Non Profit

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

JeanNYGUARD
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Non Profit

Post by JeanNYGUARD »

Had a idea I was thinking of sharing.

So we have thousands of charities in the world... all serving different purposes. Some for Medical, others for Art, Science, Recreation, etc. What about a Non Profit Organization that supports The Star Trek Fan Community? This non profit would support Communities like this one, BOTF 2, Excalibur, etc. and provide them with a cash reward for Completing a Fan Project.

So what I have in mind for the organization would be something like this:

So imagine you fans want a BOTF mod where you play The Borg in BOTF. You visit The Organizations website... suggest the idea on the forums, vote on it vs. other ideas. When your idea wins... The organization puts out a prize to the first developer to make the mod. Imagine something like $1,000 bucks (Just for example). Then the community goes to town and makes the mod. The fan developers make The Mod... The fans are happy, and the developers get a little something as a token of appreciation.

What do you think?
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Re: Non Profit

Post by ruthlessferengi »

i am sure people will find a ton of legal problems with it (legitimate and not) but in general, separted from reality of our world, your idea rocks. I'd be the first to contribute.
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Non Profit

Post by Dr_Breen »

I'd pay something. 100 bucks a year would be fine for me.

however i think a modding community lives from the fact that it's free to create whatever it likes to and let's other people profit from it without any commitments.
if you're being paid for it you cannot do what you want anymore and that probably takes the fun out of it.

better use this money for infrastructure and stuff
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55

Return to “General Chat”