star trek into darkness trailers

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

pal28
Commander
Commander

star trek into darkness trailers

Post by pal28 »

holy smokes guys the trailer is here for the new star trek film this 1 looks more interesting here is the link to watch on youtube
http://youtu.be/h-rs2v48LZs
When will we have another Enterprise-E?
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: star trek into darkness

Post by Dr_Breen »

oh my god. Jar Jar is doing it again.
and he messes up everything even more
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
geon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by geon »

What the?????

That short makes it look like HALO meets Assassins Creed meets Spaceship Yamato!!!!

Star Trek it aint!!!!!
Lathon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Lathon »

It's a trailer.............how is anyone suppose to know how the rest of the movie plays out?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

I am sure this will bring up some discussion.....

I was doing some reading and found this;

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/169844 ... iler.jhtml

It talks as the possibility of The Villain being Khan? But this is still only speculation.

thunderchero
pal28
Commander
Commander

Post by pal28 »

rumour has it that the villian in the movie is going to be gary mitchell but thats only a rumour not certain for sure
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

*yawn* the Khan rumor is as old as the last movie...

I'm going to watch the new movie just under the aspect to see a good action movie. Nothing more.

The trailer looks impressive so far. I don't expect Star Trek philosophy in the movies anymore. I mean seriously, when was the last time we had something like that? In Voyage Home?

I hope they'll make less obvious logical mistakes this time. I hate that the most tbh.

ST is owned by the Ferengi and we aren't the target audience anymore. At least when it's about new movies. At some time Paramount will realize, that most of us won't buy blu-ray editions of stuff we already own and they'll start a new series.

But for now, they seem to get good money from the action movies. The half-time and attention span became drastically reduced so we have to deal with that fast-food.

The only thing what could rescue ST is a brand new series. THEN and only then they can start making movies to celebrate themselves. But what's going on now? I mean, you have some actors you don't have a connection to. It's going to be more than tough for JJ to create that connection and something that will last.

But tbh, I couldn't care less atm. Better start my own shit :lol:
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I watched the trailer and thought, ah well another action show of these wannabes. This is no Star Trek to me, sry. The whole film is nothing else than a stretching to what's already to be seen in the trailer. And actually I didn't notice a difference to previous movie either. First Star Trek remake I only watched out of bordom when it finally aired on tv and to see what I already knew before.
So I have to fully agree the others hating Abrams for it. This is just crap full of senseless action. :lol:
Actually I'm not looking forward to another series they do if so.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

KrazeeXXL wrote:I don't expect Star Trek philosophy in the movies anymore. I mean seriously, when was the last time we had something like that? In Voyage Home?

That sums up for me why I hated Jar-Jar Abram's so-called "Star Trek" movie (although the logical mistakes you mentioned don't help either). It completely lacked the ethos/philosophy that made Star Trek what it was. The film that Jar-Jar put out was simply a mindless action-adventure romp, nothing more.

KrazeeXXL wrote:ST is owned by the Ferengi and we aren't the target audience anymore. At least when it's about new movies. At some time Paramount will realize, that most of us won't buy blu-ray editions of stuff we already own and they'll start a new series.

But for now, they seem to get good money from the action movies. The half-time and attention span became drastically reduced so we have to deal with that fast-food.

Unfortunately, I'm forced to agree with you...except for one thing. Like Flocke, I very much doubt even a new series will help.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Martok wrote: Unfortunately, I'm forced to agree with you...except for one thing. Like Flocke, I very much doubt even a new series will help.
call me an optimist ;)

albeit the realist in me fears that this may be true. :/
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

It will be a science fiction movie with names we know of but it's no longer Star Trek....Star Trek died with Picard and Archer.
It will be full of special effects, even the story may be good but it will be like watching Mission Impossible from the 60s and Cruise's one man team in his MI movies...only the name remains but the flavor has been lost.

With any chance next JJ Star Trek will be the moon blasting off from Earth Orbit after the Klingons used a huge tractor beam.....a mix of Star Trek and Space 1999....who knows....everything is possible with that guy.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Army37 wrote:It will be a science fiction movie with names we know of but it's no longer Star Trek....Star Trek died with Picard and Archer.
I'd say we're calling it Star Death from now on. ;)
pal28
Commander
Commander

Post by pal28 »

The name of the character has been revealed as John Harrison but who the bloody hell is he iv never seen or heard of him in star trek here is the link
http://www.startrek.com/article/check-o ... ness-image
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

There's a nine minute prologue floating around somewhere for those who are interested. http://trekweb.com/articles/2012/12/15/ ... Tube.shtml

Haven't seen it myself and I shan't be. Star Trek in it's present format is dead to me. :(
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

i have seen it as a preview to the IMAX "the Hobbit"; no space scenes; the Enterprise was in the ocean rusting in the salt water. It looked like an action flick. Maybe Sherlock can save it.

Return to “General Chat”