In the wee hours of the morning [BOTF MMOG Ressurection]

Other Projects; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Cool. Looking forward to seeing this in development. :)
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
CaptainNet
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by CaptainNet »

He he he,

I look forward to seeing it to.

I just want to let everyone know that the new development forum is up at http://shadowofthefederation.com/forum.

I will be posting news and trying to get help from both there and here.

Everyone is welcome to sign up for the board and put in their 28 cents worth or more about the game, it's development, or just to keep me encouraged to keep going on a massive project like this.

Thank you,

~CaptainNet
Osk
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Osk »

Itried the link, but I get some portal site for relaed things (godaddy, ugh, who thought up that name?). Sure, I'll sign up, as soon as i get a working link and/or site name. I might know next to 0 about coding, but i know about surveys, target groups and boring stuff like that
CaptainNet
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Holy Holograms Mr Android Sir!

Post by CaptainNet »

Well suffice it to say real life once again got in the way of a perfectly good MMOG - but now that I have all my clients taken care of I can FINALLY take some time off to work on what I want to work on - which is you guessed it ... TREK!!!

The Shadows of the Federation Redesign of the MMOG is underway.

Some features of the MMOG will include:

Mod Capable
Multilingual (even in diplomacy)
A big and I mean BIG galaxy map (warning this will eat quite a bit of server space)
Easy to use web installer
Totally written in PHP, MySQL, CSS, and Javascript.
Linux Friendly
Windows Friendly
(isn't it nice and friendly already?)
Massive Tech Tree
Individual modifications on ships - this means you can have your hot rod version of the defiant in addition to other normal ships of that class - hence flagships
Turn Based
Difficulty levels
wormholes, weird random events and bunches bunches more!

Well I am off to work on this all; if anyone would like to help out with this project I have a linux server set up and will get you the credentials to ftp, ssh, use phpmyadmin, instructions - etc.

I will report what I am up to, and to that individual who asked about progress in a PM, thank you, you have inspired me and quite possibly helped me find my direction again for having a bit of fun!

Thank you,
Captain Net
CaptainNet
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Wiki up and running!

Post by CaptainNet »

The wiki for the project is up and running - the release schedule for the game will be posted on it, but it looks like 9 weeks. Each week's work will be kept in a seperate "warp" folder with the final warp9 folder being the release candidate of the game.
The wiki is located at http://69.66.190.164/wiki/index.php/Main_Page. That ip points at the linux server I am developing this all on.

I am using mediawiki (same software as wikipedia) to document the game for the wiki needs.

Hope this helps all who are interested!

I will keep you posted!

Thank you,
CaptainNet
CaptainNet
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Sorry here is a domain listed address -0--

Post by CaptainNet »

Here is a domain listed address for the wiki for those who are squeemish about going to an IP address.
Link: http://thekingdomnet.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

I am already working on things!

Return to “Other Projects”