GTA 5

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

pal28
Commander
Commander

GTA 5

Post by pal28 »

So has anyone bought the new GTA 5 Game yet? im buying mine for 15 bucks everyone will be of this game for a while
When will we have another Enterprise-E?
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Re: GTA 5

Post by cleverwise »

I don't console game myself. I used to own an Xbox 360 and then it died. However it was just an overgrown Netflix streaming box. I hope you enjoy GTA 5.0 though.
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

15$ for gta V. i don't think so
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
pal28
Commander
Commander

Post by pal28 »

Dr_Breen Wrote: 15$ for gta V.
yes mate $15 for gta im getting rid of all my old games that i dont play so im trading them in for a $31 voucher so i got $31 to use and only pay $15 on top
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I heard they sold copies worth 800 million bucks on the first day, which is truly insane.

hf with the game. Not my cup of tea, tho. Guess, I'm too old for this shit. I'm looking forward to Rome II (when the bugs are solved), Hearthstone and Watch Dogs. Nothing else on my Radar yet.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

GTA 5 wont get played over here until it comes out for PC. We will see how long it takes, I still havent played 4.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

pal28
Commander
Commander

Post by pal28 »

im trying to play it without cheats as i have used cheats in the past its realy a good game when u horn at some women they call the police u can do taxi missions aswell
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

So the PC version is out now and I've just upgraded my machine a bit :lol:

What i wanted to know: isi t worth buying GTA V on steam ( 60$)?

is it any good? or just a waste of money and time?

i just made bad experiences with Battlefield Hardline which turned out to be total crap compared to the previous parts so i thought i'd first ask others for their oppinion about GTA V.
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

I asked to Tethys on facebook, he said it was good but his PC barely runs it.

thunderchero
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

I am sure you need a descent computer to play it well. Especially an i series process like an i5 or i7 which are far better that FPUs than AMD's (who seems to have given up on the desktop cpu market), plus most games seem to prefer Nvidia over ATI. I am not sure what your computer specs are?
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Dr_Breen wrote:So the PC version is out now and I've just upgraded my machine a bit :lol:

What i wanted to know: isi t worth buying GTA V on steam ( 60$)?

is it any good? or just a waste of money and time?

i just made bad experiences with Battlefield Hardline which turned out to be total crap compared to the previous parts so i thought i'd first ask others for their oppinion about GTA V.

I played it on the PS4 this week for the first time. I was pretty surprised about the looks. A colleage of mine recommended GTA V to me, too. He said that it's the best game in years. It's like 10 in 1 games. Seriously, you can take your dog for a walk or talk to a psychologist in there.

[spoiler]in one of your first missions you have to kill Mark Zuckerberg[/spoiler].

It sounds pretty fun. But 60€ is quite a bit of money. Plus they had some installation issues but those were resolved quickly afaik. (however, quite a couple of them are responsible for some bad ratings which doesn't the game deserve)

A 8350 is recommended. Also on the recommended side is a GTX 660/HD 7870 which is pretty much mid-range. So, your rig shouldn't have any problems.

If you're into open world games where you have a lot of freedom to do everything you want to do: it's the game for you. From what I've heard you can get at least 200 hours of Gameplay out of this game.
Personally, I'm going to wait for a sale. But I won't get it on the Steam Summer Sale. This game comes on 7 DVDs (65 GB installed) and I'm not going to download this. That's one of the games I'm definitely going to install from DVD.
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

I have bought and beaten the game twice already (PS3 and PS4 version (PS4 offered an ego perspective just as the pc version does) and am using the PC version for the third run. I never have done so with any other game before. It has alternate endings, so there is a replay value even if you've beaten it already. I totally love it. At least the single player. Exactly my kind of humour. Created an MP Character as well and played some hours but never really gotten into it (yet). Graphics in PC Version were pretty stunning to me considering PS3 and PS4 Versions, although the game's not that new anymore.

Although there Is a huge and very good soundtrack already (a trademark of the GTA series if you ask me) I also love the ability in the PC version to add your own music to the game and turn it into an own radio station with ingame news and commercials in between. You can also play just the plain tracks.

Love cruisin' around LS with some J Dilla and SV tunes comin' out the radio.

But i don't wanna wake too high expectations as I know enough people who like it but can't believe and are annoyed by the hype it created. I would call it one of my all time favorites but one of the best games ever? Judge for yourself.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

hey cd,

have you tried out that cinematic mode yet? I heard cool things about it.
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

Hey K,

Not that often but every once in a while. Looks very cool indeed and matches the name cinema but gameplaywise I prefer the standard camera or the ego perspective. I'm gonna try it out more often outside of missions. Maybe I just have to get used to it.

Return to “General Chat”