Ultimate Mod 5 v2.5 1024 (Updated 15/2/16)

Ultimate Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

socke
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: Ultimate Mod 5 v1, coming soon!

Post by socke »

so after a little while i had time to play um again and here are some more thoughts. my game is Card, impossible, all start tech at 8, small irregular, impossible, random events on.

1. in the dominion race description upon meeting them, there is two typos at deified and shipeshifters

2. the shipbalancing is really off, but you (dafedz) mentioned this before and how it will take a significant effort to tackle this. i find myself to build exclusively scouts, transports, colony ships and battleships since all others are somewhat redudant... the relatively low build cost (5600 for BS3) makes it take 2-4 rounds while cruisers/strike cruisers/HC etc take 2-3, are not as powerful, dont have the same upgrade potential, dont have LONG range ability and are not faster either.

3. with the replicators, not sure if this is identional but everybody's advanced replicator takes 40 energy for 40 food, the fed takes 20 energy for 50 food. that seems a bit off...? if anything the regular ones for klingons should be more energy/food efficient (just raw meat, gagh and booze) than the feds with their 27 different dressings for 194 salad choices alone... just my thoughts...

4. i like the ferengi starbase for the ferengi but it really doesnt fit the dominion... even though the color adjustment is really nice!

5. the starfleet intel building is a nice idea, but it'd be great to have a different picture other than their standard databank. i love your work with the fed embassy (MUCH cooler than the vanilla game's fed council!) and something of the kind would be great... or if canon provides a logo/basis that'd be cool.

6. the fed university provides less research on level 7 than the databank provides security... at the basis the research output is higher but the security buildings grow at much larger rate per tech level / might require some adjustment? unless that'd throw off the balancing for overall research vs sec among all empires.

7. i mentioned how the percentage bonus buildings (benzite ind center, tellarite ind, employment center...) have little to no effect as they only provide their bonus for the BASE output (roughly between 7-10 per construction building) rather than include the huge tech bonus. this also goes for system bonus on energy and food, which now hardly seems to have any effect. the discrepancy is obviously not so large like with industry where one can easily achieve 2000+ industry in a system where as a couple hundred energy usually suffice, but the issue remains...

8. ships of the same type have varying maintenance costs. the Card HC I e.g. costs more in upkeep than their HC II, the battleship goes down in upkeep from 1 as highest toward 3 the lowest. also the battleship costs less upkeep than the cruiser......

some general points to my game; i have not noticed any AI slip ups. the roms and klingons have confirmed fleets of around 50 ships with other ships floating around and about, not sure how many exactly.
just like in vanilla, AI acts like jerks to the player (all empires are affiliated/friends with each other but at war with me) but that has always been like this on impossible, so ...
once i have destroyed those fleets i might check whether or not they are rebuilt or whether AI "packs up and calls it a day" as has been reported before :-)
thedarklord0
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by thedarklord0 »

Just like to know if any one ever thought about making this game for the android as an apk. , would love to see that.

Thanks for evening.
Thedarklord0
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

A few things i found on the beta 2:
1. starting on the highest tech level you get 2 "upgrade to Isoliniar scanner" in the build list;
2. the +7% security center (not 100% sure about the name) is not built in the main system although available;
3. Battlehawk II for the romulans can not cloak; didn't actually got to building them but it does not say "can cloak" in the description.
nx2000
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by nx2000 »

Does this come in the small galaxy version? Most mods that I install always have for example Ultimate Mod Large and Ultimate mod regular. I started a game and it seems to default to the large. And that eventually becomes unplayable even in the "small" map category after about turn 100 because turns take too long.
Hans_Lemurson
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Hans_Lemurson »

Old BotF fan, first time poster.

I noticed some errors with the Cardassians:
  • Destroyer II, III, and IV all have identical tech requirements (4/5/6/5/5/6)
  • Scout II and III also have identical prerequisites. (5/5/5/4/4/4)
This creates a sizeable upgrade-hole in the Destroyer tree. (To the extent that anybody cares about cardassian destroyers. :razz: )

I will post any other errors I find.

edit: added cardie scout error
mrspork
Ensign
Ensign

Post by mrspork »

Hey, love the mod, agree with all of the other posts.

Have a idea for the next version upgrade.....have your ships fight it out with the orbital batteries. The quick report on how many ships / batteries are destroyed kinda sucks.

Maybe through together a ship model of the batteries....heck, you can even just render the Klingon starbase model down to a small size and have that represent the orbitals. Kinda looks like it in my opinion.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

thedarklord0, you could install a Windows emulator on your Android and then install a virtual windows machine, then install BotF on it. Not sure how good it would play on your phone but mine has a dual core 1.2 ghz with 1 gb of ram, so I could allocate a whole processor and half the ram to my VM and it should run smoothly, very very small (4.5 inch screen), but smoothly.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dewbacca »

you can't right click on a touch screen.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

might be able to set up a hotkey program so that when you tap once and hold it, another tap would bring up right click. not that hard imo

i am not sure, but u can probably hook a bluetooth mouse up to your phone (if they make that?) not sure the complications however.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zylKOrntD58
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Miscent
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Miscent »

Anyone knows if Dafedz is still working on this mod?
He hasn't been online for a while.

Miscent
Chrisman
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Chrisman »

Good question. I'm also looking forward for this mod.
mkrco41
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by mkrco41 »

Hi,

great mod..convinced me to play BOTF again after almost 10 years on the shelf when I saw that there were still mods being produced. I played a while with UM5 but eventually noticed that aside from their home systems and captured minors the AI never seemed to actually build anything on any of their planets. Have other people noticed this?

Anyways, I figured it was probably related to the high cost of getting that first bldg since the lvl 1 colonizer doesn't give you any industrial bldgs. So I used the ultimate editor to change the "industry" value of the lvl I colonizers to 3, and now the AI is building normally like it should be. And the AI seems to develop MUCH faster now (its growth curve is actually exponential now).

The AI still doesn't really seem to spend much effort on terraforming its planets though.. Any ways to fix that? Would there be any way to just make all the planets terraformed from the get go so the AI doesn't have to bother with that?
deconus
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by deconus »

Dunno if anyone else has had this problem, but the game was crashing on a large battle for me, right after clicking "Fight". Reinstalled, etc etc etc, tried using less ships, blah blah blah, what finally stopped it was leaving behind the Xepolite Scouts that were in the fleet. Guess that model might have a problem?

Cool mod btw!
Marowi
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Marowi »

Dafedz: how did you make it so that buildings upgrade automatically? Was this done in UE? I'm poking around Building Stats and can't seem to figure out how it was done.

I suppose if anyone else knows the answer (since it seems that this thread has been inactive for a bit), it would be much appreciated.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Marowi wrote:how did you make it so that buildings upgrade automatically? Was this done in UE? I'm poking around Building Stats and can't seem to figure out how it was done.
The changes were based on this mod "No Building Upgrades Mod"
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2187

It takes a lot of changes using UE that are very time consuming.

plus the code changes here for Tech Level Bonus Factors.
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=238

thunderchero

Return to “Ultimate Mod”