"ST Q&A quiz"

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

he also apeared as himself (or at least without mask ) in DS9: "far beyond the stars"

that makes 3 so far...

perhaps we can puzzle this together
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I remember him in ENT as Archer's advocate... but I have no clue about the episode...
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Well you guys have four so far! Keep going! :D

Transwarp wrote:I have to admit , i dont know, apart from Martok.

I'm surprised, Transwarp. Given you're a big Voyager fan, I was sure you'd know at least one of the others. Even I remember the character! (There's a hint for you.) ;)

KrazeeXXL wrote:I remember him in ENT as Archer's advocate... but I have no clue about the episode...

That's okay if you don't know the episode. (Incidentally, I believe it was "Judgment", if my memory is correct.) I was just looking for the character, and you already answered that part. :)

Also, that was not the only ENT episode in which Hertzler appeared. (Another hint!)

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, the list of characters does not include the "changeling Martok" or "Martok as a Prophet" (in one of Sisko's visions). I just realized I probably should've clarified that up front.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Transwarp
Commander
Commander

Post by Transwarp »

@ matrok: who ever said i was a big voyager fan? I certainly didnt and i think i even declared that untrue in one of my previous posts, because somebody else had also assumed i was.
Transwarp and ...

We are the Borg. Resistance is futile. Your life as it has been is over. Your biological and technological destinctiveness will be added to our own. From this time forward you will service us.
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

I thought you were a Voyager fan as well Transwarp. I thought you said somewhere that it was your favorite series. Guess I read my posts wrong then.
PRIUSQUAM PRAESENS DAMNATUS SALVENS :
HIC HOMO NESCIENS. QUAE FUTURA EST ?

EST PLANE VANUM?
MAGNIFICANDUM?
ERROR AUT SANUM?
O FORTUNA EST!
QUA?
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Transwarp wrote:@ matrok: who ever said i was a big voyager fan? I certainly didnt and i think i even declared that untrue in one of my previous posts, because somebody else had also assumed i was.

That's just the impression I've gotten from you over the months. You seem to know a lot more of Voyager's minutiae and are much more familiar with the episodes than most folks here. No offense intended!
Transwarp
Commander
Commander

Post by Transwarp »

No problem, martok, didnt take it as an offense against me at all. Was just a bit surprised about the assumption.

No, Voyager is the series i enjoyed least, dont get me wrong on this, i enjoyed watching it, but for me DS9 or Enterprise were much better.

:D

Incidentally, anybody know the the last guest appearance of Hertzler?
Transwarp and ...

We are the Borg. Resistance is futile. Your life as it has been is over. Your biological and technological destinctiveness will be added to our own. From this time forward you will service us.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Wow, this one must be tougher than I thought it would be; I was sure someone would have them all by now! Looks like I may need to drop some more hints:

1.) Regarding Hertzler's other role on Enterprise, it was in an episode following his appearance as the advocate Kolos. And it was as -- what else? -- another Klingon. ;)

2.) Regarding his appearance on Voyager, it was an episode of which Jeri Ryan (Seven) was pretty much the star. This episode also featured an actor who's had major recurring roles on both Enterprise and DS9.

3.) In addition to Martok, Roy Ritterhouse, and Laas, Hertzler played a fourth character on DS9. In fact, this was actually his very first appearance, as it was in the pilot episode "Emissary". He didn't get much screen time, but it was a character that Ben Sisko would've known very well!

Transwarp wrote:No problem, martok, didnt take it as an offense against me at all. Was just a bit surprised about the assumption.

No, Voyager is the series i enjoyed least, dont get me wrong on this, i enjoyed watching it, but for me DS9 or Enterprise were much better.

:D

Fair enough. I'll bear that in mind for future reference. 8)
Transwarp
Commander
Commander

Post by Transwarp »

Okay, for Enterprise there is only one more possibility: Ent "Borderland" a Klingon Commander of a Bird of Prey
Transwarp and ...

KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

from the "What actors have transended more than one ST series?" - thread:
or J.G. Hertzler who played Martok blablabla- and even a Hirogen, etcpp
it's not that long ago I watched the episode. It was "Tsunkatse"

well the martial arts part of this episode was laughable but all in all a good and exciting story with well played appearances of both Jeri Ryan and J.G. Hertzler.

Not to forget the stunt-doubles.
Last edited by KrazeeXXL on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

@Transwarp & KrazeeXXL: Both correct! Now we just need Hertzler's character in DS9 "Emissary".
Transwarp
Commander
Commander

Post by Transwarp »

It's the Vulcan captain on the Saratoga. :D

I was so curious to find out, so i just started watching the emissary again.
After one minute or so, during the fight against the borg cube on the bridge of the Saratoga, looking at the Vulcan's face - that rang a bell. I recognized him.

But i will finish watching the episode anyway. Havent watched it in a long while.
Transwarp and ...

Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

That's correct!

In truth, I myself hadn't realized until just a couple years ago that Hertzler had played the Vulcan captain, and I too had to go back watch the Borg battle scenes in "Emissary" to see it for myself. When I did, I actually recognized his voice (I've always found it to be very distinctive) before I recognized his face. It's slightly jarring to see him with pointy ears instead of forehead ridges. :lol:

So to sum up, J.G. Hertzler has played seven characters in Star Trek:

Saratoga's Vulcan captain ("Emissary"), General/Chancellor Martok, Roy Ritterhouse ("Far Beyond the Stars"), and Laas ("Chimera") in Deep Space Nine; a Hirogen hunter in Voyager ("Tsunkatse"); and Advocate Kolos ("Judgment") and a Klingon captain ("Borderland") in Enterprise.

In addition, Hertzler technically played an eighth character, and I would've accepted it as an answer if anyone had come up with it: On the DS9 series finale ("What you Leave Behind"), he has a brief appearance as a holo-suite character in Vic's Lounge. However, since this character had no name or lines (he's simply in the background), it's generally not counted.

Anyway, since Transwarp tied with Krazee for the most answers, plus figured out the final (and probably most difficult) character, I'd say she's earned the right to give us the next question. :)
Last edited by Martok on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

J.G. Hertzler also played a Klingon named Koval in the non canon fan produced "Star Trek: Of Gods and Men".

Transwarp
Commander
Commander

Post by Transwarp »

"Too many rooms" is ... what ?
Transwarp and ...

Return to “General Chat”