slow turn processing testing

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: slow turn processing testing

Post by thunderchero »

after a few more inconclusive tests I will be no longer be testing this.

results summary;
As I stated in first post here is errors found by Freefalcon of falcon 4 source code
thunderchero wrote: 110 Errrors Total (Critical Memory Handling Errors)
56 Kernel Resource leaks Errors.
53 Memory Leaks
1 Memory not deallocated
1 Mismatch allocation/deallocation
so It looks like it just could be 0.5 sec per error and they just keep adding up as game progresses.
and since we will never see the original source code to make these types of corrections, we will just have to live with slow turn processing.
btw, over the years I personally have attempted to contact Atari, Hasbro, Infogrames, and each person listed in credits (engineers, programmers ect). If they responded, they stated no such file existed anymore.

If anyone wants to continue testing feel free to post your results here.

thunderchero
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I have no worry some time we can address that issue by identifying the responsible asm subroutines for the leakage and reprogramming it. afterall replacing the whole turn processing calculation should do. :)
it's sad though there are so many memory bugs with Falcon4 8O
jlberner13
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by jlberner13 »

i tried searching the forums (in between turns)...just wondering if there was any update or improvement to the turn processing issue that i didn't find while searching. up to 2.5 mins per turn and on a T1 Large UDM. May just have to give it up and go back to a regular since this would take me years to probably finish.

If it was ship related and i searched out and killed the other race's main fleets - is there a potential for improvement? Althought it is normally pretty difficult to chase down the other races in this game...seems like they see you coming and always move away.

Return to “General Chat”