Brainstorming a new complete conversion mod

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Brainstorming a new complete conversion mod

Post by Dewbacca »

I've had an idea floating around in my head for a while. I think the potential is there with our current ability to mod BotF but I'm not really sure where to toss the idea out for suggestions and brainstorming. So if there is a better area, maybe one of the Moderators can relocate it with my thanks.

The basic Idea is to remove Races from the Major Empires. 5 competing Human interests vying for control of space with minors also being human but having some "social modification" with their special buildings.

Cloaking would be removed from the game, but special ships beyond tech advances could be introduced thru minors. PERHAPS cloaking can be tweaked enough to allow for sensor advances interacting with them and allowing for detection/ defense. But Cloaking as BotF mechanics go doesn't work imho.

For the most part I like the basic ECM 3.0 with the no building mod type tech advances. Any other ideas which smooth gameplay we can think of?

New building types and extended research levels might make for an interesting build over time that allows with Minor buildings very DIFFERENT social, economic and philosophical empires, or any combination of the three. (think Civ/ Alpha Centauri).

We COULD do it with more of a Trek theme and use human factions seen in the series, but I'd like to give this communities modelers a chance to shine and build new models if they like... or repurpose old models without canon restrictions.

Ideas? Thoughts? Rotten tomatoes?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Brainstorming a new complete conversion mod

Post by thunderchero »

if I understand you, I had some what the same idea a couple years ago. based on UCW all 5 majors would be Klingon

house of Duras,
house of Gowron,
house of Matrok,
house of Gorkon,
house of K'pek.

not sure how you would spilt it up for humans/federation. :wink:

thunderchero
Dewbacca
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dewbacca »

If we were sticking with the Trek theme we could go Alternate Universe of a Borg Shattered Federation. Or the funky parasite thing they killed in TNG we never heard back from. Perhaps it succeeded in dissolving the Federation. http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Conspiracy_(episode)

Majors?
Scorpio/parasites
Section 31
Maqui
Vulcan styled (led by?) Pacifists
Andorian faction...

That would still include races, yours would at least keep comparable ships.

No, I'm thinking all Human, equal footing for all 5 Majors.

Scout class and a Cruiser class updated regularly via tech, with all destroyer thru Assault cruiser coming from membered minors.

Same with Colony ships and transports, updated via tech, some specials thru minors.

Otherwise all 5 Major would have identical ships, in stats if not models as well. They all come from one parent human race that collapsed and they are picking up the the pieces from a shattered empire. So at least in the early stages there would be no difference in opening moves. Ships and buildings are equal for all 5 majors.

When things start to change is when you member/ conquer the minors. Then the various effects would start to shape the game overall. We play to Strengths of each Major now with moderate effect from minors now. This would force the player to adjust the style of play not only for minors they encountered, but also the other majors would be less predictable without knowing more of their "influences"

On UDM3 right now I have a capitalistic, militaristic Klingon Empire that I could not quite manage to pull off with the Feds. Research is strong, but diplomacy (morale bonuses) is weak. If I were the Feds on this map in this starting location, I would have failed. Any other major race has the militaristic stance that could adapt, not the Feds.
pal28
Commander
Commander

Post by pal28 »

How about adding the parralel universe from the Terran Empire as Human Race that would be cool
When will we have another Enterprise-E?
Weedwacker
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Weedwacker »

Look into the show Firefly for some good inspiration.

1. Colonial Alliance- After many years of colonization of fringe worlds, settling down and paying tribute to Sol, they've broken the chains of bondage and have embarked on creating their own laws and goverment.
2.Sol Systems- Where humans first left the ground. They claim to be all that is holy but in the end the powers at be get what they want through fear and control, being the mother planet science is at the highest at starting game, and their Royal Navy ships are very elegant.
3. Mining Guild- Prisoners make up much of the Mining guilds ranks, they operate out of a liberated mining facility deep in a asteriod field with a nice collection of converted work vessels now used to protect their new found freedom. Much of the galaxys darker individuals have rallyed to them.
4. Asian Co-Op-Made up of mostly Chinese descendants, Asians have taken home to Zeta Alpha and populated two of the habiat planets in the systems and have such flourished in their own right. They provide much commerce to the galaxy and use small parasite fighters favorably
5. League of Mutants- Outcasts and cast aways. Many talents can be found in the league due to the unique populaton, very rag tag group.

ok who hates it lol
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

mutants... pretty clever, i like it:)
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry

Return to “General Chat”