Star Trek Attack Wing

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Star Trek Attack Wing

Post by HsojVvad »

http://wizkidsgames.com/startrek/star-trek-attack-wing/

I can't remember if I made this post or not. Damn CRS. Anyways, for those who don't know what Star Trek Attack Wing is, it is a miniature game, like Star Wars X-Wing. While not to scale, crappy minis, I believe they are using the Heroclix minis for it, me and my son had a blast playing it. They are starting to get more and more out. I haven't gotten past the box set, since I try and go buy one, I see how ugly some of them are, I ask myself, do I really want to pay $16 (Canadian) for a bubble gum space ship? (Go figure, I will give GW $100 that costs about a $1 to make. I guess because I see the high quality in X-Wing that I am disappointed that Wiz Kids is taking the cheap route to the game and for the same price, grrr....)

While yes you get more than the mini, you get cards and tokens it does look really fun. I thought I might buy more, thing is no body plays around where I live, so it's hard to get excited about something when not to be able to share with friends, so I thought why not try the forum where we all love Star Trek.

Anyone else play this game? If so how do you like it, and what do you collect? I am thinking even if I don't get to play much, but if I get to share the excitement with fellow forum members, I might consider buying more. So anyone else want to get into the hobby with me?

*edit* They even give you the rules for free via PDF.
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Star Trek Attack Wing

Post by Dewbacca »

Seems interesting from a collectible point of view, more so of course if they made better models.

I doubt I would get involved in it, I got involved in the Star Trek CCG (Star Wars as well) from Decipher and spent WAY too much money on cardboard.

Kinda broke me from collectibles...

Return to “General Chat”