A new build for testing of ST BOTF2

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

KennethOfBorg
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

A new build for testing of ST BOTF2

Post by KennethOfBorg »

tenoh
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Re: A new build for testing of ST BOTF2

Post by tenoh »

really cant see any links there,just says closed group. Just post the link here.
Reginald
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Reginald »

well, BotF2 is a fork of Supremacy and so you have the choice which one you want to test, however they're 99,9% identical (well, only the code, not the images and the data like Starting ships and more..)

however...BotF2 can be downloaded now via http://botf2.square7.ch/homepage/ -> top left there is a full download (270 MB) and above an optional Update

- extract the full download into a folder you wish and start "_BotF2.bat" or SupremacyClient.exe directly

- if you want to you can update by copy the Update file into the same folder and "overwrite all"...using updated files. Mention that some virus programs do checksums to files and updating means replacing files with modified one's. So virus programs might report an alert but there isn't real problem (hope you don't put it into "quarantine"). If you want to deny such alerts just don't use Update file.

[hr]
To be honest to Supremacy I try to list a timeline here http://bote2.square7.ch/regwiki/index.p ... macy-BotF2 but as there are some different features it can't be said atm which one is the better one (completely independed from release time) - just try both is the best way to find it out :mrgreen:
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

Is single player any good in Botf2 and Supremacy?
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
Reginald
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Reginald »

single player...well, not really because of the missing enemy/AI.

But if you want to get an impression of the game and to be your own emporer - it's quite nice. Expanding and many other things are working - it's worth to have a look for some few hours.

All info I collected yet for the game is at BotF2-Wiki....most is the same for both versions....just look here http://botf2.square7.ch/wiki/index.php? ... ow_to_play

If a crash happens just think about the automatically "Autosave"-file

Another way is to start with a multiplayer game...we did several one's :smile: (just PM me)
Just suggest a time at weekend...if KennethOfBorg (USA) shall join in, here is an option http://doodle.com/itssissaig7rq4at , if it's just Europe, we don't have such a big time delay :smile:

[hr]
btw, here is our BotF2 forum
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

Thanks for the feedback, Reginald. I think I will hold off until (and if) there is an AI.

Thanks again.
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

There is no better AI than a human. :)
And when there is an AI it for sure is no better than the programmer that made it - if not cheating.
Give it a try and have some fun in mp, these dudes are easy to beat. ;)
Reginald
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Reginald »

I hate Flocke winning in MP several times :evil: :evil: ...still looking for an own victory :oops:

but seriously: Flocke is right that MP makes fun :up: (additional audio connection via skype)

Return to “General Chat”