random events

You can talk about anything. (please read forum rules before posting)

Moderator: thunderchero

lee0920
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

random events

Post by lee0920 »

Hi im new to this site but first of would like to say how cool the new UM5 mod is well done to all involved in its making
just a few isues and main one being random events
when i first started playing the game was fine and had them all the time now on 3 seperate occasions i have gone past the turn 100 mark
and all i have had is ship degrading virus i am just wondering has anyone else came across this issue i have also yet to see the borg and that is main reason i have them on
my 2nd issue is when i absorb a minor race they all have scientific buildings but never no data banks
and 3rd is game lag i seem to get it after turn 70+ is there still no fix for this
thankyou for your time
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: random events

Post by Martok »

Welcome to the forums, lee0920! :)

1.) Not sure what your question is here. Are you wondering why you haven't had more random events than the ship-degrade virus?

2.) Minors never build intel structures on their own. You have to build them yourself once they join you.

3.) Unfortunately, there is still no fix for the game lag; despite the best efforts of hard-working folks like thunderchero, quasardonkey, Flocke, etc., there is as yet no solution for this. Destroying enemy ships helps, as does quitting/reloading occasionally, but it's not a permanent fix.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
lee0920
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by lee0920 »

Yes I hardly seem to get random events at all maybe
One every 70 turns and the borg arnt ever appearing
Also I noticed that the subtonic simulators that give energy don't actually seem to give any
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

Well the game is far from stable unfortunately it has a lot of bugs.

As for the energy that structure provides research not energy so I am confused on the question.
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
lee0920
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by lee0920 »

thankyou for the replies people much appreciated i guess i worded my questions wrong let me try again

Q1. I only seem to be getting a random event every 70+ turns and im yet to see the borg is this normal as in vanila i wld get alot more and
see borg also

Q2. Subtonic resonator is the item that gives you 180% energy not the reserch one yet it never raises my energy.

Q3. Turn lag thanks to Martok i can see there is no fixfor this although i have recently improved my turn speed by 100% doing these 2 things 1. disable internet conection and 2. set priority of trek.exe to high or realtime wonder if anyone else has tried these.

i have also noticed the transporter + colony ship for tereform no longer works for 1 turn tereform

thanks again and anymore advice is most welcome
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

lee0920 wrote:Q3. Turn lag thanks to Martok i can see there is no fixfor this although i have recently improved my turn speed by 100% doing these 2 things 1. disable internet conection and 2. set priority of trek.exe to high or realtime wonder if anyone else has tried these.
After reading your post I tested this on the saves I have for testing turn processing and saw no improvement.

We have been looking at this problem lately. Lag looks to be mainly AI ship movement related.

thunderchero
lee0920
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by lee0920 »

must just be on my computer as i was lagging from turn 75 were as other ppl got alot thurther i think thats why it helped me
lee0920
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by lee0920 »

has anyone tried turning ship building so high would take almost a hundred turns to build 1 ship have randoms on then skip through to see if it is 100% ships i suppose an edit wld be needed to also make sure each race starts of wiv 30 colonys so they can spread and build also
lee0920
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by lee0920 »

randoms off so no borg i mean
lee0920
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by lee0920 »

i also forget to mention i also installed razor cortex as this is a microsoft game and i had same problems with civ 5 when ai had built up alot of units it seemed to help alot once installed load game then click boost on loaded process it will close game but boost will be active then load game agin and there will be a big difference it happens over time instead of 3 mins for 1st turn on it was down to 2.30 by 5th turn i was down to 30 secs

Return to “General Chat”