I have really enjoyed playing this mod so much that I've been losing sleep! It's really nice to play one of my favorite games again and I appreciate the attention to detail. I've played a few games now and wanted to offer my feedback in case there are future updates.
- I only found a couple true errors and please forgive me if this has already been said. One is that as the Feds, I can't see how many systems I have in the Empire Status if I have more than 100. The numbers (both dilithium systems and total systems) just disappear. Secondly, when I conquer a minor planet or bring them in as a member, if they had previously been a part of one of the other major races, then some or all of their special buildings will show as having been built even though it's an option to put in the queue. It disappears if I build it again (though doesn't show up twice in the list of structures).
EDIT: I played future games (I believe as the Federation) where minor race structures already built were still an option to build in the list. It's been a while but I think I saw someone else posted about this, too.
- The Dominion AI is really weak, and they seem to be the pushover race. Is there a code tweak to make them more aggressive?
- Would it be possible to list all the minor races in alphabetical order in both the Diplomacy Manager and the Relationships Summary? Sometimes it takes me an extra couple seconds to find a race.
- If I start a game with tech Advanced, I only have the option to build the Trade Hub, but if I start anything less and then research Computer Tech 6, I have the option to build both a Trade Hub and the Trade Center (and by the way, the Hub seems to be missing from the UM5_readme.htm). I can't tell if I'm getting more credits as a result of the combined structures. Since making money is never really a problem later in games, I wonder if it's better to just have the Trade Center (+20% credits) at Computer Tech 3 and leave it as that? Or find a way to auto upgrade all the Centers from +10% to +20% credits, but maybe that gets tricky or is impossible to do...
- The small galaxy is certainly not small! I like to micromanage all my colonies and maintain several fleets, etc, and when it takes a week to beat one game on domination playing 4 hours a day on a small galaxy with 100 colonized systems, it hardly seems small! Would you consider making the default small galaxy a little smaller?
Last edited by fallennorthstar
on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:59 am, edited 4 times in total.