I reckon I've taken enough time, its was only really testing, particularly ship v ship testing, that was taking all this time.
Many thanks to thunder for making the installer! Click link to download.
Ultimate mod 5 v2.4
Note: backup your existing folder before installing. Also, you may have to uninstall or reinstall 1.0.2 Multinstaller first.
Notes for v2.4
-Ship repair output has been slightly boosted, in that if you limp a damaged ship to a system with a Starbase the hull will repair more quickly now. The old values of leaving it in a system without a Starbase has remained the same.
-Klingon ships have had to be nerfed, pretty much across the board -- their bangs for bucks firepower beforehand was proving somewhat humongous, particularly with regards to Defence, which was erroneously set much too high (eg, in a battle I experienced, Klingons put 170 Heavy Destroyer IIIs against my 152 Commands, 125 Frigates, and 18 Tactical - and utterly wrecked the lot of them, losing only 31 ships of their own. Oops
-A few building outputs have been changed. Eg, Particle Fountain output increased from 3 Dilithium to 5, Romulan Reman Mine output increased from 3 Dilithium to 5, Vulcan Advanced Fusion reactor increased to +125% Energy.
-Thanks to suggestions by Martok in this thread, changes have also been made to research, namely in the functionality of Subatomic Simulators, and the Daystrom Institute. Subatomic Simulators now provide +20% Research (Local), and the Daystrom Institute 25% Empire-wide.
-Trade-route restrictions have been relaxed. It will now require slightly smaller populations to initialize a trade-route. eg Sol can now manage 2 trade-routes at maximum population whereas before it could only support 1.
-Some of the minor race attitudes have been altered, particularly the Halkans - so much hate! Additionally, a few minors have had their sympathies slightly increased to the more belligerent majors such as the Cardassians, who always found it very hard to get anyone to like them. can't imagine why...
-I had a number of issues with strain on the late game economy when supporting large fleets. So with this in mind I wanted (ideally) to implement a structure upgrade for the Trade Centre - nothing too big, just a little extra cash for end game. As structures can't be upgraded in this way, I came up with a workaround. Single Trade Centres used to boost local credit generation by 20%. Now, those Trade Centres provide a 10% boost - a slight reduction, but later on (at tech 6) a second structure called the Trade Hub can be added to it, which provides an additional 20%. So the pair of them put out a combined 30% bonus to local credit generation, which was the initially desired figure.
-The Shiplist has had a major overhaul
. Firstly, number of ships per type has been better standardized, so that each empire has virtually the same ships available per tech level, eg Commands I - IV available at tech 4,6,8,10, are the same for each empire. Stipulations do occur however, one sentimentally making room for a tech 1 Cruiser for the Feds (Constitution), and another later on for the Defiant - still the best Fast Attack ship in the game.
-Also with regards the shiplist, balancing and re-calculation has taken place in almost every statistic. A link to download the shiplist spreadsheet for UM5 can be found at end of post.
-Combat Drone got a nerf. I seriously hate that thing.
-Many thanks to QuasarDonkey for his excellent Taskforce Patch. 18 Ships per task force now supported.
-Several minor typo corrections have been made.
That's pretty much it. Many thanks to Thunder, QD, and all contributors that made this mod possible. For further information and notes, see first post
in this thread.
Finally, I include my spreadsheet used to formulate the shiplist. Feel free to enhance it with additional information, functions/formulas, or to augment with dropdown sorting etc, or just to use as a template for your own shiplists.