Star trek coming back to tv

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

pal28
Commander
Commander

Star trek coming back to tv

Post by pal28 »

Hey folks have some good news i think gene roddenbeerys son eugene is planning to bring back star trek to tv but dont know when here is the article for you to read

http://1701news.com/node/204/star-trek- ... ision.html
When will we have another Enterprise-E?
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Star trek coming back to tv

Post by Dr_Breen »

Well you have to admit that this is just a simple statement of him. i totally agree with him, that ST belongs back on TV but unfortunatly it looks like there's nothing planed (yet). he just wants to get the discussion about it running again and it looks like there's 2 different companies owning the rights about ST.
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
geon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by geon »

In the article, Eugene Roddenberry says, and I quote..

"I think Star Trek belongs on television, and while what J.J. [Abrams] has accomplished with the movies is fantastic and he's done a great job with the characters and the canon, I think it's really hard to make Star Trek be Star Trek on the big screen," Roddenberry said.

'A great job with the characters and the canon"????????? Has this man seen these films???

And again,

"I think it's really hard to make Star Trek be Star Trek on the big screen".

Okay, there have been some not so good Star Trek films, but there have also been some great ones in the 10 films before JJ Abrams. It's all subjective as to which you like and dislike, but if you have a good script, and go with what's been portrayed before, it shouldn't be that hard.

My biggest fear is that if a television series does eventuate, it will be based on this new movie franchise rather than the traditional Trek we all grew up on.
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

i took Eugenes words about JJ Film, as if he doesn´t want annoy anyone, just be polite, i would have done the same just to let those guys in Paramount think i´m ok with what have been done so far, then if they give me the lead of the new coming series, i will change it for the benefit of the trekkers :)
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

geon wrote:'A great job with the characters and the canon"????????? Has this man seen these films???
haha, my first impression was the same ;)

but then the same thought anjel had, popped up in my mind.
anjel wrote:i took Eugenes words about JJ Film, as if he doesn´t want annoy anyone, just be polite

I heard quite a couple of similar quotes which were made in the last time by various people. Sure, they can't say bad things about JJ ;) Imagine what would happen if Roddenberry's son would say: JJ's movies suck donkey ass or something in this direction xD

Personally, I think ST is dead. Even Roddenberry's son may not change that. Who knows? I remain sceptical. I guess people may have way too high expactations when it comes to this guy. Just because of his name. He hasn't done anything yet. Did he wrote some books? I dunno. It's the very first time I actually hear of him :lol:

Well, it can't get any worse @ST :lol: let him try something, anything. it just can get better from now on. :lol:

With one thing he's def right. the cowboy black/write thing. It's plain annoying and they used this one time too often imho. I actually liked unconventional ST movies way more than those "Khan clones".

well, I said it before. better start my own shit ;)
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

Star Trek may be dead as a movie/series franchise but the pocket books ST universe is still strong....until they change everything and that the book authors start to write only about JJ's Timeline....Star Trek still lives!

Return to “General Chat”