Super Nova leaves Bonuses Intact

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Super Nova leaves Bonuses Intact

Post by Peter1981 »

Just been playing a game and Malaya's red giant just went supernova :(

however by chance I hovered over Malaya's name on the galactic map and was surprised to see that despite having no planets Malaya has a 15% food bonus!

also I've noticed that when negitive palnet shifts change oceanic planets to barren you can still build aqauculture centres even if there are no oceanic planets left, and you can also build wind turbines.

Does anyone know where in the random events code the (i'm guessing) bits are set to indicate what planets are in a system and visa versa? Not really a major issue I know but this little bug bugs me :evil:

EDIT: I've been testing my assumptions (above) and during one game Mercury changed from volcanic to barren but the Fedz can't build Genesis Research Lab or Wind Turbines in Sol inspite of meeting the technology requirements. So not sure if homeworld systems are exempt or I was wrong to say,
''I've noticed that when negitive palnet shifts change oceanic planets to barren you can still build aqauculture centres even if there are no oceanic planets left, and you can also build wind turbines.''
Saving the game and reloading didn't change this TC. I think SCT and others have mention this bug in passing before.
Last edited by Peter1981 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Super Nova leaves Bonuses Intact

Post by thunderchero »

I am not positive but I think SCT already pointed this out, but iirc it is a saved game issue not getting updated after events and would be tough to correct.

thunderchero

Return to “General Chat”