New ST Series in corporation with Netflix (rumored)

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

New ST Series in corporation with Netflix (rumored)

Post by KrazeeXXL »

HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Re: New ST Series in corporation with Netflix (rumored)

Post by HsojVvad »

If it's based on JJ's time line, no thank you.

I would have LOVED the Sulu Years. Maybe a mini series of Captian Riker aboard the Titan would be nice. Maybe a Worf mini series as well.

Or do something very drastic in the grim and darkness of the New Battlestar Galatica and have a mini series of the captured crew of the Enterprise C. Tell me those Romulans wouldn't be heroes for bringing home the "Enterprise" back to Romulas.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I'm not interested in any mini-series. Make a whole one as in the old times or let it be.
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

I agree if it is JJ's version count me out.
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

KrazeeXXL wrote:I'm not interested in any mini-series. Make a whole one as in the old times or let it be.
Reason I say mini-series is because it's on Netflix. Also we can have than one series. More variety instead of just 4-7 years of one thing we can 4-12 episodes of a variety of Star Trek. I think this is one of the reasons why Enterprise failed. Too much Star Trek and people were thinking not another 7 years. It wasn't really given a chance. This way we get a little bit of Star Trek, in small doses instead of years and years and mediocre episodes. if we have 4-12, each episode should count instead of trying to make it week to week just because.

Also if the ratings go down they can move on to a new series. Seems like when ever ratings need a boost a certain TNG character makes an appearance. No not Q but Riker. :P

This way we don't have to have Commander, I mean Captian Riker making special apperiances on the episodes to try and get ratings. :P

Still that being said, I would love Star Trek:Titan.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

fuck ratings. take a look @ SGU. They only cared about ratings on that show and see how long it lasted.

Every ST Series struggled at some point. ENT just wasn't innovative enough. The entire Xindi story arch was way too long. It was somehow a pain to watch - constant pressure episode after episode. Nothing trivial or fun to fill in between. The episodes should've been more about tech, science and exploration imo.

A mini series is just there to hunt for ratings. Nothing more. I've seen quite a bit of those and while they are fun for a couple of weeks or perhaps even months, they're nothing substantial.

It's nothing a hardcore ST fan will talk about even 20 years later. Hell, the BSG mini series was kinda good but I can't even remember its name xD

Reason I say mini-series is because it's on Netflix.
Watch Orange is the New Black. Netflix series. Nothing mini about it.
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

Enterprise had many issues. First taking away the Star Trek name for the first two years was a bad idea. Many people didn't even know Enterprise was Star Trek. Second the company in charge of promoting the series did a poor job and was actually sued. I watched Voyager every week and until the last show I didn't even know there was going to be a new series. Where was the media blitz promoting Enterprise? No where to be found. Third the show was moved some so the time slot wasn't as stable as other Treks.

Also I totally agree the whole Xindi affair took way to long. The time war was silly too (that's putting it nice). The series was getting better under Manny Cato's direction but unfortunately there just wasn't enough time to recover. To bad. He ended the time war quickly. I did like the explanation of the way Klingon's look in TOS. Plus the reverse universe was an interesting side story. Also the fact that many humans didn't care for outside races was interesting. After all in Enterprise the Federation didn't exist and the population of Earth was still in transition to the later Treks. So it made sense many humans would protest. That is the kind of thing I would like to have seen. There were many interesting possibilities like the Vulcan and Romulan story, Earth growing closer to Andoria, forming the original Federation, etc. All that could have been interesting to watch but it wasn't to be for Enterprise.

Personally I am thinking it would be interesting to see a Trek series told from another POV like the Romulans.
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
HsojVvad
Commodore
Commodore

Post by HsojVvad »

That would be great seeing from a Romulan point of view. Too much Klingon would love to see the Romulan version of Kirk.

Return to “General Chat”