Warhammer 40k

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

djaldo
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Warhammer 40k

Post by djaldo »

Does anyone think that 40k version of botf might be cool? Space Marines, Chaos, Tau, Orks, Eldar and Tyranids (like the borg were in botf). I think this has great potential, but I think the minor race part of the game might have to be removed.
Duflux
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Warhammer 40k

Post by Duflux »

I love 40k, this is a great idea. You wouldnt need to get rid of the minor races.

There can only be 5 major races, the races not chosen as major could fill the places of the minors and the books and sagas tell tales of may other minor races. Tau for example would love incorporating minor races.

However we would really need someone really passionate about the lore and getting the balance right combined with the skill to be able to produce such a mod. Alas i'm unsure if that exists...
Someone once said, a good time happens precisely when we lose track of what time it is...
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

No. I don't think it's a good idea. 40K is mostly about being on the ground. It's ground units that make 40K, not the space units. Never played Battlefield Gothic so don't really see it that exciting.
Duflux
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Duflux »

Your kidding right? Battlefleet Gothic is incredible, there are such a diverse amount of ships and factions and the rules aint that shabby either. I agree 40k is renowned for it ground combat, so perhaps the title of this subject should have been battlefleet gothic.
Someone once said, a good time happens precisely when we lose track of what time it is...
djaldo
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by djaldo »

Totally on for the battlefleet gothic. I have most of the codexs as pdfs so I would love doing the race info stuff but wouldn't have a clue how to do any of the other stuff.
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

If I am reading the fluff correctly, how do you move in space? How are you going to put the "Warp" not Star Trek warp but 40K warp into the game? Tech is backwards, so how do you really research things because 40K doesn't advance. You basically have what you have, nothing new is ever made, so there goes research.

I am not saying BFG is a bad game, I am saying it's bad to be made into a BotF game. It would not feel 40kish at all. Too many things would need to be changed to play 40K in BotF game. Just doesn't work. If I am wrong, please correct me where I am wrong.
Duflux
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Duflux »

We imagine that the warp they travel through is simply they way they move from sector to sector, much like the Fluff. They enter the warp and appear at there destination. If there intercepted or hit a neutron star, that the perils of using the warp, sometimes bad things happen.

Other races would vary of course, Eldar and dark Eldar Fluff states they use webway portals, which is fine, we imagine them using webways and doing the same as the Imperium. Tau skim across the universe not utilizing the warp at all, but using a kinda faster than light technology. Similar to Trek i suppose. I could go on..

The Advancement would be tricky, but we just tech them up as normal, giving the races the lesser items first and slowly give them the better stuff. No Games workshop fan would really bark at that, they would just be grateful there was actually something out there that can be played as BFG on a computer.

If a mod was made all the fluff would have to be correct and a MASSIVE amount of time making the models for the ships, which would be a nightmare i imagine as they are quite varied, but the information is out there. Its an idea that if happened would draw a lot of people if word spread, but again, its never going to happen, its far too time consuming and would need a fanatic of GW lore and modding skills to compliment it. :(

Return to “General Chat”