Ultimate Mod 5 v2.5 1024 (Updated 15/2/16)

Ultimate Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: Ultimate Mod 5 v2.1 (New Release 5/5/14)

Post by Martok »

Ah, sure. That could certainly explain why the DI costs so much more (and for a slightly lower research bonus, to boot).
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Dafedz
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dafedz »

Thank Martok, glad you like it. That's a good point you make about the Daystrom Institute. Having given it some thought, you are quite right. I'll change the stats for that. As yet undecided whether to have it grant Computer research (as vanilla), or Research emp-wide, which would see Subatomic Sims revert to local research as Thunder suggested.

I have an update (patch) planned. There will be a number of additions and changes included. Full list when patch is completed...

thanks again!
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

You're welcome Dafedz. Happy to help in whatever small way(s) I can. :)

Looking forward to the next update!
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Okay, another issue (perhaps more than one?) has popped up...

Playing as the Cardassians, I recently bullied the Halkans into joining me. (Hey, I'm not gonna mince words; that's what I did. I am playing as the "spoon-heads", after all. :mrgreen: ) I had my scout-ship bomb their system for a couple turns till they offered me a membership treaty, which I readily accepted. Yay me!

However, weirdness set in immediately: Upon joining me, the Halkan system's morale was "Disgruntled"...and has since proceeded to sink even further; in another few turns, their system's morale (it's currently at just 58) will be "Defiant". It's as if I conquered the Halkans instead of membering them via diplomacy (never mind that some, ah, forceful persuasion was employed...).

The other strange thing is that I cannot initiate my morale program (State Tribunal) at Halka; I keep getting the "This would have no further effect on morale" message. Given how low Halka's morale is already (as I said, it's currently Disgruntled, and quickly moving towards Defiant), I'm surprised by this. If the Halkan system's morale becomes Defiant, I'm almost certainly going to start having problems. :???:

So my questions are these:

1.) Is the Halkan system supposed to have such low morale upon joining my empire? (And if so, why?)
2.) Why can't I employ my morale-building program when morale is already so low?

Help!!
Dafedz
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dafedz »

Thanks Martok, funnily enough I recently became aware of the Halkan issue myself. I've made corrections to the morale of this race for the patch. Nothing changed however in subsequent testing, but that was probably because the changes didn't apply to an existing save-game. I've yet to encounter the Halkans in a new game to see if they've changed.

I did originally set the Halkans to have a very low morale threshold. This was because the Halkan race (as seen in the TOS episode Mirror, Mirror), were extremely xenophobic, and seemed to respond to diplomacy and aggression with equal defiance. I tried to figure out a way to remove the behavior of them 'asking for membership' as well, it didn't feel right for them, but didn't know how to do it. But in game-playing terms, morale as low as theirs doesn't work very well, as the race becomes all but useless.

Hopefully the issue is fixed now, and will come with v2.4 patch.

Thanks again for your input!
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

You're welcome Dafedz. And thanks for the explanation! :)

So do you have an ETA yet on when the v2.4 patch will be "ready for primetime"? (Hey, you knew I was gonna ask sooner or later! :P ) Just wondering when I can get my grubby little hands on it... :mrgreen:
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Martok wrote:So do you have an ETA yet on when the v2.4 patch will be "ready for primetime"?
I will ask, what version are you playing, multi installer 2.1? or manual install 2.3?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2692&p=42443#p42443
2.3 files are added to version 2.1

might give you something to play with while you wait.

thunderchero
Dafedz
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dafedz »

Martok wrote:You're welcome Dafedz. And thanks for the explanation! :)

So do you have an ETA yet on when the v2.4 patch will be "ready for primetime"? (Hey, you knew I was gonna ask sooner or later! :P ) Just wondering when I can get my grubby little hands on it... :mrgreen:
If you're that keen mate, maybe tomorrow! Need to sort out a couple of things first, and if thunder's willing and able hopefully I'll get an installer for it. :grin:
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

thunderchero wrote:
Martok wrote:So do you have an ETA yet on when the v2.4 patch will be "ready for primetime"?
I will ask, what version are you playing, multi installer 2.1? or manual install 2.3?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2692&p=42443#p42443
2.3 files are added to version 2.1

might give you something to play with while you wait.

thunderchero

I think I'm still with the 2.1 version. I seem to recall having difficulties installing the 2.3 update. :???:

Dafedz wrote:
Martok wrote:You're welcome Dafedz. And thanks for the explanation! :)

If you're that keen mate, maybe tomorrow! Need to sort out a couple of things first, and if thunder's willing and able hopefully I'll get an installer for it. :grin:

Ha. Well of course that would be awesome, but you certainly don't need to rush it out solely on my account. Take whatever time you need, man. :cool:
Dafedz
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dafedz »

I reckon I've taken enough time, its was only really testing, particularly ship v ship testing, that was taking all this time.

Many thanks to thunder for making the installer! Click link to download.

Ultimate mod 5 v2.4

Note: backup your existing folder before installing. Also, you may have to uninstall or reinstall 1.0.2 Multinstaller first.

Notes for v2.4

-Ship repair output has been slightly boosted, in that if you limp a damaged ship to a system with a Starbase the hull will repair more quickly now. The old values of leaving it in a system without a Starbase has remained the same.

-Klingon ships have had to be nerfed, pretty much across the board -- their bangs for bucks firepower beforehand was proving somewhat humongous, particularly with regards to Defence, which was erroneously set much too high (eg, in a battle I experienced, Klingons put 170 Heavy Destroyer IIIs against my 152 Commands, 125 Frigates, and 18 Tactical - and utterly wrecked the lot of them, losing only 31 ships of their own. Oops

-A few building outputs have been changed. Eg, Particle Fountain output increased from 3 Dilithium to 5, Romulan Reman Mine output increased from 3 Dilithium to 5, Vulcan Advanced Fusion reactor increased to +125% Energy.

-Thanks to suggestions by Martok in this thread, changes have also been made to research, namely in the functionality of Subatomic Simulators, and the Daystrom Institute. Subatomic Simulators now provide +20% Research (Local), and the Daystrom Institute 25% Empire-wide.

-Trade-route restrictions have been relaxed. It will now require slightly smaller populations to initialize a trade-route. eg Sol can now manage 2 trade-routes at maximum population whereas before it could only support 1.

-Some of the minor race attitudes have been altered, particularly the Halkans - so much hate! Additionally, a few minors have had their sympathies slightly increased to the more belligerent majors such as the Cardassians, who always found it very hard to get anyone to like them. can't imagine why...

-I had a number of issues with strain on the late game economy when supporting large fleets. So with this in mind I wanted (ideally) to implement a structure upgrade for the Trade Centre - nothing too big, just a little extra cash for end game. As structures can't be upgraded in this way, I came up with a workaround. Single Trade Centres used to boost local credit generation by 20%. Now, those Trade Centres provide a 10% boost - a slight reduction, but later on (at tech 6) a second structure called the Trade Hub can be added to it, which provides an additional 20%. So the pair of them put out a combined 30% bonus to local credit generation, which was the initially desired figure.

-The Shiplist has had a major overhaul. Firstly, number of ships per type has been better standardized, so that each empire has virtually the same ships available per tech level, eg Commands I - IV available at tech 4,6,8,10, are the same for each empire. Stipulations do occur however, one sentimentally making room for a tech 1 Cruiser for the Feds (Constitution), and another later on for the Defiant - still the best Fast Attack ship in the game.

-Also with regards the shiplist, balancing and re-calculation has taken place in almost every statistic. A link to download the shiplist spreadsheet for UM5 can be found at end of post.

-Combat Drone got a nerf. I seriously hate that thing.

-Many thanks to QuasarDonkey for his excellent Taskforce Patch. 18 Ships per task force now supported.

-Several minor typo corrections have been made.

That's pretty much it. Many thanks to Thunder, QD, and all contributors that made this mod possible. For further information and notes, see first post in this thread.

Finally, I include my spreadsheet used to formulate the shiplist. Feel free to enhance it with additional information, functions/formulas, or to augment with dropdown sorting etc, or just to use as a template for your own shiplists.
um5_shiplist.rar
(127.25 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Dafedz
Last edited by Dafedz on Sat May 23, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Huzzah!! Installing now. :grin:
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

awesome :up:
adi
Commander
Commander

Re: Ultimate Mod 5 v2.4 (Updated 23/5/15)

Post by adi »

awesome !!!
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Okay. Now I already knew that star systems in UM5 were generally larger, and that that was especially true for systems inhabited by minor races. (And believe me, I'm more than okay with that. :up: )

That being said...holy crap!!!! :shock:
You can't tell from looking at the screenshot, but the T'lani system will be able to support a population of 855 million (once it's fully terraformed). Given that even in this mod, systems with more than 600 million pop seem to be pretty rare (at least in my experience thus far), that number is simply staggering.

What's even more staggering is that about twenty turns later, I met another minor race whose star system topped even the T'lani's:
I think I just found my primary shipbuilding world (especially given that the Tellarites' structure increases industrial output)...

Fun game!! :grin:
Last edited by Martok on Mon May 25, 2015 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

system generation keeps adding planets to get population above 250 and stops completely above 400; but major home systems and minors don't abide by this rule; so if planets population has been raised you may get some huge minor systems.

Return to “Ultimate Mod”