star trek into darkness + spoiler warning

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

pal28
Commander
Commander

star trek into darkness + spoiler warning

Post by pal28 »

Hey folks the so called eagaly awaited film came out today went to watch it and i was dissapointed with the design of the dreadnought class and Engineering looks like a bloody warehouse full of pipes etc has anyone else bin to watch the new film? iv had to make a new topic about into darkness because could not find my old post
Last edited by pal28 on Fri May 10, 2013 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
When will we have another Enterprise-E?
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: into darkness

Post by Dr_Breen »

just came back home from watching it. Well i must say i liked this one. Unlike the first one it had no rough illogical parts (like this red matter stuff in the first one).
Story made sense, set up is sexy and it has a good portion of humor in it as well. Of course it's still not what we're used to, but it's something i can live with. after all...better than part 1.
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
pal28
Commander
Commander

Post by pal28 »

did any of the scene look familiar to you where jim kirk dies? im sure it was meant to be the other way round. the dreadnought was a mess john harrison posing as khan too many familiar scenes in 1 movie it was good the klingons look different aswell because in the orignal series the klingons wer humans but in this film the klingons wernt humans they looked well different without there masks
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

hi pal28,

could you be that nice and change the thread subject and add a spoiler warning to it please?

that'd be much appreciated. I'm sure some of us here haven't watched the movie yet.

Greetz K
pal28
Commander
Commander

Post by pal28 »

[quote="KrazeeXXL"]hi pal28,

could you be that nice and change the thread subject and add a spoiler warning to it please?

what should i change the subject too?
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

uhm original thread name + (spoiler warning) or something like that would be nice.
pal28
Commander
Commander

Re: star trek into darkness + spoiler warning

Post by pal28 »

hows the title now? i changed it
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

cool thx :)
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

haha. a friend of mine asked me to watch the movie tomorrow in the cinema. I said: no way. I'm so going to boycott this shit. ST is dead. I'll watch anything but this Jar Jar Abrams crap :P

Now, we're going to watch Iron Man 3D :mrgreen:

Seriously, I'm not even going to pirate this shit. I just won't watch it. I'm stubborn. And I won't follow this thread in here, too ;) (from now on)
chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

Thought it was good. I was very angry at the cheesy Kirk dying scene though, nearly walked out, but glad I stayed. The girl next to me was a bit wierd, on the Kirk dying scene she burst into tears, full waterworks, tissues, everything!!!! haha.
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

yeha that scene is stolen from ST II one by one. they even hold their hands against the glas as in ST II. What i don't get is, why they didn't just kill Kahn and use the blood of one of his 72 fellas in the tubes.
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

You can hate me now but I think Into Darkness was at least 2 classes better than the 2009 Star Trek movie. Still far away from the prime universe movies (which clearly is no surprise), but I liked this one. :smile:
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

captaindusk wrote:You can hate me now but I think Into Darkness was at least 2 classes better than the 2009 Star Trek movie. Still far away from the prime universe movies (which clearly is no surprise), but I liked this one. :smile:
Totally agree
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

I like the movie.... this movie will make money, like the one before... and it will atract/create new ST fans (e.g. like my son) from most unlikely places... and it will ensure that someone will actually make a follow up series that will last more than 1 season... so I say not bad...the world is full of guys pining for the good old days... what we've got actualy has a future, different from what we were used to but it's a future. so no need to bash jja:)

edit: besides, after movie came out, there spike on website visitor lists.. I even saw nighthawk today, last seen ? year ago? so all is good
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

Here is my review:
The Enterprise is nice; like what you would expect from a sterile environment; a bit to hospital like but i like it. And the chirping sound, i start to like that.
I must reconsider the Vengeance; is interesting to say the least; the bagel like saucer section is cool; and it looks menacing enough.
Klingons look awesome. And so were their punk-steam D-4 ships.
Action, humor, good looking women in short skirts.
The engineering looks more like a refinery than the inside of a star ship we have been used to, but i can live with that.
The story is shallow and cheesy here and there but then so have been the other star trek stories.
One thing i don't like is that everybody talks about shields but did not see them at all; like in TOS movies.
"Sherlock" did ok; i mean he can stay awake through a Vulcan nerve pincer move and several stun shots. That's cool.

All considered, i liked this one.

Return to “General Chat”