Star Wars: Episode VII poster

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Star Wars: Episode VII poster

Post by Martok »

Not sure how I feel about this:

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Re: Star Wars: Episode VII poster

Post by cleverwise »

So the Star Destroyer had a run in with the Defiant.
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

more like with the borg; that looks like the aftermath of a cutting beam;
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I'm not sure how I feel about SW at all atm. I got excited over 1313 and now as it got cancelled... -.-

SW has so much potential to be cool. such a stupid move to turn it into a show for kids. And with Disney buying it, I'm afraid it might follow this trend.

But after seeing Tron Legacy which was a damn fine movie in my book, I feel that there isn't anything lost yet. I hope they'll be able to catch the original spirit somehow and make it cool again. SW is timeless and for all ages. Not just for children -.-

The poster looks interesting. Makes me hungry for moar. :)
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

Is this real? First time seeing it. Why would it be return to the stars? I don't get it. They were always in the stars. Why would they have to return?
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

Yup it is real. Disney bought the rights and is producing a new trilogy that takes place after the original SW trilogy. How ever JJ Abrams seems to be the main lead so I am not expecting much as I am not a fan of his works.

He totally screwed up ST IMO and he will probably do the same to SW.

Jeremy
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

I don't think Disney will let JJ do what he did to Star Trek. Star Trek and Star Wars is mainly popular because of us geeks. If they try to do the 90210 route like they did with Star Trek, Disney can kiss it's Star Wars land good buy. Us geeks will not want to go to Disney Land/World to visit then.

Star Trek needed a reboot because of crappy movies being made, and fan interest waded so they tried to reinvent the wheel to rejuvenate Star Trek. Star Wars doesn't need that. Even with the Pre-quels Star Wars doesn't need to be rejuvenated or reinvented.
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

Well, obviously, we will see but Disney just wants a successful set of movies. So I can easily see them allowing JJ to do whatever. I do know JJ's ST reboot did well with non Trekkies/Trekkers.

His Fringe show is still humming along too. I have low hopes for SW under his watch. Still we shall see maybe he will surprise me.

Jeremy
BenMaxwell
Ensign
Ensign

Post by BenMaxwell »

hey he might surprise us AGAIN and make ANOTHER sequel to star trek into darkness. I know he did an awesome job with that, and hes got another show, (spy) show called Alias if anyones seen it. Its pretty freakin awesome, a woman spy that kicks butt. xD
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

he should've sticked to Alias and LOST.

Not going to watch those movies now that I know this guy is making them. boycott him anywhere!!!11

I'm just leaving that here:

Star Trek is broken… and Star Wars VII will be too. The corporations are attempting to cut the idealistic heart out of American culture of the late 20th century.

“Star Trek” writer unleashes Khan-like wrath on Trekkies
BenMaxwell
Ensign
Ensign

Post by BenMaxwell »

well, we all know now who the major JJ Abhrams hater is :P. (bubble burster)
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

BenMaxwell wrote:well, we all know now who the major JJ Abhrams hater is :P. (bubble burster)
Eber3?

srsly... I gave Jar Jar a chance. Longer as other people did here. I didn't let bias my viewpoint by anyone until I watched the movies. I wished they would've been better.

If this makes me a Jar Jar Abrams hater then so be it.

Idgaf
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

Well count me in too. I watched the first Star Trek movie he did and thought it was terrible. I couldn't believe what he did to Star Trek. I know it wasn't going to be the same after all it is his vision. I agree with the Linux Action show shirt that talks about JJ destroying your childhood. I also watched some of his Fringe show. No thanks. So I stand with KrazeeXXL on JJ.

Jeremy
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I accidentally watched the first Star Trek movie too...
in tv 3 years after it was shown in cinema and even that it wasn't worth :dwn:
I do not care on JJ movies, they are like an unrelated comic show of what Trek really is.

btw above image looks almost like that ship shoots itself and thereby cuts it's hull, how silly :roll:
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

Actually the first reboot Star Trek isn't that bad. Take Star Trek out, and it's an ok movie. After hating it the first time, I just took it as a sci-fi movie as a non Star Trek movie and it was ok.

Then again, TNG sacraliously disregarded the colour of shirts (was there ever an explanation of why they changed the shirt colours?), that caused a lot of butt hurt in the beginning if I remember correctly. It didn't actually become really good until season 3. Only time made TNG an awesome season.

I actually like Into Darkness. Then again I took it as it was. Star Trek 90210.

Also if it wasn't for JJ, Star Trek X Nemisis would have been our last Star Trek movie. Now that is an abomination more than anything JJ could have ever done.

Return to “General Chat”