Ultimate Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Ascendant
Ensign
Ensign

Shaka When the Walls Fell ....

Post by Ascendant »

Hi

I was testing out the minor race ship generation in UM5 and used the Breen and Children of Tama to compare against the specifications in the Mod help file.

The Tamarians are supposed to pop at 5s and 6s while the Breen are supposed to pop at 8s and 7s.

I brought them both to Affiliate status with Worshipful relationship.

I passed Tech level 6 and nothing happened for the Tamarians but when I got up to 8 for all techs, the Breen popped and when I made them members, I could build their ships.

Is this a known issue? I'm at version 5 2.1.

Is this corrected in the most recent version?

A related question - is there some way that normal (non=modder folks that don't work with hexidecimal etc) can alter the tech requirements for the minor race ships? With some, by the time that I can generate the required tech level, they are really not worthy of front line action .....
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Shaka When the Walls Fell ....

Post by Flocke »

Ascendant wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:32 am A related question - is there some way that normal (non=modder folks that don't work with hexidecimal etc) can alter the tech requirements for the minor race ships? With some, by the time that I can generate the required tech level, they are really not worthy of front line action .....
Yes, the yet unreleased version of UE that I worked more than a year on is almost done. Other than the previous versions it is pretty mod compatible and should work fine with the Ultimate Mod.

No need to mess building it yourself. Already next weekend I plan to have a 0.9.0 development release ready.
The releases can be found at https://gitlab.com/stbotf/ultimate-editor/-/tags but I'll also post a link in UE topic then:
viewforum.php?f=125

It's a beta one but the most serious bugs I should already have fixed. Further I fixed countless bugs of all the former versions, so rather mess with the new ones. :cool:
Ascendant
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ascendant »

Excellent - thanks Flocke, I look forward to using your updated tool !
Ascendant
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ascendant »

If Dafedz still checks in here - could you post about the general state of the Tamarians ?

Were they supposed to be active in terms of ships in 5 2.1 and are they working in the latest version ?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Ascendant wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:21 am If Dafedz still checks in here - could you post about the general state of the Tamarians ?

Were they supposed to be active in terms of ships in 5 2.1 and are they working in the latest version ?
Dafedz drops by from time to time, but he just updated his mod to Ultimate Mod 5 v5.5
link to Ultimate Mod 5 v5.5 info
viewtopic.php?p=58042#p58042

installer with latest version
viewtopic.php?p=58537#p58537
Ascendant
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ascendant »

Thanks Thunder. I can see nothing about the Tamarians in that update so I will hold off until I complete my current game.

The Dominion just allied with me and the Romulans are getting edgey - so good times are ahead ! =)
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Ascendant wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:32 amI passed Tech level 6 and nothing happened for the Tamarians but when I got up to 8 for all techs, the Breen popped and when I made them members, I could build their ships.
Just to be clear it's about the (hidden) minor race tech levels. You own tech levels don't matter for this feature, even after membership.

Changing this to empire tech is not recommended, since it requires intricate/redundant tech calculations each turn.

The ship tech level reqirements are stored in a smal file called shiptech.sst (in stbof.res), every version of UE should be able to edit them with no issues.

I don't recall the file with the minor race tech levels for each evolution level but UE should edit this too?
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Ascendant
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ascendant »

Thanks for that information.

So - do you think that the Tamarian's vessels may yet pop? Or has that ship sailed?
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:13 pm The ship tech level reqirements are stored in a smal file called shiptech.sst (in stbof.res), every version of UE should be able to edit them with no issues.

I don't recall the file with the minor race tech levels for each evolution level but UE should edit this too?
It actually both seems to be supported by UE 0.7.2dev5c, at least I can load these views for UM5. You however should rather not open any other views, cause all that is viewed is loaded and on save potentially is messed.

With the planned dev release I'm getting close, but I found some larger issues with later turn savegame editing I'm still working on. I fixed most of it and added new cleanup options like removing all the current AITasks. The only left issue on my list right now is that some taskforce AI tasks seem to crash the game when not removed along with system removal. Like e.g. colonize and repair tasks. I however need some additional testing. :roll:

Return to “Ultimate Mod”