What modification to BotF would you most like to see & w

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

What modification to BotF would you most like to see & w

Post by Peter1981 »

'What modification to BotF would you most like to see & why?'

I hope that this question will spark a few suggestions as to what needs attention in the game mechanics and why.

Good answers would look like:-

'More ship map ranges for higher (future) technology. I would like this because I've added 5 more technologies to the game and would like to extend this with them.'

Bad answers would look like this:-

'More Minors! Becase I've made the map so huge and can't find any when I play. And I don't think this is difficult so I thought you'd just tell me how to do that. But I always destroy any minors I encounter.'

I'm not really looking for suggestions that have been posted on this site before I'm just trying to get a sence of any little minor irritations that need some attention :D

Please be concise with you requests and reasons.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

are you searching for work? I'd have some if you want! :lol:

Back to the topic, that's a great idea!
But why not also collecting the already posted wishes (if any worth), I totally lost the overview about all those suggestions and believe I'm not the only one. ;)

cheers
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I would like to see higher palette count. :P
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

thanks guys keep 'em coming -- i'mloking for some inspiration thought a reckie on what we've got what we need was in order.

Quote Flock
I'd have some if you want
-- go on m8...
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I would also like to see buildings at higher techs as well (but we'e been thru this ;))

Aaaaaaaaaaaand.... extra star types would be nice, hell, even if you can replace one of the existing stellar types with (ding, idea) another star type would be great for a small mod!

(idea) So, lets replace one of the anomalies (radio pulsar) with the Red Giant star graphic and animation, nullify its effects, push the frequency up, and add binary star ani to where Red Giant used to be, edit code for no supernova or edit effect, boom new star type :P
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I'd like to have Star Systems with multiple Stars in it. So a binary System would be really great or even a ternary one would be really cool :)

Y? because it would fit better to reality :)

edit: Star Systems in which life barely is possible would be nice, too. As it now is: totally ridiculous, exaggerated and became even a micromanagement fan's nightmare.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

KrazeeXXL wrote:I'd like to have Star Systems with multiple Stars in it. So a binary System would be really great or even a ternary one would be really cool :)

Y? because it would fit better to reality :)

edit: Star Systems in which life barely is possible would be nice, too. As it now is: totally ridiculous, exaggerated and became even a micromanagement fan's nightmare.
If you want a challenge on that front then why not edit the planet types so M, O and L class planets are like gold dust or get rid of them completely? Hmm, a galaxy full of volcanic, desert or Arctic worlds ... that'll slow things down a little :lol:
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

not the point, but having +400 systems hanging everywhere around is it...

guess I'll check out the star density thread again. I'd be satisfied with at least 5-10% crappy systems

but more important and what I still would like to have is a binary star system :D

any idea how this could be realized?
Mumby
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Mumby »

Dunno whats been mentioned before or what is possible but here I go...

Instead of just a starship name been generated each time anew ship is produced, it would also generate a starship captains name along side it.

Could the randomly generated galaxy be turn off and replace with an accurate map of the star trek universe (I kindof see this as a mod unto itself)

Super Expensive Fergeni Ships that can cloak(its just a matter of latinum for them).
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

intresting points mumby like the ferengi idea (this is probably best done in UE by adding a ship or two.
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

well, reading Mumby post, an idea came to my mind about ferengis... ooor "Pirates" !!!, is ti possoble to modify the monster´s behavior (i think it called like this) to raid systems ???. I would be glad to make some new pirate ships.
Live long and propser
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Im sure it is anjel. One thing that would need to be done I know is editing of some of the monsters code in trek.exe. IIRC i think the locations are somewhere in the forums, either Modding Information, or possible in the Solutions and bug fixes forum. Their action will have to be changed as well (f.e hover around the galaxy, attack systems, I suppose could be changed to raid systems)
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

how many minors could be added?
tutankhaten
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by tutankhaten »

I would like to see a mod based around the times of the ENT series. With the vulcans replacing the cardassians and the Andorians replacing the ferengi - there was a project like that in construction entitled 'Project broken bow', however work on this mod has stopped and i cannot contact the designer; Trelane_of_Gothos.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: What modification to BotF would you most like to see &am

Post by Tethys »

marhawkman wrote:how many minors could be added?
Peter1981 wrote:Good answers would look like:-

'More ship map ranges for higher (future) technology. I would like this because I've added 5 more technologies to the game and would like to extend this with them.'

Bad answers would look like this:-

'More Minors! Becase I've made the map so huge and can't find any when I play. And I don't think this is difficult so I thought you'd just tell me how to do that. But I always destroy any minors I encounter.'
:lol:

Return to “General Chat”