Forum Pulse: To Accept Global Surrender Or Not?

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Forum Pulse: To Accept Global Surrender Or Not?

Post by cleverwise »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The idea behind the "Forum Pulse" series is to get a better understanding of those that make up this community.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topic: When playing BotF and you control a large part of the map the other powers will agree that you are the dominate power and the game asks if you will accept there surrender. So do you? Or do you say heck no and keep playing until you have manually conquered the entire map?

Lead Off:

Heck no! Unless I am playing the Federation and the morale issue is getting to be a problem. I like controlling the whole map myself (or in an alliance with one other power).
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Forum Pulse: To Accept Global Surrender Or Not?

Post by Flocke »

Usually I do not even play to the domination win message anymore (and I rarely play it anyway).
Once the enemy force is broken or mine too strong I just know I've won the game. :neutral:
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

This message always appeared when I had the most fun in a game. Needless to say that the games weren't over for me at this time yet. But when the AI gave up, it often killed the fun in this game for me. I usually stopped playing a couple of turns after receiving it. Just made no sense to continue and the AI often seemed stunned, too.

I remember only one time where I accepted it ever. It was that game where I achieved the economic victory with only one little scout vs scout battle in it. Originally, I played it further but then I loaded the savegame, where I got the surrender message, to see if I'd get a better highscore. Usually I don't care about the score but in this case I did. This game was utterly brilliant and definitely ok to stop it at this time. The victory seemed earned and I felt as it was really done.

But this was just one time in many, many games.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

most of the time I ignore this message and finish my domination of the galaxy :cool:

but this message is set to appear at 60% and can be changed.

viewtopic.php?f=227&t=1331

thunderchero
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

I pretty much always accept the "lesser" victory (although like Flocke, I also frequently quit a game before reaching that point). I don't have the patience to conquer the entire map, as it's mostly just mop-up work anyway.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. It depends on how the game's panning out. If everything's smashed and broken I'll accept. If I've got a serious opponent to deal with still or having a day where I'm just sitting back and seeing just how much damage I can do with intel alone then it's another matter :)
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder

Return to “General Chat”