Ultimate Mod 4 - BETA v2

Ultimate Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

DCER wrote:EDIT: also I'm missing cy ship files. Can someone here who downloaded the said files check the archives (not stbof.res) if the cy files are there?
I just went though all the files I have, and saw no ship files for cy ship. not sure why he has a slot for it.

thunderchero
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

ah, right, Cheers for that DCER :)
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

cy files are used for the Cardassian destroyer. The cl1 files are till there so as a temporary solution one could switch to those.
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

DCER wrote:cy files are used for the Cardassian destroyer. The cl1 files are till there so as a temporary solution one could switch to those.
eber3 wrote:
sean_west wrote:@ EBER3,

I did not have a problem with the BETA files. It might be worth downloading them again, just to make sure you don't have a dud copy.
That could be. Maybe they simply got corrupted during download somehow. I have a question for you, if you start a game as the Cardasians and look at your ship queue do you have the graphics for the destroyers? Those were two of the files that were missing for me.
Interesting. Those were some of the same files that were missing for me. I never could get the mod to work correctly off of the latest version, I ended up using the old version with the quick fixes which you can still download from the same folder.

I used BOTF_UM4_GAMEFILES (not the Beta), BOTF_UM4_OTHER (not the Beta), Hotfix1_trek-exe.zip, and Hotfix_2.zip.

Then there were a couple of changes that I needed to make using UE. You need to change Corvallens.tga to read Corval.tga or else the game crashes when they are selected. Also you need to go through and check the the Starbases for each empire. Make sure they upgrade for "nothing" instead of for "outpost II", otherwise once starbase tech is reached you won't be able to build any more outposts or starbases. (Some of these were set correctly, some weren't. I don't remember which, so best to check them all.)

After that the game runs great. Only other problem I've seen is the Bajorans being disruntled but it doesn't bother me.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

The Bajorans are Enraged by Default, but at least you have a chance of using gifts to raise their opinion of you so you can start sending them treaties...(it's a shame to have to blow up that starbase of theirs in order to invade)

i've even gotten them to sign a membership treaty when i'm the cardassians, though that was mainly because they wanted protection from the Dominion :lol:

The Tholians on the other hand, they start off enraged and immediately declare war on you..
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

I am missing the cardassian cy files as well,graphic of green torpedo in science window. using UE0.1.4a file checker it show they are missing...

either

1 - this is a typo in the shiplist et al

2 - the files arn't in the .rar's (i've checked!)

don't know what the intention was here.

I'm loving the UM4 keep up the great work. :-) :-)
yours_truly
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by yours_truly »

Sorry to trouble you guys, but could one of you post a detailed tuorial of how to fix the Cardassian Destroyer issue? I'm not a modder and can barely get them to work on my system.
It has been some time since the last progress update in here, so i just hope there's still wip for this great mod.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi everyone,

in Dafedz absence I have posted a fix for cy file problem.

in the rar file you will find new shiplist.sst add this file to stbof.res with winrar or UE next copy the trek.exe to your botf folder I have not had time to test this so if someone could give feedback on how it works.

the cy fix file is here;

http://www.4shared.com/file/55466531/20 ... y_fix.html

hope this helps,

thunderchero
yours_truly
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by yours_truly »

Works like a charm, thank you very much!^^

I also did a new integrity check and now i get three warnings because of oversized .tga files in shiplist.sst and edifice.bst. I hope that doesn't cause any problems.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

yours_truly wrote:Works like a charm, thank you very much!^^

I also did a new integrity check and now i get three warnings because of oversized .tga files in shiplist.sst and edifice.bst. I hope that doesn't cause any problems.
that depends on sizes if file sizes are 30x30, 60x50, 120x100, 170x142, 270x225 everything should be ok I am getting same error and it is for no reason.

thunderchero

EDIT; I just ran a check too and only one that might cause a problem is cun_b.tga but I doubt if it will. Due to it is the vanilla file
yours_truly
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by yours_truly »

Hi again, just a quick question.

I can only get the tactical combat to work with the phaser .hobs from the "tacticalcombatfix". The phaser and shield effects display correctly under the 3d setting on "software".
All the other options (3DFX or DIRECT3D) cause them to be displayed as grey..stuff.
Well, i'm glad that software works but seriously...everything looks like crap in software.
So, is there any other way to change those .hobs so that phasers and shields are displayed correctly under §DFX or DIRECT3D setting?
I would appreciate any help, cause its a shame to not being able to enjoy the mod in its full graphical glory.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

yours_truly

Sorry to hear you have 8800 video card, 2 out of 40-60 people have changed drivers and got it to work. But was thinking you might want to contact your video card support and see if there is anything they could do for you. If they are able to help please report your finding back on this post. Also if you are not using 8800 video card.

thunderchero
yours_truly
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by yours_truly »

Yeah, i have a 8800 card. Sadly, even switching card drivers doesn't seem to work.
I have found a semi-working way to make the phasers/shields work however.

When in tactical combat, just press the "windows key" and then return to the game. All ship textures will be gone but the phasers/shields are diplayed correctly for that fight alone. This only works for the "3DFX" setting.

So basically it looks like an 8800 is potentially able to display those fx correctly and i have to wonder why it doesn't. Also, why do the combat fix phasers work in software mode while none of the others do? It just doesn't make any sense for me.
venomtanker
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by venomtanker »

I love UDM III and want to play 4 but have no idea how to do it without an automatic installer is there going to be one coming soon for UDM4 or can someone direct me to where i can learn how to download the mod and install it?
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

venomtanker wrote:I love UDM III and want to play 4 but have no idea how to do it without an automatic installer is there going to be one coming soon for UDM4 or can someone direct me to where i can learn how to download the mod and install it?
Ok. This is Ultimate Mod 4, not Ultimate Dominion Mod 4. There is no UDM4... yet. As for UM4 there is a read me with the download file, but it is kind of hard to install regardless, and I had to jury rig and tweek things to get it to work right.

Return to “Ultimate Mod”