In The Sky Is It... A bird? A plane? Its your Amazon order.

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: In The Sky Is It... A bird? A plane? Its your Amazon ord

Post by Flocke »

@amazon & dhl, really, when they aim to deliver quick and efficient, they rather should use some planes and throw the packages down with a parachute
that'll do better specially for long range in outer regions
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

true,

esp. when you think about the fact that we already have a good laser aiming technology. But this idea has a couple of flaws.

You can drop stuff at a specific area but not anyone in a specific area will get orders at the same time. Well, you could avoid that with dropping packages from sub-orbit, tho :lol:

A drone on the other hand is flying from a center to its destination. It'll get equipped and will start its flight. If you think that through: a much better solution. Altough I imagine the traffic in the sky to be very high. And now imagine that we'll might have some fancy flying cars in the future, too. ;)

"whoa shit. just hit another one of those darned amazon drones." - robotic voice: "you'll bzzzzdd get crshhh sued meeep"
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

yeah but these planes can be small drones too, and they are fast
Plus I rather have a package with parachute in the garden than a broken helicopter drone fall down!
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

your and my opinion don't matter ;)

Drones will come no matter what. They'll be used to spy upon us, so it can be found out what we like and then it'll be sold and delivered to us.

Soon, they'll be common and we'll forget the times when we had skies without them. I can imagine us talking as old men: "Do you remember the times when there didn't were any drones in the sky?" - "rly? was it any different - ever?"

Most special police unit have them already. They're much cheaper than a helicopter after all. And you don't hear them. It became a lot quieter in my city in the last year. Usually, when Dynamo played we often had up to 3 helicopters flying around here and they were so damn loud. I tell you...

Now, it is so quiet. For quite some time. The first time they officially used one was on 13th February this year. The official reason was: to de-escalate the masses.

In 2011 they had 3 helicopters flying around all the time. And I was inmidst the people. It was a very tense situation on both sides. This year, it was entirely different. Much less violent, too. Also no cat and mouse games with the police anymore.

They had much better control of the city and the situation itself. And they let us feel...

I could tell another story about drones and surveillance and how people don't cope up with that. But I already written enough. It's happening for real. And there's nothing we can do about it.

Absolutely nothing.

You know why? Because drones are cool. heck, even a friend of mine built one this year. (some quadrocopter with a cam which he flies around in his garden)
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

Yeah they are here and start pretty inexpensive too for advanced gear, ie: things like http://www.parrot.com/ Those have multiple cameras and are super easy to fly and this is just what average Joe's and Jane's can buy. So imagine what governments and huge corporations can get.
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Drones eh? Good, I needed an excuse to buy a new and more powerful slingshot. :twisted:
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder

Return to “General Chat”