Ultimate Mod 5 v2.5 1024 (Updated 15/2/16)

Ultimate Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

thedarklord0
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Re: Ultimate Mod 5 v1, coming soon!

Post by thedarklord0 »

I'm having trouble downloading the mod, it downloads good and seems to install like the other mods. But when you open it it says mss32.dll missing. When i looked in the file folder all that was in there was an au format file, video file, 2 read me html files, stbof file ,stbof.res file, unin000.dat file, unin000 file and an uninstall file. Please help me out been wanting to try out this mod badly.

thanks again thedarklord0
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

thedarklord0 wrote:But when you open it it says mss32.dll missing.
reinstall/install multi installer, you are missing or moved the English.res (this is the backup file for installation)

thunderchero
leidius
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by leidius »

It seems that given enough time on their own the AI will eventually build a mediocre fleet at best. That is of course except the fed. They just refuse to build more than 5 ships the whole game, regardless of the time given. Strange that they are by far the most effected.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

leidius wrote:They just refuse to build more than 5 ships the whole game, regardless of the time given.
Have you installed beta 2?

I just tested 50 turns on impossible tech 5 start each race had build over 30 - 40 ships and race were expanding nicely.

thunderchero
leidius
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by leidius »

Yeah thunder. I played impossible. Everyone is producing except feds. I Mudd opened it up and they were the only one NOT producing any current ships.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

as you see on the replacement beta installer the feds are building. are you sure you installed Ultimate_mod_5_beta2.exe

thunderchero
thedarklord0
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by thedarklord0 »

thunderchero wrote:
reinstall/install multi installer, you are missing or moved the English.res (this is the backup file for installation)

I reinstalled the main muti installer then installed um5 and it works great. Thanks for the tip I probability messed up the original while messing around with the ultimate editor.
And thank you and everyone who makes these mods, been playing since the game first came out. Please keep up the great work thanks again.

thedarklord0
socke
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by socke »

i havent played recently but will report some other observations i made when there is time.

as far as the fleet build up and expansion that TC was talking about, my impression is that the AI in the early rounds indeed does expand at a quick rate and also assembles some degree of a fleet. once they colonized around 15-16 systems though, they abruptly stop. same with the fleet.

in my current game with Fed (me start tech 2, all others 4, impossible, medium map) all AI powers i met had around 15 systems by round 50-70 and a small fleet (25 ships, various types) - i am now 100 rounds on and the situation is unchanged. AI (despite a dom-kling war) doesnt seem to fight each other and doesnt seem to be building ships either. systems are neither colonized nor conquered and AI makes no effort to extend ship range with starbases either.

TC, maybe u can go on beyond those 50 rounds and see what happens?
pal28
Commander
Commander

Post by pal28 »

Hi ultimate mod is a great mod im having no problems with it what so ever the only downside is that the ship textures r those of the original game cant wait for the full version of the mod come out
When will we have another Enterprise-E?
RJF1812
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by RJF1812 »

Hello everyone, this is my first post (on any forum - ever).

Anyway, I think I may have something useful to contribute on the following problem (I hope):
Dafedz wrote:
There still seems to be a debilitating AI issue in regards to ship building and empire development. If any modders out there could take a look and help figure out why this is the case I would very much appreciate it. The orbital battery issue is bizarre. 400? Seriously? I'm at a loss tbh...
I'm guessing this is the same problem that I've encountered where the AI Empires refuse to build any structures on their colonised systems - if I'm wrong stop reading now.

Anyhow, I messed around a bit and found that if I reset the prices of all the main structures (food, energy, manufacturing etc) to 110 credits (the highest price of a lvl 1 structure in orig Botf) in UE that the AI started building again. I've tried this on a couple of different save games that started with the UM5 prices and the minute I changed the values and reloaded the AIs started building again.

I'm guessing that the AI behaviour takes into account the initial cost before deciding to build at certain tech or population level.

Hope that's helpful.
socke08
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by socke08 »

Very interesting observation @ RJF ; the overall industrial build cost of ships has been reduced though with battleships previously ranging from just under 10k to well over 20k. in UM5, even the super battleships cost less than basic outfit heavy cruisers and battleships did in vanilla game.

you might be on track though with the form of cost - possibly the linkage between population support and ship maintenance cost?

also, it appears as if the dominion in UM spreads farther than the other empires, just like the ferengi did in vanilla. in vanilla i also observed that sometimes the AI was quite content with controlling a certain number of systems and then stopped expanding/building colony ships (not to mention leaving planets in colonized systems un-terraformed...)

p.s.: welcome to the world of forums ;)
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

I tried to change some of the Federation ship models using the different ship packs I have. Main reason, I didn't like the textures which are too Vanilla for my liking.
Using UE, tried to change the Scouts type (Miranda Class), what I noticed is that you cannot use the 3 differents Miranda models (TOS Miranda, Miranda without the launcher and the Miranda with the torpedo launcher), having those 3 models for the LVL 1 to 3 upgrades make trek.exe to stop responding.

It's not a model problem, as I tried the TOS Miranda for the 3 upgrades and it did work, same thing with the 2 other Miranda models....where it crashes is if I want at level 1 to have the TOS Miranda, at level 2, the Miranda without the torpedo launcher, at level 3, the one with the torpedo launcher.

Same problem when I try to change the Constitution Class with the TOS Constitution for level 1, and add the TMP Constitution for level 2. The other problem with the Constitution class is that I've overwriten the mod Constitution for one of the ship packs, using the same for level 1 and 2 and trek.exe stop responding.

So far, it's the only mod that I cannot change the ships, add new ones without the trek.exe stop responding....
I checked the pallet and they were at 118 which was below the maximum allowed, so I don't think it's the problem.

Any input would be appreciated
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

Ok, I installed the Mirandas and Constitutions from the ship packs into the mod on my desktop which runs Windows 7 and I had no problems.
I did use a different version of UE (0.7.1dev11e) and what I did differently was where it says Add/Remove ship models, I assigned them to a specific slot (i.e HAA, HAB, HAC, HAD and so on) instead of renaming the slot to H, H_, H__ . Everything works fine on my Desktop....will re-do the same process/using same UE version on my laptop tomorrow morning and see if it clears the trek.exe problem. If the problem still exist then, I know that it's not Windows Vista friendly.

Btw, I like the mod......can't wait to play it in depth
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Army37 wrote:using the different ship packs I have
it sounds like this might be your problem.

for the Miranda without the torpedo launcher, at level 3, the one with the torpedo launcher I used this ship pack
https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/onsc ... ls&lid=178

for TOS Miranda I used this ship pack
https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/onsc ... ls&lid=191

and all displayed properly in research screen and were same scale in combat and all were on same phaser slot (H).

thunderchero
RJF1812
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by RJF1812 »

Further to my earlier post; I've installed UM5 on two different pcs and followed the install recommendations in earlier posts and had exactly the same AI not building problem. Just to clarify I'm talking about the AI not building new structures on colonies - the AI builds fleets normally as far as I can tell.

I haven't really got the time at the moment but I was thinking of gradually increasing the industry costs of the main structures to see if there is a cut-off point where the AI will no longer build.

Return to “Ultimate Mod”