaptainNet
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by CaptainNet »

Hello,

Hey thanks val, I can use all the encouragement I can get.

Now for the rest of the news...

Since I didn't drink to celebrate the new year coming in (besides I asked the clerk if they had some romulan ale, and he pointed me at the maddog 20/20.)....I decided to take the time to catch up on some much needed sleep.

Well that is not the news, but it is with a rested mind I came up with this idea:

I will be designing the game itself and making it highly extensible. I will host a limited server of it on my hosting, but leave the actual hosting of all flavors of the game up to those who wish to help out with the project.

I know that this way I can focus on game development, with a limited server, primarily for bug testing set up....and leave the fun of having your own server, complete with the game customized any way you would like it, to you the public who have been keeping up with this project.

Version 2009.0.1 is in the Planning Stage now...... I have allotted one week to complete the planning stage at max.

This is going to be a reallllllly complex game. I have a ton of ideas and I know I can make them work.

Anyone who would like to help out with the project is encouraged to post a reply to this thread. There is no such things as too many cooks in the kitchen with this project.;)

Thank you,

~Joel
Valcoren
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Valcoren »

I would love to offer some writing skills or graphic work, but between a full time family w/a job, and I just committed social suicide by heading back to college for another 3.5 yrs starting 1/5, or I would be all over offering some storyboarding. :cry:

-Val.

P.S. when time frees up on in between classes I can toss some time around and suggest some ability of adding small quests for your game.
zach21uk
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by zach21uk »

Hey

I've had a good read through this thread and I am very interested in what you have planned.

I run a Star Trek Gaming Website and Podcast called Hailing Frequency - Check us out at www.hailingfrequency.co.uk

If you'd like to get some publicity for your project or put a call out for some help - then register on my forums and send me a PM.

I'd be happy to have you on for a small audio interview.

Let me know
Zach
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Hey Zach! Good to see you over here, man. :)

I too am interested to see where this goes. Unfortunately I can't really contribute in any material way (I have no artistic or technical skills to speak of), so I'll just stick to a "cheerleader" role. :P
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

Is this thread dead now?

im very intrested in the development of the game
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55

Return to “Other Projects”