Post Inside your PC (Bought a SSD)

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post Inside your PC (Bought a SSD)

Post by Tethys »

60 gb, Sata III 6gb, things a beast.

500+mb read 300+mb write speeds, only paid $63 with tax. Money well spent. Oh, and power supply too, but thats not all that impressive... $46 total cause I got the extended warranty...
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Re: Bought a SSD

Post by captaindusk »

Is that an ASUS M4A88T-V EVO USB 3.0 Mainboard? Looks quite familiar. :wink: Have fun with your SSD. :smile:
Last edited by captaindusk on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

SSDs are cool yeah, bought an OCZ Agility3 180GB one five months ago with 500+mb read and 500+mb write.
Went lucky on price, bought it at it's cheapest price for 99€ = 130$ and it runs pretty awesome.
I should have bought more and sold it when the price went up again :lol:

On the other hand I just read many people encountered troubles with OCZ SSDs, hope mine keeps fine. :roll:

Interesting cpu fan construction btw. :up:
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Flocke wrote:Interesting cpu fan construction btw. :up:
yea looks like scrunchies :lol:

Good luck Tet and may you be spared by the bad and ugly Data Loss.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Yes it is a m4a88td-v Evo USB 3.0 Sata III mobo, and the fan construction is a Hyper N 212 with a small exhaust fan tied into the CPU exhaust fan, it just speeds the airflow up through the CPU cooler, the 2000 RPM max of the HN 212 fans pisses me off, with that extra fan they are up to about 3500 RPM. There is also a fan on the Northbridge and one screwed into the rear od the PSU (you can see the clear wire crossing the CPU and power supply)

Surprised noone has given me grief about having Muskin Redlines installed next to Gskill Ripjaws ;)
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

what about a "post the inside of your pc thread" ?
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: Post Inside your PC (Bought a SSD)

Post by Tethys »

This is said thread. You are on drugs. lol
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

well here's mine, love my 2 SSD's as well. I was amazed when i started the PC using them for the first time.
As you may see i don't like noisy PC's, so all the stuff is connected to a big radiator in the top part of the case with two 20 cm fans running very slow.

first pic is a little unsharp :-(

Big: https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379 ... dad998.jpg

Big: https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b379 ... cc7702.jpg
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

Tethys wrote:Yes it is a m4a88td-v Evo USB 3.0 Sata III mobo, and the fan construction is a Hyper N 212 with a small exhaust fan tied into the CPU exhaust fan, it just speeds the airflow up through the CPU cooler, the 2000 RPM max of the HN 212 fans pisses me off, with that extra fan they are up to about 3500 RPM. There is also a fan on the Northbridge and one screwed into the rear od the PSU (you can see the clear wire crossing the CPU and power supply)

Surprised noone has given me grief about having Muskin Redlines installed next to Gskill Ripjaws ;)
Cool. Looks like I'm not the only one buying this baby with some heavily outdated onboard Radeon HD 4XXX onboard chip and running the whole machine with a 500W Power supply :grin:

At least I invested nearly 60 € in the PSU this time. Hope it will last longer than this 15-25 € things which suffer a warp core breach every year and wasting more energy than effectively using it. It lasted for nearly 1,5 years now so I'm already pleased ^^. I would post a pic of the inside of my machine but I don't wanna earn laughter ^^. Cause there's nothing special about it although I assembled it by myself. Ordinary RAM standard coolers. Although I plan to get at least a better CPU cooler for my Phenom II X6 1090T.

It runs fine though and I was very surprised that with my middle class graphics card it runs Crysis 3 on 1980x1080 res, very high details with middle MSAA without any lag or crash. freeze whatever. GPU gets loud as hell but no critical temperatures lags or freezes. Hella cool but I highly doubt that this will still be so when Metro Last Light or Star Citizen will be released. But since I plan on buying a Radeon HD 7850 2GB later this year (Titan is a little to heavy for my budget :eek: ) it could work.

Maybe I'll take some pictures tomorrow but don't blame me for not being special with the assembled interior ;-)
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

show us your PCs soul...
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Dr_Breen wrote:show us your PCs soul...
not a chance......

every morning I just hope it starts up. and wonder what will fail today......

thunderchero
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

thunderchero wrote:
Dr_Breen wrote:show us your PCs soul...
not a chance......

every morning I just hope it starts up. and wonder what will fail today......

thunderchero
Ditto. My damn thing's creaking now. It's 5 years old and last year I had to replace the power pack and double the ram to 4GB just to keep the thing in the game.

Not that there's a great deal to see in mine anyway. It's a big empty cavern with a couple of small boards nailed to one side as a casual afterthought and a few wires :)
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

ah common guys.

finally a bit life in here again...

post some pics of your rigs. Would be fun. i've made some pics of mine and will post something later. Depends on when my stupidphone decides to work again -.-

So yea, better post before me. Just trust me on this one :lol:
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

you know, the one with best pc will sign for ingame demo video recording next time :twisted:

Will see to make some photos of mine later. I rather use my laptop now but there's not much to photograph so I choose my old desktop running fine for over 7, maybe 8 years now. I'm pretty happy it still runs. I have some funny fixes in that too.

Oh and thunderchero and stardust, someone needs to top it worse. :D
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Flocke wrote:you know, the one with best pc will sign for ingame demo video recording next time :twisted:
just say something and send me your stuff over. My Rechenknecht will crunch some numbers for ya. No Ding :lol:
Flocke wrote: Will see to make some photos of mine later. I rather use my laptop now but there's not much to photograph so I choose my old desktop running fine for over 7, maybe 8 years now. I'm pretty happy it still runs.
I hope that my new one will reach that stage of an honored Methusathlon, too.
Flocke wrote: I have some funny fixes in that too.
Can't wait to see that. I'm always picturing the insane guy who used that kinder-hammer to demolish the old chimney... so I'm expecting something really funny. ;)

Flocke wrote: Oh and thunderchero and stardust, someone needs to top it worse. :D
word

Return to “General Chat”