Something i've never seen

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

TheBossInTheWall
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Something i've never seen

Post by TheBossInTheWall »

Specifically the line that reads:

"Ennan Production Bonus: an additional Type I Mass Replicator was constructed."

I've been playing BotF for a loooong time and I've never seen that, at least i'm 90% sure. Does anyone know how often this can happen/how to make it happen?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Something i've never seen

Post by thunderchero »

Yeah I have seen it before, ircc it is a random event based on morale (can not find topic on subject right now)

How to duplicate/increase chance? That would be tough if there is a bit mask for this you could increase value but still would require high morale.

But needless to say it is rare.

thunderchero
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Yeah, I've seen that before as well (although as 'chero noted, it's fairly rare). It only occurs in systems with high morale, and only when random events are enabled.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Martok wrote:Yeah, I've seen that before as well (although as 'chero noted, it's fairly rare). It only occurs in systems with high morale, and only when random events are enabled.
This. In twelve years I've seen this three times. To be fair, it might have happened more often, but I weren't paying attention. I think my empire morale was Fanatic each time I noticed.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

ah, the beauty of playing with randoms on. great feature esp. in late game when you've got high moral anyways and just want to finish all of the buildings quickly.
thunderchero wrote:Yeah I have seen it before, ircc it is a random event based on morale (can not find topic on subject right now)
I think it isn't covered.

thunderchero wrote:How to duplicate/increase chance? That would be tough if there is a bit mask for this you could increase value but still would require high morale.
there are a couple of "bit masks" regarding random events. Perhaps this is one of them. Just wasn't covered because people tend to play with randoms off most of the time anyway and seldomly seen it.
Badbru
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Badbru »

I'm pretty sure you don't need random events turned on for it to happen. Maybe for the message about it happening but not for it to happen. Why, because this happens all too often for me. Long ago I read through one of Gowrons post which explained the value, or bonus, of having numbers of buildings equalling a number that devides evenly into 100: 2, 5, 10, 20, 25, & 50. When you have structures totalling this many, you get a bonus because of how the code calculates output. Depending on TL sometimes its better to have 25 construction yards than 26 for example. Or perhaps you could build and fill 30 but you might be better staying at 25 and adding 5 intel buildings etc.
So I get really annoyed when half my systems end up with 11 construction yards or universities or intel structures when I know 10 gives me a bonus. Particularly if the 11th isnt even filled. I get no value from the unoccupied 11th structure and I loose the bonus becuse now total structures dont devide evenly into 100. I hate it when systems take it apon themselves to build an extra structure. Wish I could disable this little "Bonus" (sarcasm)
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

i agree with Badbru; no special events needed; it happens pretty often; especially when you have 50+ system with fanatic morale; but sometimes i get universities in systems i haven't built any so i have to delete them to get rid of the upgrade option in the build queue; by that time with so may systems one university does not mean much and i do not want to spend 9 turns making it a level 9.
all this in in UDM III.

Return to “General Chat”