GTA 5

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Re: GTA 5

Post by Dr_Breen »

Ok. I'll get it. Will post a review here later.

65GB? Bitch please....I've got fiber here, 1000mbit/s ? no problem. :mrgreen:
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

How fortunate you have 1Gbps. I only have 24Mbps with 45Mbps max offered by my ISP (AT&T Uverse) although in many surrounding areas AT&T has brought their full 1Gbps fiber service. It is literally just a few miles away and soon Google Fiber will be here too with full 1Gbps fiber. Comcast has also said they are planning on offering 1Gbps and even 2Gbps service in my area within a year. I can't wait for full fiber service! Yay!
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Dr_Breen wrote: 65GB? Bitch please....I've got fiber here, 1000mbit/s ? no problem. :mrgreen:

congratz. here have some:

:P
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

Reminds me of this one even if it has nothing to do with the topic. I think it was referring to a spammer named Adred or something years ago. Made by good old eber3. :grin:
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

haha. I remember that one :lol:
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

My first review:

My new graphics card has blown up...i have no clue why :oops: all i heard was a noise (plopp) and then there was this smell of burned electronics... :neutral:
however the game itself looked good and was nice to play for those few minutes i was able to do so. Now I'm waiting for my warranty replacement (which i hopefully will get soon :'( )

perhaps i should just keep the original fan in place...but i hate those noisy vga fans.
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

Damn, sorry to hear that, glad you get a replacement. I nearly finished the game for the third time and I gotta say that after many spent hours with the PC version there are some things that are annoying me, speaking of the technical aspects of the game. I get extremely annoying graphical issues from time to time. I also thought my card maybe would blow up , glad she didn't. The whole screen starts flickering and the graphics dissapear and flicker black, doesn't matter which driver I use. Only a restart fixes this. Temps are ok.

I would also recommend not to add too much own music to the game, as for me the loading time into story mode got extremely long and even crashed the game after approx 45 minutes (!) of loading. Same thing happened when I only inserted a link to the music and not copied the files.

I even had some random crashes (GTA5.exe has stopped working) although I'm using the original retail DVD Version. And a little minor issue with my game pad. I use the dualshock 4 PS4 controller to play the game on PC. If I connect it via Bluetooth and go into aim mode the character doesn't exit the targeting mode anymore which is pretty odd, because when I use a wired usb connection this issue disappears. There is also a general graphics issue with AMD cards and activated MSAA. Then you have graphic issues in a little square in the lower right corner of the screen. Hope Rockstar will fix this soon, as they claimed to be working on it together with AMD since release.

I also have the feeling that the performance decreased after Rockstar's last Patch. Have slight framedrops while driving which haven't been there before.

But leaving this issues aside all I gotta say is "I will" :wink:
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

So, R* is banning people who are using mods now. Esp. when it comes to the very needed FOV mod. Normal ingame FOV is something from 50 to max 80, which is a joke for any PC gamer.

srsly, how can you just ban people who're using mods? ffs. Shit's hilarious!

I was going to buy that game but not anymore. Fuck business practices like this. :/

Dr_Breen wrote:My new graphics card has blown up...i have no clue why :oops: all i heard was a noise (plopp) and then there was this smell of burned electronics... :neutral:
Sorry to hear mate. Didn't you have water cooling? When it comes to GPUs I suggest to buy an EVGA. They've the best support ever.

captaindusk wrote: And a little minor issue with my game pad. I use the dualshock 4 PS4 controller to play the game on PC. If I connect it via Bluetooth and go into aim mode the character doesn't exit the targeting mode anymore which is pretty odd, because when I use a wired usb connection this issue disappears.
I just got a wired X-Box 360 Controller for GTA and Dirt 3 CE. (and whatever may be cool to be played with it). I read quite a bit before aquiring it and there was one thing a lot of people wrote everywhere: don't get the wireless version of the (yea really any) controller.

The reason I bought the X-Box 360 controller is the full windows support. It seems to be pretty much the only controller which is using the Windows API while other brands use some unsupported/unofficial software solution which can be buggy (when it comes to wireless).

Imo, the best solution is just to play wired. This wireless bug (which doesn't occur only when it comes to GTA V) seems to be around for a couple of years now. I kinda doubt that it gets fixed anytime soon.
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

R* bans mod user's? In general? Aside from Cheater's in MP? Dude that's friggin' ridiculous!!! Totally understand you on that. Love the gif :mrgreen:

Edit: Seems Rockstar has apologized and is allowing mods in single player from now on: http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/gta-5-gra ... 85642.html (German)
KrazeeXXL wrote: I just got a wired X-Box 360 Controller for GTA and Dirt 3 CE. (and whatever may be cool to be played with it). I read quite a bit before aquiring it and there was one thing a lot of people wrote everywhere: don't get the wireless version of the (yea really any) controller.
Ok...pretty surprising. I used the wireless 360 Windows Controller for years (2011-2014) as the Dualshock 3 and all similar Windows "Playstation" Controllers never fully worked for me. As you said the 360 offers the best windows compatibility.

Never had any issues with the wireless 360...and I played pretty much anything with it. Besides BotF of course :grin: Only my experience.

Since wiring up the DS4 fixes the targeting issues I'll stick with it. Have a nice evening dude, thanks for your advice and let's have a chat soon. :smile:
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

captaindusk wrote:Edit: Seems Rockstar has apologized and is allowing mods in single player from now on: http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/gta-5-gra ... 85642.html (German)
just read your edit. Well, that's good news but comes unsurprising. One week before there was a major shitstorm going on @paid mods@valve. R*s timing couldn't have been any worse. :mrgreen:

I honestly don't care very much about the online component of that game. At least when it comes to playing with total strangers. Playing with friends on the other side could be really fun.

captaindusk wrote:Have a nice evening dude, thanks for your advice and let's have a chat soon. :smile:
Would've answered earlier if I wasn't so busy and tired. Finally weekend. We could chat a bit in skype if you want.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I still had not the chance using skype. I guess it has something to do with my most recent acquirement of GTA V (retail, social club). I got the game on Wednesday and been playing it a lot since then.

But damn, I need a new graphics card. Glady (more like finally), the new AMD GPUs are going to be released on June 24th. Most of them are going to be rebrands, tho. So, I'm not really sure what to get. Despite the fact that nobody really knows much about the new gen yet. I'm actually thinking about switching to the green team. The GTX 970 seems to be a really nice card. But 360€ is pretty hefty.

One just can hope that pices will drop around July.

Game's great however. Installation took me around 3 hours which was quite insane. But it's definitely one of the best ports I've seen so far. Looks very polished except some minor bugs.

I love the chars and the story so far and the game has really dragged me in. Watch_DOGS really pales in comparison.
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

Yeah installation took like forever, I am glad that it isn't required to change DVD's all the time. That would've bugged me.

Don't worry about skype mate, enjoy the game. I'm a bit jealous I gotta admit because you're experiencing it for the first time. :grin: I have finished the third run meanwhile and am a bit sad therefore. I had many many great laughs because of F, M and T and their storyline.

I felt just the same as you do now.when I played it for the first time. And the second and third. :grin: And I still experience new things that I missed out before. Those bucks were very well spent. Even if it's a bit crazy that I bought it three times for three different platforms. There was enough time in between and I don't regret any cent. :up:

Have fun dude and enjoy the rest of your Los Santos vacation :up:
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

thx bro. I'm definitely going to have a good time. I'm at 50% progress right now. And I'm definitely not regretting buying that game. I just cranked up the OC on my GPU and did some benchmarks. Even get it running with some settings on high @1080p. R* did a pretty good job at optimizing. GPU and CPU wise. The game uses all of my cores. I think that must be one of the first games which actually does. Other studios should finally take notes.

Do you play the PC version with Mouse and Keyboard or Gamepad?

I tried it with my new gamepad at the beginning and failed miserably. It's ok for driving, tho. But pretty horrible when steering characters and doing a couple of things at the same time like looking in one direction and shooting into another (no aiming help). The game is pretty arcady and I've got no problems driving around or fly difficult maneuvers with my new mechanical keyboard (yep, still get a new keyboard each year - hopefully this one will last longer). The only thing which didn't work at all was the yoga session. The anti-ghosting/n-key rollover generated way too much inputs at the same time since you have to hold the keys.
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

Yeah they ported it very good. Seem to have learned quite a lot from the GTA IV porting disaster back in 2008. I hated the delays of the release date but R* used the additional time very well. I have most settings at max@1080p except for FSAA (4x instead of 8x), Long Shadows disabled in Advanced Graphics and Reflection FSAA (4x instead of 8x). Haven't got 60fps (not even close) but it runs smooth and looks way better than the console versions I previously played. Ah yeah and I have post processing at "normal" but that's just because of the graphic issues in the lower right screen. About time that they fix this.

I use the dualshock 4 to play it. Mostly because i played both PS3 and PS4 version with it too. Got no problems with it. I played with and without aiming help. But I play a lot with gamepad. I even finished some shooters with it. Although most PC gamers would call me insane not to use mouse and keyboard for shooters. :grin:

"Namasté Michael!"
"Yeah Nama go f*** yourself" :grin: worked well too.

I saw some interviews with the cast and Ned Luke (The actor who plays Michael) mentioned that his wife's a yoga instructor and he uses that line on her for fun from time to time. He said that it is his favorite line in the game. :grin:

Mechanical keyboard sounds good. Yeah a lotta people play with keyboard and mouse. R* did that well too. Maybe I'll try it out one time but I would need to heavily get used to it. And talking of keyboards I just had the fear that mine went to hell because it went dark and played dead. Luckily it was just the plug that went out the slot. :grin:
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

haven't played the game for a while but this one made me laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--MeKE_OUNU

Return to “General Chat”